Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinjaChick2012

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:52 pm
Okay,so this guy I've had a crush on for half a school year just said he likes me 7/10...
Is that considered good? Anyways,my best friend --Kabob_Squishy-- has just been asked to go out! <33
I was like,"yay",and so was all our other buds,but she was worried about who was going to take them.
She thought maybe we could go double-dating,but we just don't know who would take us wherever we're going...
And then I thought,"Is this why junior high kids shouldn't date? Because this might happen?"
But then I thought a lot of my other classmates are dating right now...
So my question is when's the okay age to be dating for kids?

6/6/10 7:33 PM Pacific Time:
Haha,I'm acting as if this is a public journal! (;
Anyways,my friend recently said on Friday that she thought she was too young for dating,even though she loves someone and he loves her.
She thought that she should enjoy life while she's young,but that's just her opinion...but then again,it's partially my opinion.
I love someone too right now,and he loves me,but I'm not sure...about anything.
Especially after reading all these replies!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 pm
I don't think there is an age to start dating. A person should only date if they are ready.
For example, me! I am almost 16 and I've never had a boyfriend.Ii've been asked out, but I politely turn guys down and just say that I am not ready for a relationship. They always seem to understand. But never lie about how you feel, because a lie can come back to haunt you...  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

In my opinion, you really shouldn't until you're at least 15...But that's just my opinion.
In my parenting class, we were taught that a relationship before the age of 16 can have extremely negative effects later in life, though I can only remember a few of them off hand...
I dunno, but it's just...weird to be "dating" before the age of 15, I mean, you're still a kid, use that time to be a kid. There are so many things you can get into trouble with in a relationship and you don't need that at a younger age. Not to mention STD's and pregnancy depending on how far you take the relationship. But it can cause psychological "issues" later.

I dunno, it's up to you, but I don't think it's a good idea before the age of 15, and I'm partially speaking out of personal experience, 3 relationships before I was 16 and I regret all 3 of them because I was too young. It's not a good idea, really, but whenever you feel ready is okay, I guess. Just don't force yourself to do anything just because you feel you should or you feel pressured or anything. Only do something like this when you feel ready.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:15 pm
Harley91594
I don't think there is an age to start dating. A person should only date if they are ready.
For example, me! I am almost 16 and I've never had a boyfriend.Ii've been asked out, but I politely turn guys down and just say that I am not ready for a relationship. They always seem to understand. But never lie about how you feel, because a lie can come back to haunt you...

Ohh,I see...well thank you for the advice. ^-^  

NinjaChick2012

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

NinjaChick2012

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm
Angel Nicholson
User Image

In my opinion, you really shouldn't until you're at least 15...But that's just my opinion.
In my parenting class, we were taught that a relationship before the age of 16 can have extremely negative effects later in life, though I can only remember a few of them off hand...
I dunno, but it's just...weird to be "dating" before the age of 15, I mean, you're still a kid, use that time to be a kid. There are so many things you can get into trouble with in a relationship and you don't need that at a younger age. Not to mention STD's and pregnancy depending on how far you take the relationship. But it can cause psychological "issues" later.

I dunno, it's up to you, but I don't think it's a good idea before the age of 15, and I'm partially speaking out of personal experience, 3 relationships before I was 16 and I regret all 3 of them because I was too young. It's not a good idea, really, but whenever you feel ready is okay, I guess. Just don't force yourself to do anything just because you feel you should or you feel pressured or anything. Only do something like this when you feel ready.

User Image

Ahh,I see as well! x3
Before 16...I'll think about that. ^-^

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:27 pm
NinjaChick2012
Angel Nicholson
User Image

User Image

Ahh,I see as well! x3
Before 16...I'll think about that. ^-^

Lol I'm not trying to be bitchy or anything, but there are negative things to everything and you really have to take things into consideration. A relationship is a big thing, they can be really scary and break easily.
You do have to be gentle with them lol
What I'm saying is, don't do it before you're not ready. I wouldn't let my kids date before 15, but that's just because of what I've been through with dating at a young age. Just go at your own pace and don't do anything until you truly feel that you're ready.  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

XHarmony_The_KH_LoverX

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 pm
I dunno, I think 14 is a better age.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:01 pm
I think dating in middle school is ok, as long as its casual. Dont expect to find your life partner when you're twelve, and dont get too emotionally involved. Also you shouldn't date anyone that you're not genuinley interested in (personal experience). Once this person asked to go out with me, and at the time i had really low self-esteem. I was just so flattered that anyone would ever find me attractive that i automatically said yes, even though i had no interest in the person whatsoever. That caused a lot of problems for me later on and i guess i kinda broke this persons heart when i finally admited my real feelings.
My opinon is that you can date as long as you know what you want and stay true to yourself.

Leaf pup

i am dark rose

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:10 pm
i say 14 and im that age and dating some one on here and same boy in life ^^  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:23 pm
I say 16, because what is the point if you can not DRIVE ANYWHERE!!!
How romantic is it sitting in the back of a parents car getting driven somewhere???
Not very...
That is my opinion it is logical.
If you are under 16 keep your friends that are boys close,
Because usually when you break up with them YOU NEVER TALK AGAIN!
If you REALLY need a boyfriend at a younger age make a promise to still be friends after.  

IzzyCW

Gracious Fatcat

6,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 pm
I say when your ready to get married
What is the point of dating if your not going to get married?
I've been asked out starting at the age of 12 but have never acccepted just because of the fact I don't want to get married or have sex any time soon so whats the point of getting into something that you really don't need or want in your life right now?  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:16 pm
jesusgirl115
I say when your ready to get married
What is the point of dating if your not going to get married?
I've been asked out starting at the age of 12 but have never acccepted just because of the fact I don't want to get married or have sex any time soon so whats the point of getting into something that you really don't need or want in your life right now?

User Image

Because you're not just going to go out and marry some random guy. You want to take the steps in getting to know how a relationship with the person is going to work before you get married. You don't want to be in an unhappy marriage because you didn't take the proper steps.
It's the old fashioned "courting" idea.
You have to test drive a vehicle before you buy it. My views on sex before marriage are mixed (if you want to wait, go for it, but don't tell everyone who didn't that they're sinners, that sort of thing).
Anyway, there is a point to dating people you're not going to marry because you don't know if they're right for you to marry if you don't date first.
Your way of thinking there just strikes me as silly.
What's the point of marrying someone you barely know? You're never going to be "ready to get married" if you don't find a guy who can make you feel like that over time.
Also, some people just don't want to get married. My stepfather never wants to get married (they're married commonlaw), but he wants a good girlfriend to spend the rest of his life with. Marriage for him, is just too much of a formal title.
You don't HAVE to get married or have sex just because you have a relationship, but it is very wise to check out the dating scene before you even think about getting married. Like I said, you need to test drive before you buy. You don't want to tie the knot with someone who turned out to not work for you.

Anyway, that's my opinion of your post. Take it or leave it, but you, my dear, just sound like a silly little girl whee

User Image

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:21 pm
I'm 16, and until this year I haven't been allowed to date. I think it was a really good choice to wait...it was hard, but looking back I probably wasn't old enough...I still don't know if I am! Haha, but I'd say wait. It sucks, I know but u want your relationships to last. Don't sell yourself short by settling for seomthing that's not going to last long. It just gives you one more set back for later on in life.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:45 pm
IzzyCW
I say 16, because what is the point if you can not DRIVE ANYWHERE!!!
How romantic is it sitting in the back of a parents car getting driven somewhere???
Not very...
That is my opinion it is logical.
If you are under 16 keep your friends that are boys close,
Because usually when you break up with them YOU NEVER TALK AGAIN!
If you REALLY need a boyfriend at a younger age make a promise to still be friends after.

Lol, I'm 17 and I don't have my Ls. My boyfriend does but he still can't drive without a licensed driver. We catch buses.
I don't think there's any problem with dating a young age. My bf and I have been together for almost two years now and we started dating when we were 15. I think it just depends on how mature you are and how good your communication is. Your relationship is doomed to fail if you don't make ssure you both want the same thing! There's really no harm doen either way though, if you're not readfy for a relationship, you'll break up and get over it. My advice to anyone wondering if they are old enough to date would be just to take the physical stuff really really slow.

LyricalSoul93

Cx27

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm
I don't think there's anything wrong about dating at younger age.
However, from my own experience, from age 16 things actually got serious, as in seeing a relationship behind it. Every flirt or date I had before I was 16 was just for fun or without a second thought.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff