Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So now.. I have to take my Camaro back. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 pm
: Sigh. : You know I really love this car, but seeing how much it's costing me in fuel and only getting 21 mpg ( I know I didn't buy this car with fuel economy in mind ) combined with the insurance this car really isn't exactly going to work for me. I love it, but it's being too costly to up keep for my own personal taste. I notified the dealer and everythings in order, so I'm taking it back tommorow and getting my money back. Shame to see it go but I don't got much choice, besides my truck still gets 33 MPG which means it's the better vehicle for me at this point in time.

Yes, this is something very hard for me to do because I simply love that car so much. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 pm

D: Nooo! Aw, that really sucks. That car was amazing. Are you gonna buy another car, or just stick with the truck?

Bored4Life57

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:39 pm
In the future I may buy something else but for now I'm going to go back to my Diesel truck which has yet to ever let me down. 72,311 miles on my 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 HD Dually and no mechanic visits yet. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Impressive. I would think a diesel truck would have been more expensive than a Camaro.

Bored4Life57

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm
Aww man! It was so beautiful!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:04 pm
That's how I felt when I got rid of my BMW, only I'd had it for years. ;_; The gas wasn't bad. It just ended up being too expensive to fix and maintain.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:16 pm
@Bored4Life:

The truths about owning cars or sports cars is a FAR cry from anything your parents may have ever told you. It's not a matter of being able to afford my Camaro or Truck, it's the fact the Camaro's poor gas mileage is a total put off and not worth the money I'm spending on it for gas alone makes it a pointless hole in my pocket. Though I admit the Honda CR-Z coming out in 2011 made me take a quick look and from the reviews it's getting I may pick one up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 pm

I meant more expensive in terms of gas, diesel costing more than gasoline.

Bored4Life57

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:36 pm
Bored4Life57

I meant more expensive in terms of gas, diesel costing more than gasoline.
Well actually here in Ottawa today Diesel was five cents cheaper then Gasoline, not only that but generally diesels ( Even trucks if you arn't buying say a Ford F350 though the 250 isn't so bad but a 150 Diesel would go a great distance ) get incredible fuel economy for the buck. It only costs me 45 bucks to fill the big tank with gas and it goes ALOT further then my Camaro would.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Ah. My mistake, then. I wouldn't mind owning a truck. They are very practical vehicles. Not that I can even afford the little POS that I have.

Bored4Life57

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm
Bored4Life57

Ah. My mistake, then. I wouldn't mind owning a truck. They are very practical vehicles. Not that I can even afford the little POS that I have.
I go for quality so I pick the heavy duty trucks, but I usually pick the entry level model of them hence the Chev 1500 HD. 3nodding

Also if you wanna get the most out of fuel economy and are up for a little bit of fun buy a car with a manual transmission. surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 pm
Kosai Avonej
Bored4Life57

Also if you wanna get the most out of fuel economy and are up for a little bit of fun buy a car with a manual transmission. surprised

I would love a car with a manual transmission. But I can't drive stick. I know how to. But I have never practiced it. And my parents are annoying as hell and won't let me get a manual transmission car without knowing how to drive stick. It's a catch 22.

Bored4Life57

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm
Buy a car with your own money then and tell them if they dont like it they dont have to drive it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 pm
Szen
That's how I felt when I got rid of my BMW, only I'd had it for years. ;_; The gas wasn't bad. It just ended up being too expensive to fix and maintain.

Sorry for being late to respond to this. I know how it feels to get rid of a car you like, I lost my elegant brown metallic '62 Cadillac I restored as part of an independant learning project when I was learning my trade because some crazy chick who had some unrequited emotion towards me too a sledge hammer to it. I didn't have the time or money to restore it so I scrapped it, hell I remembering kinda crying too. >_<;;  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm
Ouch. That sucks. DX
Luckily, I don't really care about cars much other than their MPG and safety. Though I would like them not junky looking.

Manual is the best. <3
I get 49MPG Highway on my Beetle. XD; I can drive my six hour trip home without having to stop and having extra gas to spare. I love it.

The car is a good 8 years old now and runs well. Hasn't had to have too many problems fixed, and some of them were the people who work on the car's fault.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff