Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Searching for an active 3.5 campaign Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MooseyFate117

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm
I've noticed that a lot of the games in this guild are ethier dead, havn't had posts for a few months, or are going very slow. I'm wondering if anyone has an active 3.5 game with available spots (1-2) open. I am also wondering if anyone would be willing to start a new campaign.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm
Though I know you already responded in Carthinator's thread, but I've found that one's best bet when joining the guild with no real active/recruiting games, is to offer to run one of your own 3nodding

Also, welcome!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

MooseyFate117

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:24 pm
I did try that, but I honestly don't want to have to build the guild myself, besides, this one is likely to be found first. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 am
In this guild? That's hardly the case. There's a good number of players at your disposal for just about anything.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:10 am
The problem is that they all sign up eagerly, but then one of them lets the game wither and die.

I've been in over a half dozen games at this point, and not a single one has gone on very long.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 am
Unfortunately, it is as Sakura says, someone always seems to let it die. And it's not always the players, I've had DMs just stop responding too.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

MooseyFate117

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 pm
Then I say the DM's should remove the problem player by removing and or killing their player in the game, if the player has a problem with it, you could tell them it was really thier fault, I do think it's fair, because it's not fair to those who want to play.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 am
I think maybe part of the problem may the format. If you want to play D&D, you should use the forum to find players, then use Maptool for the actual playing.  

Kaylakaze

Seiryna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:23 pm
Kaylakaze
I think maybe part of the problem may the format. If you want to play D&D, you should use the forum to find players, then use Maptool for the actual playing.

soo agree XD I don't play pbp games >< they move to slow, and lack alot of things IM games have. I'm weird tho and prefer playing over things like maptools over pbp and even irl games XD but noone can seem to get a game going if its not pbp =x hell I'd play a solo game XD I play a rogue and usually go off on my own anyways XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 am
I hear ya, Seiryna. I've been so desperate for a campaign that doesn't die, I've started building my own party for a campaign with myself. (lol) I haven't gotten very far in, though. I just built a female rogue, and all she's done is escape from jail with a piece of hay (cuz the jail sucks). I have some interesting ideas (like a succubus seducing a male member of the party, or the good old "Dragon steals maiden" quest. Well, I guess I might as well get the rogue's information on to one of those weird stat sheet sites and use it for a campaign. Let's hope that we can get a good one going!

Aimike3 attempts a strange jump with a DC of 15.

*rolls 1d20*

3+4+1=8

Aimike3 fell on his head, taking 1d6 damage. He also lost 1 Int point for 6 hours due to hitting his head.

As you can tell, I gots newbie enthusiasm.  

aimike3

aimike3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 am
Well, I just got a couple characters ready, so whenever you guys want to start.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 am
where would you be playing that game?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

aimike3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:03 am
No idea, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:48 pm
aimike3
I hear ya, Seiryna. I've been so desperate for a campaign that doesn't die, I've started building my own party for a campaign with myself. (lol) I haven't gotten very far in, though. I just built a female rogue, and all she's done is escape from jail with a piece of hay (cuz the jail sucks). I have some interesting ideas (like a succubus seducing a male member of the party, or the good old "Dragon steals maiden" quest. Well, I guess I might as well get the rogue's information on to one of those weird stat sheet sites and use it for a campaign. Let's hope that we can get a good one going!

Aimike3 attempts a strange jump with a DC of 15.

*rolls 1d20*

3+4+1=8

Aimike3 fell on his head, taking 1d6 damage. He also lost 1 Int point for 6 hours due to hitting his head.

As you can tell, I gots newbie enthusiasm.

sounds like my rogue...cept shes never been to jail...been arrested and questioned one tho. but ended up getting the person that turned her in arrested instead XD gotta love great role playing skills XD  

Seiryna

aimike3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am
lol nice. im thinking about playing a wizard tho. the only reason im still playing 3.5 is the Hypertext manual. the moment WoTC lets people make hypertext versions of 4e, I'm upgrading! Either that or when I have enough $ for a rulebook. lol  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff