Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:05 pm
Do you like mpreg? My friend is completely freaked out by it but I like it. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to it, it freaked me out at first too. Though now I love it.
Some of my other friends agree that mpreg is cute, and the others are...well they don't like it.

So, do you like or dislike mpreg?
Did it make you go "gah o_o" at first?
Anything else you can get from this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:58 pm
I like Mpreg, but not all of them. Like Draco and Harry, or Ron and Draco Mpregs are very interesting and cute. But like if it was Snape and Harry... I'm not so sure. That would be so awkward for me.

When I first heard of it, I thought it was pretty cute (I'm a very accepting person, and if you don't know that by now it's like... Where have you been? o_o). No it didn't freak me out, at first when a friend was telling me about it I thought it was pretty funny, but then I read some Mpreg stories and I thought it was just so cute.

Stacey Q

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:16 pm
Mpreg is at the very top of the list titled "Things That I Won't/Don't/Can't Read"

I've never liked it, and not because no one writes it well (which usually will make me like something because I had previously seen crap authors try to use something) for lots of different reasons.

1) Physically Impossible, I doubt even magic is that advanced.
2) Ow...it hurts for a female, assuming that they do manage to have a reasonable explanation for it (and other species is not reasonable in the HPVerse) I can't even begin to imagine the pain a guy goes through.
3) It's called adoption. Most homosexual couples who want children use this method (or try to at least) and it works best in not only the Real World, but in every fandom imaginable. What fandom can't have characters either adopt or find some poor child in an alley to take care of?

I just find it far to outlandish for my tastes--and considering what I do like, that's saying a lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:40 pm
I'll agree with HKBlack. It's just weird. I mean, it would be more realistic if you made said couple try to adopt a kid. I mean, its not like its very hard to figure out how the whole process works and it would add more depth to the story.  

Minerva_McGonagall

Ramen Condoms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:38 pm
I like it. I don't go out of my way to read it, but I still will if one comes up.

@HK 1. Use your imagination ^_^
2. They usually have a c-section.
3. Wheres the fun in adopting a kid if you have can use magic?

Whenever I read mpreg fics I just numb my mind to logic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:44 pm
I like it, but it really depends on the pairing. I mean, H/D sure, but like Harry/Sirius or Harry/Severus are just too weird. For some reason the Harry/Seamus doesn't bother me either, considering I've read a few of those where Harry got pregnant.

Mpreg bothered me for a long time, but after I got used to the lemon scenes that usually occupmany (SP?) them I found them drastically cute. What's the point really of having magic if you can't have it be used in "mysterious" ways? 3nodding  

kimika56

Stacey Q

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:05 pm
kimika56
I like it, but it really depends on the pairing. I mean, H/D sure, but like Harry/Sirius or Harry/Severus are just too weird. For some reason the Harry/Seamus doesn't bother me either, considering I've read a few of those where Harry got pregnant.

Mpreg bothered me for a long time, but after I got used to the lemon scenes that usually occupmany (SP?) them I found them drastically cute. What's the point really of having magic if you can't have it be used in "mysterious" ways? 3nodding

(SP): it's accompany, since you were unsure.

I know what you're saying, and seriously! There are probably millions of spells and things out there that can be mysterious to the wizard world, and an Mpreg spell could just be very advanced to where it's almost unheard of (and maybe was stopped being practiced). Like there is probably magic that could make someone invisible without an invisibility cloak (God that would be so awesome). But anyway you never know, JK makes the rules and because of that, there could be a spell for everything with the exception of bringing someone back from the dead.

The point is no one will ever know, so yes MochaFlavoredPencil, imagination is indeed the key in this case. :3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:50 am
I imagine if there was magic to bring a person back to life, it's probably Blood Magic which is mostly likely under the category of Dark Magic, as with the potion/spell that brought good old Voldemort back. That was Blood Magic. Of course, so is the protection over Harry while he's at the Dursley's. Simple and effective Blood Magic. In Druid and Wiccan society (the actual old world societies not this new aged bullshit) Blood Magic was insanely powerful and very delicate.

Just a thought.

As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.  

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

Honorelle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:14 pm
I heart Mpreg, mainly because I find a great deal of them absolutely hilarious.

I don't like quite so much those that say 'Oh Harry's pregnant' as if its a readily acceptable fact.

I like seeing what weird background details people can come up with for why the men are capable of getting pregnant.

If I enter a large fandom with a small Mpreg showing, I get quite disappointed.
One of my favourite LJ communities is CSI Mpreg called We Are As Evil As They Come. Which fits us Mpreg fans quite well.

We are evil, because normally the men are put through more pain then natural child birth, which leads me to suspect that the majorityy of mpreg writers are those women who claimed during birth that their husband was having the next one!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:59 pm
Mpreg is not my style of choice.... hell, it's not even in the top twenty. I've yet to read anything that's pulled it off, and I rather enjoy the romance and sex of a relationship without childbirth involved- slash or het. If they've already got kids (in het), that's fine, or if they're adopting, it's horribly cute, but childbirth is a gross situation all the way around.  

Baroness_Nox

Empress_Kat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:11 pm
It's cute, and I'll read it, but it's not my very favourite.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:17 pm
I'll read it if it makes sense and is well written,but of all the Mpreg I've read so far hasn't been.I've mostly stopped reading them,except if a particular one sounds interesting or catches my eye.  

Dracavia

Ravasalque

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:20 am
I'll of the ones I've read haven't been very good, but there are some (about other series) I've read and are hilarious, even if they are impossible.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:27 am
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
I imagine if there was magic to bring a person back to life, it's probably Blood Magic which is mostly likely under the category of Dark Magic, as with the potion/spell that brought good old Voldemort back. That was Blood Magic. Of course, so is the protection over Harry while he's at the Dursley's. Simple and effective Blood Magic. In Druid and Wiccan society (the actual old world societies not this new aged bullshit) Blood Magic was insanely powerful and very delicate.

Just a thought.

As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.

I completely agree with you, though. I'd be more impressed if someone wrote a story about the struggle that [insert slash couple of choice] went through to adopt a child.
Or even if they used a surrogate mother. Now that would make for an interesting idea.
I've never really been a fan of M-Preg.

hikaridonya

HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas