Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Finally! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wow... It's been long enough that I almost forgot a poll.
  Oh noes!
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:18 pm
After several days of trying to figure out what my password was, I managed it! Woo! *happy dance* It has been such a long time, Suites. o.o I have no idea when it last was that I poked my nose in here. I got so excited when I went on deviantart the other day and got to see a bunch of updates from a few different Suitehearts who post there! I decided I had to come back and see how everyone was getting along.

It's been crazy since I left - way too much school and job angst. I won't bore you with the details on that. Then, in the last little-over-a-month I
1) Graduated from college
2) Lost my job due to graduating from college
3) Got married
4) Got a kitten

All four of those happened within a week: May 14, 15, 18. The month or so after that has mostly been apartment and job hunting, alas with little luck either way. Money's an issue, but when hasn't it been? We'll get by. It's been wonderful to live in an apartment with just my husband and I - no roommates to make things messy.

How has everyone else been? What's the most exciting thing that's happened to you within the last few months?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:47 pm
IFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!!!!
*majorattackglompage*
YOU'RE ALIVE!!
AND YOU FINALLY MARRIED M!!
YIPPEE!!!
And from what I can tell, you got the kitten on my birthday!
Whoo-!  

Ryu Redwings

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm
DRAGON DARLING!! *hughughughughug* You live! And you're back and all! Oo, that means I should give you back your things that you lent me while you were away, huh? Eeeee it's so good to see you! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:53 pm
I gave you stuff?
Lol, yeah, I've got internet at my house now!
Its great to see you too!
In pixel form that is.
>>;;  

Ryu Redwings

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:19 pm
A hell of a while back, when you left to do school things and weren't going to have internet for a long time, you dished out a bunch of things to people who asked. To safeguard them for you until such a time as you returned for longer than a week. ;D I have a list of the stuff you gave me floating around here somewhere. Just have to find it. *peers at Suites* Is it just me, or has it gotten a lot slower in here?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 pm
Oh, I remember that.
I just can't remember what I gave you.
Yeah, it's gotten way slow.
I think it's due to the fact that all the regs (like myself) are getting older and finding lives outside of the internet.
XD  

Ryu Redwings

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:21 pm
I think for me it was just the Red Sprite... Which I'll trade you presently. XD

Doesn't really surprise me overmuch. (: Just a little sad. This is the only way I know of to contact most of the old regs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm
Ifa, I love you!
Szen's okay with you marrying M?

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:39 pm
Hey! o:
I think Vi started a trend with her thread popping in. I'm good with this.

Congrats on graduating, the cute kitten, and the marriage! <3
I'm happy for you. x3

I don't think anything really exciting happened in the last few months for me.
But I'm in college now though I'm taking off the summer. o: I've changed my mind of what major I've wanted like a bajillion times now and probably drove Szen insane with my constant second guessing and rambling and ranting (about the crappy Art department here). 8D He deserves a medal now that I think about it.
Maybe that can be my exciting thing! Hosting a medal ceremony on the internet. YAY.

I think one reason it is as slow as it is right now is because of the lack of threads. Most of them have an okay to pretty good amount of replies, at least, but after a while, people just get tired of not seeing new topics and leave for a bit.
Or they are like me and go through periods where I want to talk someone's ear off and times when I'm a big fat lurker.

Edit:
@Renard
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about that. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:50 pm
Renard Muldrake
Ifa, I love you!
Szen's okay with you marrying M?
Renard! heart *HUG* Turns out, Szen's just fine with sharing, just so long as he gets his fair share. ;D

(ILU Szen pleasedon'tkillme)  

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:06 pm
PainfullyVivid
Hey! o:

I'm happy for you. x3

But I'm in college now though I'm taking off the summer. o: I've changed my mind of what major I've wanted like a bajillion times now and probably drove Szen insane with my constant second guessing and rambling and ranting (about the crappy Art department here). 8D He deserves a medal now that I think about it.
Maybe that can be my exciting thing! Hosting a medal ceremony on the internet. YAY.

I think one reason it is as slow as it is right now is because of the lack of threads. Most of them have an okay to pretty good amount of replies, at least, but after a while, people just get tired of not seeing new topics and leave for a bit.
Or they are like me and go through periods where I want to talk someone's ear off and times when I'm a big fat lurker.

Edit:
@Renard

Paaaaaaainnnnnn~! heart *hugcling* Are you still doing art-related things, then, or did you give up on the art department all together?

*laughs* I remember going though phases like that. It was always hard to pull the guild out of the slumps. We came up with some of the most random topics. XD

*toddles off to post a few pictures in the PYOP*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:10 pm
XDDDD
IFA! o: Congrats on everything!
I've been busy trying to work and actually get paid for it. Turns out working for yourself involves taking on the role of bill collector, and I'm just not very intimidating.
Good to see you again. But now I'm going to bed because I'm running a serious sleep deficit.

Oh. And I would like to start getting medals for everything so I can be like Idi Amin. :3  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm
You actually ARE here! biggrin heart *HUG* I missed you! It was actually realizing that you'd given me a llama badge on Devart that reminded me that I'd promised Suites pictures and that I really wanted to talk to people again.

Sorry to hear that the whole self-employed thing isn't working out quite as well as you'd hoped... It's so HARD to be mean to people! Even when it's for your own wellbeing. D: Go sleep and at some point we'll have to make you medals. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
PainfullyVivid
Hey! o:

I'm happy for you. x3

Edit:
@Renard

Paaaaaaainnnnnn~! heart *hugcling* Are you still doing art-related things, then, or did you give up on the art department all together?

*laughs* I remember going though phases like that. It was always hard to pull the guild out of the slumps. We came up with some of the most random topics. XD

*toddles off to post a few pictures in the PYOP*

I changed my major from Studio Art to English-Writing with a minor in Art. So, I'll probably just be taking as many drawing classes as I can (which is only 5) or some drawing and a photo class. Not sure. I just can't deal with the department on a permanent, constant basis. I'd tear out all my hair. @____@ And theirs. They lose things. They let the tech guys who are the only ones that have the passwords to use certain items in the Art lab off during finals week when people need to use the color laser printer to print their finals. Neither of my classes were really instructional. It was mostly just, "See this still life? Draw it. Then read this chapter tonight." or learning to do projects but not the actual topic of the class, 2D Design.

Yeah. This slump is just really long and comes and goes a lot. It might just be that we need to do some inviting to get a few new regs up in here. I just hate mass inviting.

OH.
I HAVE AN EXCITING THING.
I CHOPPED OFF MOST OF MY HAIR.
I have a pixie cut now.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 pm
Hey Ifa! It's really great to see you again! =]
Congratulations on the marriage!!! heart