Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Monster Hunter: Gaia (Dnd 3.5 work in progress. Help) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
Sindri Islands, have been home to monsters and monster hunters. For aslong as the mortal races had weapons to combat the mighty monsters. Brave men and women of all races come to test their mattles against the legendary monsters in the area. Few walk back on the boat to go back home, alive. But, those who do are ether, legends them selfs, or walk aways. No one who comes to these islands are called a coward....

[ Setting Information/Background ]
Need to find or make a map for the islands

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Have you ever played monster hunters? Any one, would do. If not the concept is simple you go out to fight a monster in their environment. If you aren't careful you could be facing a dragon. When you was only looking for fish.

Well, I am going to try to run that kind of campaign. a team of hunters versus the world of monsters.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources:DMG, PHB, PHB2 MM. Those are the only books I have at the moment. If you want something else. do a write up on the class. And I will think it over
Banned Resources:

ECL: 6th
Gold: 13000gp
Races: open
Ability Scores*:32 points or 4d6x7
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: LE, NE and CE are banned
Pantheon: open
Backgrounds: Optional

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]Although social skills aren't as needed in this kind of game. I will make it where you can change the price of something depending on you check.
Helpful -20
Friendly -10%
Indifferent base price
Unfriendly +10%
Hateful +20%
Also if you use Intimadate on this check, you will get the best price available but, the next time you try the check to sell or buy something. you will be one rank lower with the merchants of the islands. Helpful to friendly to indifferent to unfriendly to hateful to burn in hell, in which case they will not sell to you.
2]
3]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:11 pm
Are we using point-buy or dice-roll? Point-Buy seems like a better idea, since it prevents both uber-characters and uber-suck characters.

And assuming we do point-buy, I'm gonna start work on my profile. This seems like some fun.  

Slave Xaccheus

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Funny, I was just reading up on point buy. I will allow 32 points or 4d6x7 if you want to roll  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 pm
I had a LA of +1, so mine was 25-point.

Anyway, I've done everything but the HP and the Familiar...  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-8)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm
Wizard HD...  
Slave Xaccheus rolled 4 8-sided dice: 5, 1, 4, 8 Total: 18 (4-32)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:23 pm
Master of Many Forms HD...

I hope this works...  

Slave Xaccheus

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm
This looks pretty cool. I don't have a lot of time to devote, but since this seems more combat and less roleplay, I think I can swing it so count me in.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:46 pm
I present Xakeus To'mas, the Kobold Wizard of Isis!  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:27 pm
I cold give this a rumble =3

Where's that crazy gnome melee killing machine I saw before.

Or somthing really fun...*Vanishes with an evil cackle*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 am
I have the perfect character for this!
But it takes a class from Complete Adventurer, and feats from Complete Scoundrel, and a class variant from Unearthed Arcana to make it work.

The class is Scout. It's much like a wilderness rogue, with more ranger-esque theme.
Wizard's blurb on it. But not the full class itself

Next are the feats, Swift Hunter and Swift Ambusher are the two key feats in this build which allow it to work without it being gimped. Swift Hunter stacks Scout and Ranger for determining Favored Enemy and Skirmish, while Swift Ambusher stacks Scout and Rogue for Sneak attack, and Skirmish. From what I can figure the final build grants Skirmish, Sneak Attack, and Favored Enemy at Level -1.

The projected build is (Wilderness) Rogue 1/Ranger 1/Scout 4.
If you've ever played/watched a Metal Gear Solid game, the character is supposed to function a lot like Snake. Lots of sneaky-sneaky, with precision attacks that leave the enemy guessing until they're eliminated.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:38 am
Oh, dude... That's gonna be one heck of a stealth-guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 am
Seph
Alright build your stealthy character  

Xboxplayerj

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:56 pm
fyi: A number of languages will work with the corresponding races though I will still keep them for a since of realism. (With the number of languages and different dialects on our planet alone.)

For example; Draconic will not be used to talk to the true dragons, but will still work with the Reptilian races. There are a few others but you get the picture. If it can be used to talk to monsters it won't work anymore. Also spells that allow you to speak to animal and monsters will be limited as well.

and you can draw the conclusion Dragons will not follow the rules of MM on alignment. Though the dragon gods, will still be allowed they are the ones that gained enough intelligence to become gods.  
Seph Baelzara rolled 5 8-sided dice: 7, 6, 5, 2, 4 Total: 24 (5-40)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 pm
Go! Dice roll!  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:06 pm
I have to ask, Why are you guys rolling out health?

Hit Points: Max  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces