Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Guys, I'm not doing so well. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

lgtenos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:15 am
I've been really depressed lately. I've even had suicidal thoughts. I'm not asking for sympathy or attention. I just thought telling a third-person group would somewhat relieve a bit of stress.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am
Talking is always good for stress relief.
Why do you think you're depressed?  

Ryu Redwings

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 am
I think, (and this is just my opinion, as I have no clue...) that most of your stress might be coming from your recent realization. It's a big thing when you figure out your sexuality, and it can be hard if it's not socially acceptable. Have you told you parents yet? That might be a reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 am
well maybe you should listen to music on a really high level it always help me when im depressed  

shonji2_rin2

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 am
I hope you feel happier soon. DX

If you think talking to someone who is a third party who have training in this, you can always called Hopeline at 1-800-442-4673. I'm sure there are also several other organizations you could call for some advice and help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 am
Yeah, it's my recent coming-out that's been the major factor. I've lost a lot of my "friends" because they don't want to talk anymore. And no, I've tried the help hotlines, but to no avail. I'm just trying to weather this with the friends I know will understand. Problem is, there's only a very, VERY small handful of them (like 3 or so), and they're all busy because they all work.  

lgtenos

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:44 am
I'm sorry your 'friends' are taking it strangely.
Don't worry, things will work out, and I guarantee you will find new people who will love and understand you for who are.
You found plenty here on the internet, at least that's proof that there are people out in the world who aren't going to judge.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:36 am
Those people were never friends to you in the first place. Think if every single one of them had to wear a shirt that said, "I only like guys who would steal my girlfriend." or just, "Supremacist". talk2hand

Doesn't make it any easier to lose the support system you once had, though. Is there a group like the Gay-Straight Alliance or that... Flag one in your area? They might have counselors who'd talk with you, or even have social events lined up.

Get the bad off your chest without feeling embarassed, meet and talk with people who understand what you're going through, and replace the people who're too insecure to hang out with you anymore. Eventually it will get easier, and be worth it.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:40 pm
_.listen._

You could always pull a Fight Club and start going to Testicular Cancer meetings or sommat.

Feel better honey. It'll be ok. i know we're just words on a screen, most of us are people who you'll never meet outside of the internets, but we care about you.

<3

Edit ;; i don't know what your living situation is but - Get a kitten. Srsly.

_.do|what|they|say._
_.or|they|take|it|away._
_.id|rather|be|dead._
_.than|carry|on._

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:51 pm
I second what Lychee said. It makes me angry that so-called friends would do that to someone. confused That's just shitty.
Just keep in mind that it's them who are the jerks and there are better people out there.
I know you probably feel like you don't fit in anywhere right now, but it isn't true. There are lots of other people out there who think stereotypes are ridiculous and will appreciate you for who you are.
I sincerely hope you feel better soon. I wouldn't wish those feelings on anyone. sad  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:13 pm
I am sorry you're feeling depressed. It's always crappy to lose friends over an aspect of your life. I lost a couple of friends when I became a Christian. I guess they just liked me more as an atheist.

In hopes to cheer you up, I will show you something I found yesterday that made me laugh...

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm
Aww. : < Well, I'm still your friend even though you are a hot gay boy!
Honestly, if they aren't your friends now, I don't think they ever truly were. : <

Though, give them time. Maybe they aren't so much not your friends anymore.. as they are just taking some time to get used to the idea.

But, after coming out.. you've opened up a whole door to new friendships, relationships, and opportunities. :3

I hope you feel better soon. Seeing you depressed makes me sad. : <  

No Sex For You

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:18 pm
Please feel better soon Kyle, I feel like a big pile of s**t myself at the minute, but it depresses me even more to see an awesome person like you be sad because your apparent friends aren't taking this new situation so well. Kei might be right, they might just be taking time to adjust. If they decide that your sexuality is a reason not to be friends with you, then you don't need them. I know that after one of my close friends came out to me, I still thought of him as the same person and it didn't change a goddamn thing.
Ryu is also right. We are real people, and you've made a name for yourself here, we care about you. At least we're some proof that there are people out there who are going to accept you no matter what, it's simply a matter of meeting them.
PM me if you feel the need smile

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:33 pm
If you want to talk I'm always available.
(:
I'm a great listener,
not the best with advice
but it may help you get things off your chest.

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200

lgtenos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Thanks guys.

An honest story: I took my pocket knife to the park today. I was inches away from cutting my carotid artery. Something made me stop though; I don't know what. Then I texted my [fire department] friends for help. They responded, cooled me down, reassured me that I do indeed have friends. In fact, one of them left work to come visit. It was so heart-warming that I cried for two hours.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff