Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Sign the No Phone Zone Pledge Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sign?
  YES
  No
View Results

drinking12

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:01 am
Save a life—maybe even your own—and sign the No Phone Zone pledge.

http://www.oprah.com/packages/no-phone-zone.html  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:28 am
Texting while driving is probably the most retarded thing anyone can do. I can't imagine how anyone thinks they can safely read and type a text message while trying to maneuver the roads.  

No Sex For You

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:35 am
No Sex For You
Texting while driving is probably the most retarded thing anyone can do. I can't imagine how anyone thinks they can safely read and type a text message while trying to maneuver the roads.
expecally when some of them can't drive while actually paying attention to the roads xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:47 am
I won't go without my phone - but I put it on speaker, like any smart person would do. ^_~  

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100

drinking12

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:38 am
I used to actually text and drive and talk on the phone. But that will change since i signed the pledge. Texting and talking on the phone while driving can wait. :]  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:52 am
I can't even walk and text.  

scrub
Crew

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:25 am
scrub
Well then it is a good thing your smart enough to not try it while driving =D

and maybe we should get you a helmet and some pads for text walking moments? xd heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:00 pm
scrub
I have you beat. I can't even TALK and text. gonk  

Adorky
Crew

Eloquent Demigod

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:10 pm
I don't have to sign any pledge. I never even have my phone ON in the car. How much do you want to bet the lady who totaled M's car was using one? I mean seriously, how can you not stop when you see people stopped at a red light unless you're totally not paying attention? D:

I'm afraid of driving, and not because I'm not a good driver. I'm a really good one. I'm just terrified of other people. I can't tell you how many people I know who have been killed by, injured by, or had their car crunched because other people weren't paying attention and plowed into them. :C

It's a really important issue to me. If I catch any of my friends on their phones or doing anything else that's distracting while they're driving, they get a serious scolding from me. It's unforgivable.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm
Over here, it is illegal to even talk on your phone while you are driving.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

Archon of Aegis

Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 pm
coldheartedangel
Over here, it is illegal to even talk on your phone while you are driving.
Same here. I remember going on a trip to Indy and yelling, "WTF is everyone nuts, they're all on their phones!"

I have the ability to just not text while I'm driving or have my phone on speaker if it rings. I don't need Oprah or some paper to have self control  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 pm
I've texted and phoned while in the driver's seat.... but I only ever did it at stop lights. Once that light goes green, I put the phone down. I don't see how anyone can even consider doing more than that. It's just not worth the risk.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

TheFrostMonster

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:48 pm
i am guilty of driving and texting but that was only once and that was when my son was on his wat to the hospital and i was texting his mom to tell her to meet me their and that was my only time but ill pledge not to text while driving any more well unless my son is on his way to the hospital again  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:07 pm
I'd love for it to be illegal here, it irratates me to see people on their goddamn cell phone while driving.

The worst part about them, is that they're too busy on their phone to notice that I'm flipping them off.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:10 pm
Canada's already a step ahead, my friend got a 300 dollar ticket plus 4 demerit points off his record for driving down a 400 series highway ( Interstate as you Americans likely call it ) for talking on his cellphone without a hands free device.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff