Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:32 am
Well, since this is a picture post for animals I decided to post pics of my..photography stuff of various animals and insects I've photographed.
Froggy
User Image
Butterflies
User Image
User Image
User Image
Lizard:
User Image
raccoon:
User Image
User Image
Bees
User Image
Cicada:
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:33 am
they look awesome biggrin  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:27 am
Nice photos. ^-^ What type of camera do you use?  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 am
Nice photos. biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:00 am
Lady Lagomorph
Nice photos. ^-^ What type of camera do you use?

These were taken with a Canon PowerShot and a Casio Exilim.
The frog, bees, and cicada were all done with the Canon.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:58 pm
I love the pictures of the butterflies. biggrin Especially the one with the blue on it.

I once had a cicada that seemed to like me. I found it in our car. I went to get it so I could show it to my family and take pictures of it, and it made its noise, which startled me. lol. I did eventually manage to not be startled by it and get it. After showing it to my family and taking pictures, I went to release it outside. Shortly after returning back inside, my parents pointed out that it was sitting on my shoulder. lol. I had a hard time getting it to get off of me and go onto a tree. lol.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Parfait Parrot

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm
Whoa, what kind of cicada is that? :O  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:41 am
Parfait Parrot
Whoa, what kind of cicada is that? :O

Um...a regular one? xD  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:44 am
CrissAngelLover12345
I love the pictures of the butterflies. biggrin Especially the one with the blue on it.

I once had a cicada that seemed to like me. I found it in our car. I went to get it so I could show it to my family and take pictures of it, and it made its noise, which startled me. lol. I did eventually manage to not be startled by it and get it. After showing it to my family and taking pictures, I went to release it outside. Shortly after returning back inside, my parents pointed out that it was sitting on my shoulder. lol. I had a hard time getting it to get off of me and go onto a tree. lol.

That's quite a cute story.
Unfortunately this one was not so lucky ): I had it because it's wing was damaged and it was sitting in a very bad spot, so before I moved it I put it on my hand and took pictures. When I went to release it I tried to put it in a tree but it kept falling, and my cat wondered up and spotted it so I had to move it. Then as I was trying to move it to the garden it suddenly flew and then crash landed RIGHT in front of my cats, and all four of them attacked it before I could gather it up again and put it in the garden.
It was still alive when I put it in there, but I have no clue if it survived any longer.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 am
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

That's quite a cute story.
Unfortunately this one was not so lucky ): I had it because it's wing was damaged and it was sitting in a very bad spot, so before I moved it I put it on my hand and took pictures. When I went to release it I tried to put it in a tree but it kept falling, and my cat wondered up and spotted it so I had to move it. Then as I was trying to move it to the garden it suddenly flew and then crash landed RIGHT in front of my cats, and all four of them attacked it before I could gather it up again and put it in the garden.
It was still alive when I put it in there, but I have no clue if it survived any longer.

Aww, the poor cicada. I hope it survived...

The year that there was a large abundance of cicadas, I caught one of the pupal/larval (dunno which it was lol stages and put it in a jar with a stick, poked lots of holes in the lid, and it climbed up the stick and I got to watch it become an adult cicada. It was awesome! The adult cicada was all white at first. Once it turned it's adult colors and its wings dried out enough that it could fly, I let it go. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of that one. Here are some pictures of the Cicada that seemed to like me:

User Image

User Image

User Image

Here's pictures of a cool moth my dad had found:

User Image

User Image

User Image  

CrissAngelLover12345

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 am
That moth is so pretty! I wish I had some around here like that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:31 pm
iDiru

It is. biggrin We have all kinds of neat looking moths here. biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru

It is. biggrin We have all kinds of neat looking moths here. biggrin

The only moths I see around here are brown moths, white moths, occasionally one of those huge brown moths who's name escapes me, and I think Luna moths.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:48 pm
They are amazing pictures, what camera do you have?  

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:54 pm
Ah, gotta love those Canon cameras. =)

I should find this old picture I took a while back of this weird insect that was outside my window. Not a great photo, but I still am not sure what kind of insect it was. It basically looked like the front half of a small brown praying mantis stuck onto a wasp abdomen. o.o Very peculiar.

Pictures

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff