Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
This week sucked. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:42 pm
I'm sure no one wants to hear downer stories, but I feel like getting it off my chest. razz

I spent last weekend (a long weekend) working on this project which I had scheduled to finish by April, but the guy wouldn't get the content to me. He kept giving it to me piece by piece instead of just giving me all of it. I'm not going to sit around and wait for him. I need to be working. So I said to let me know when he could get me all the content and I'd schedule time to work on it after that. Then suddenly he needed it RIGHT NOW. So I said I'd finish it last weekend. And I finished it... Then Tuesday he sent me more content. stare stare stare stare stare

Meanwhile, I have another job I'm working on full-time in their office 9-5 (at least). So I planned on getting my blood tests done on Saturday, which was the last possible minute because my medication ran out that day, but I couldn't go during the week. But that didn't happen because they couldn't access their payment processing system, so they wouldn't do the tests. Monday was a holiday, so nothing was open. So I had to try to go in early Tuesday morning and be late for work. They still couldn't figure out the payment processing thing, so I was there from 7:30 to about 10:30. UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. But there was nothing I could do. I HAD to get the tests done.

After that I was totally exhausted and achy for the rest of the day, so I wasn't very productive with work and only managed to put in about 4 hours. The rest of the week I was working extra hours. So. Tired.

By the way, I have to pay for the blood tests out of my pocket because M's company dropped me from his insurance and I can't afford to buy any. It'll be another $100 on top of that for the doctor's visit. But I really can't afford NOT to go because then I'll go back to being too completely exhausted to do anything at all.

AND no one is @#$@#%@ paying me! The first guy hasn't paid me because he's put everything off for so long. And this other place, I don't even know why I agreed to do this project for them, because they still haven't paid me for the work I did several months ago. If they don't get caught up after this, I'm done with them. It's ridiculous to wait months to get paid. Do they think I'm doing this for lols?

On top of that, it's been raining so much, and our roof leaks when it rains really bad. We can't find where the water is coming in.

I just want to go to bed and sleep for like a month. Except I can't because I keep getting awakened at like 6 AM and can't go back to sleep. stare

TL;DR: IDC

Edit: Oh and my roommate graduated and went back to Ireland. ;___;  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:50 pm
That really blows, Szen.
Hopefully things'll look up.
You should move to Space, it's really nice this time of year, they also have lasers there.

Edit: That addendum also sucks.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:53 pm
-gives you M cuddles-

Hopefully, everyone will get a brain and start paying you like a good employer should. Then someone will come by your house and be like, "OMG. I LOVE YOUR HOUSE. LET ME GIVE YOU 50+ MIL FOR IT." and then you can move to a house with garage and a pool that you can fill with money and beat down payment processing systems, buy insurance, and publicly wag your finger at M's work for dropping the most awesome Szen.
AT LEAST THE FIRST PART.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy week. DX <3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:05 pm
Space sounds awfully good to me right now. :3

XD I would be happy if this house sold for its assessment value and we could find one that hasn't had the plumbing and wiring stolen. A pool full of money would be a nice bonus though. o:

If I could make as good an aggressive face as my cats, then people would pay up for sure.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:07 pm
):
I wish I could let you have my job for 5 months while I go to Sydney next year to study D:

Or just give you money. But I'm broke ):  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:21 pm
Szen
Space sounds awfully good to me right now. :3
You, & M could live on a spaceship, rob freighters, & fight aliens. It'd be awesome, & there'd be lasers.  

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 am
Aww i hope things are better for you next week <33  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:22 am
de.Lici.ous
):
I wish I could let you have my job for 5 months while I go to Sydney next year to study D:

It would be kind of awesome to go to Australia for 5 months for a job. 8D
Everyone is broke. That's why they aren't paying me. XD; I trust that they will eventually. It just sucks having to wait, since it's by no means extra money. D:

Renard: Lasers make everything better.

Thank you, anon!*coughangelcough* XD <3333333
This next week has got to be better. I think. o_o  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:06 pm
Have M give you a big hug for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:12 pm
Since I can't hug you, I will hug my screen and hope the love and warmth behind it reaches you.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Aw, Szen, I'm sorry your week was so horrible.
:/
I can relate about the paycheck woes; my workplace took about two months to pay me for two weeks of work.
Now they're changing the system so who knows when I'm going to get paid again.
stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:40 pm
Szen
de.Lici.ous
):

Everyone is broke. That's why they aren't paying me. XD; I trust that they will eventually. It just sucks having to wait, since it's by no means extra money. D:

For your sake, I really hope they do pay you D:
I was in a similar situation, the company owing me officially went bankrupt. I didn't get paid ):
I'd gladly let you fill in my spot while I study (: My boss probably wouldn't want me back after having someone as amazing as you working for him xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 pm
Szen
de.Lici.ous
):

Renard: Lasers make everything better.

Thank you, anon!*coughangelcough* XD <3333333
This next week has got to be better. I think. o_o

Didi miss an anon button?...dammit im usually good at remembering that xD

Oh well <33  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:00 pm
Wow, sorry to hear that Szen, that sucks. I really hope it gets better for you. You should move to Ireland with M and your roommate, we'd take good care of you biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm
Thanks for the virtual hugs, guys. <3 I'm actually feeling much less down today, so they must have worked. x3

I'm sorry to hear that you guys have had problems getting paid too. That sucks. D: I guess it happens, and more so lately. I've never had that kind of problem before. They better not go bankrupt. DX It should be fine though, since if they get paid for this job, then I get paid. I'm subcontracting through them.

Angel: The first was anon, but the 2nd one wasn't. XD <33

Qui: I've wanted to move there ever since I visited. XD Part of me feels like it wouldn't be much more hassle moving there than finding a new house and more work here. XD  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff