Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm gay. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:30 pm
Yes, I said it. I finally came out of the closet.

I've already told my two best friends (I haven't told anyone else, including my family). I'm sure I'm safe saying it on the internet for a multitude of reasons: 1) Anyone could have posted under my username, so the likelihood of investigations (and the believability) to come is slim. 2) It's Gaia, and most of the users haven't even hit puberty yet, thereby furthering my claim about investigations. 3) It's The Suites. Most people [if not all that are active] are mature enough to understand. There are more reasons.

Why is this such a big deal for me? Because I've gone through so much in the past. As with other LGBT folk out there, coming out is no easy task. Finding your own identity in a society that demands normalcy is challenging enough, and we do it with one of the harshest stigmas on our backs. Also, I've been ridiculed ever since elementary school, simply because I didn't "fit the mold" of how a male should be (lack of physical fitness, high female-to-male friend ratio, etc). I've always had an attraction to the same sex. I've just never had anyone I could confide in [until recently] to tell the truth.

NOTE: And yes, I still have every intention of becoming part of the fire department AND to serve my country in the Army. I understand the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is still in effect, but that is more than likely to change within the next couple of years. My personal opinion: I want to help out my community; a true act of social altruism and selflessness, and being treated differently, often in a negative way, due to my sexual orientation is far from "normal."

No, my best friends are not gay; they are indeed straight. No, I will not post pictures of myself. No, I am not dating or seeing anyone. Yes, if asked by my superiors, I will tell them the truth. Yes, I am proud of being gay.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm
Not surprised. ->
I always figured you might be.
But yay for coming out wooo.

comfylove
Crew

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm
That obvious, huh Comfy? Lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:34 pm
I don't think you're terribly obvious, but you never talked about being that interested in any girls (that I know of), or talked about any girlfriends (that I know of).  

comfylove
Crew

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Not surprised.
I dont know you very well and i'm not really a regular in this guild but congrats to you man. Seriously more power to you for not hiding what you are. In this day and age nobody should be ashamed of being gay or lesbian or trans.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 pm
Congrats on taking the first step to admiting you have an add**ktion. Have you decided on which one you want to be? Top, bottom or both?

Also I guess this is one small step for me becoming even closer to the only straight, single guy in the guild! rofl  

wo_nyrmo

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm
@ Comfy: Well, my first/last/only girlfriend was about 6 years ago, and I wasn't even part of Gaia yet. I may have talked about girls every now and then, but that was simply for the sake of conversation. So yes, you are correct in saying that I've never displayed any interest in women.

@ Plague: Thanks. I was never ashamed of what I felt. I was just having trust issues in who I wanted to tell first. And, believe me, once you tell at least 1 person, it's much easier to do on a public forum.

@ Honsu: Addicktion, huh? I'm no sex addict, if that's what you're getting at, lol. Hm... Well, I'm a single guy. Does that count? Haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:43 pm
klynkz
@ Honsu: Addicktion, huh? I'm no sex addict, if that's what you're getting at, lol. Hm... Well, I'm a single guy. Does that count? Haha.
Naw I was taking the joking AAA meeting stance and slapping in the K for the extra humor aspect of it. xp  

wo_nyrmo

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:47 pm
Lol, I know. I really don't take jokes on the internet seriously anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered much if I didn't know what you were talking about.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm
@klynkz: The internet makes it easy to open up to people you don't know about things you have trouble talking to your closest friends about, its weird in a way but nice as well since like you said its not like anyone can truly prove it was you saying something online.

Btw when i said i wasn't surprised it wasn't because it was obvious or anything like that. I just fail to be surprised by things of that nature because i guess i am used to the fact that not everyone has the same sexual orientation. (just didn't want you to be offended or anything)  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

No Sex For You

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm
Well damn. Another unavailable hot guy. : |

In all seriousness, I'm proud of you! It takes a lot of courage to come out like that. I remember trying to tell my dad I was bisexual and he sent me to a psychiatrist for two months. o:

I'm really happy for you. <33  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:53 pm
No Sex For You
Well damn. Another unavailable hot guy. : |
isn't that how it is suppost to work... I mean either gay or taken thats how it goes. 3nodding  

wo_nyrmo

lgtenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:57 pm
@ Plague: Haha, it takes A LOT for me to get offended. The only time I've ever gotten truly pissed off is when someone said, "******** Firefighters" to my face. I punched him in the nose and got suspended the rest of the day, but it was well worth it. So yeah, you couldn't offend me even if you tried (mainly because we're on the internet).

@ Sex: Hot guy? Have you seen me? Wait, do you have a Facebook? biggrin Btw: Don't ever, EVER change your sig.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:03 pm
If I was a guy, I'd definitely have to be gay for Eric Northman.

User Image

Oooh goshhhhh. redface Just google him without a shirt on. You'll understand.  

comfylove
Crew

No Sex For You

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:03 pm
Yes, I have you on my facebook. :] And yes, you ARE hot. xD
I was all "DAAAAMN." when I first saw your picture.

Also, don't worry, I won't. ;D  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces