Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Your Username? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

lgtenos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:51 pm
I'm pretty sure I posted this in the past, but I can't seem to find it in our [rather extensive] history of threads. Soooo...

What does your username mean? How did you come up with it? I'm just curious.

Mine: klynkz is just another way of spelling Klinkz, my old account (which is still banned; they accused me of botting. It was years ago, so I'm over it). Klinkz is another re-spelling of Clinks, which is a shorter version of a character [from the Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne created game Defense of the Ancients] named Bone Clinks.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:05 pm
My username is derived from my life in middle school.

It was the first thing I told my first boyfriend.
We only lasted a week. 8D

I know this is off-topic, but are you feeling any better, hun?  

No Sex For You

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:07 pm
Mine is from a phrase off the full version of the theme or end song used for Witch Hunter Robin, I believe. At the time, I was just looking for a AIM username, and I was watching a lot of Witch Hunter Robin.
So, I just used it for my Gaia username when I signed up.

XD
It's weird just because I really don't care about WHR anymore or listen to Japanese songs anymore, so I feel like I've grown out of it. But I've also been called Pain for my entire time on Gaia, so it'd be weird to have a username change.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:16 pm
Originally, I was going to change it to Bringer of War - but I just thought that'd make me look like a douchenewb.

But Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity is my second favorite song in Holst's Planets next to Mars, the Bringer of War.  

H o r n C a l l s

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:30 pm
I can't even remember where this name came from. I made this account almost 6 years ago xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:36 pm
Obviously a sequel to SNL. (If it were a movie.)

Sunday Morning Hangover is a shirt design my Dad orders in, and it showed a girl with her head in her hands, with a gargoyle behind her with his claws encasing her head. This accounts original name was Kurita, named after a battletech house of planets.

My first account, Reapus, which most of you would know me as, was originally just an alteration of Reaper, but took on further meaning later in two parts, Reap & Us, or RapeUs.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:37 pm
Let's see: I'm a poet and I know it.
And since I rhyme all the time,
I made it Light up the Night.
[/corny]  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 pm
You know how in like junior high, when you learn a foreign language they make you use a name from that culture, mine was Renard, & I watch a lot of X-files, so it's also a reference to that.

Also, It just screams suave, & that's what I am.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Blue Salt

Salty Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:18 pm
When I finally decided to join Gaia the names I wanted were already taken so I determined I would have at least the color Blue in the name. Blue’s my favorite color and I can get somewhat obsessed over the color. =x

So while I was thinking of a name I was eating fries and thought how there was too much salt in them. That got me thinking to how too much salt can be bad for you the same way I feel about the color blue. So then I just threw them together and made well….Blue Salt.

Not that interesting and maybe weird so there you go. =x  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 pm
It was random XD  

Sazumei-Chan

1,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm
My favorite movie used to be Hackers (Angelina Jolie, Johnnie lee miller) One of the characters made everyone call him The Plague. I liked it...i was a computer nerd for a long time so i started using it as a handle.
However this is not my first Gaia account. The first one was [Badattitude666] I had a bad attitude...that's about it. But that acct got banned many years ago.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm
I had a 1995-esque username for the longest time, but I wanted a cute, trendy name like many of my friends had. It couldn't be too specific or too common. Lychee is very tasty, so... Lychee Fruit. ^_^  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 pm
Naree is the name of a character in a story that I wrote. In the story, Naree starts to think that someone from the moon is visiting her and eventually her family locks her up in the attic of their house. They think she is crazy from staring at the moon all the time. She thinks she is crazy because she isn't living on the moon. In the end, the day after a lunar eclipse, her family goes upstairs to check on her and she is mysteriously gone.

Also, Naree is just pretty. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm
DarkCloudsBurning {I thought it sounded cool.}
DirtyCoughingBubbles
Teh DCB
Le DCB {which is still my mule}
0-DCB  

0-DCB

Aekea Scarface

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:40 am
Reverse Al Bhed.
*not your not really suppost to change nouns in Al Bhed

but w/e I was curious as to what Honsu Fu looked like in Al Bhed and I didn't like it cause it was "ruhci vi" so I figured what the heck what is the reverse version and it ends up being "nyrmo wo"
I thought it looked intresting so I decided to us it but slap the wo in front since I figured it looked better that way.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff