Fer sure. ;D
  Nahh. D;
  Maybe? o-o
  -Poll whore option-
View Results

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 am
Also known as What A Wonderful World in the original Japanese, The World Ends With You is a roleplay game made solely for the Nintendo DS by Square Enix, (a.k.a. the darlings who brought us the ever-popular Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy). Despite a few clichés, (angsty main character with memory loss...blah, blah, blah), The game itself is pretty amazing, in my opinion. I'm particularly fond of the dual-screen battle system they have set up that seriously pushes your multitasking skills into overdrive. xD

Oh, and if you're not up for reading a TON of dialogue in your video games, this little monster might not be for you ._.;;. I like comparing it to a sort of interactive novel because all the bulk of the game really is, is just the characters speaking back and forth.

Haha, sounds boring, really isn't.

You can read all about it here, and visit the official awesomesause site here.

So...

Discuss;
The World Ends With You.
Ever play it?
Wanna' play it?
Rather shoot yourself in the foot then play it?
...And anything else.
xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:23 pm
TWEWY has lots of dialogue? Psh. Phoenix Wright beats it easily.

Being serious now, I got TWEWY a couple months after it came out, and I ended up spending most of the summer completing it. It was a great game, although the battle system took some getting used to.

If nothing else, it was worth a playthrough for the sheer awesome that is Sho Minamimoto. XD  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:23 pm
"YOU ZETTA SONS A' DIGITS!"
xD
Sho is amazing. How can you not love a deranged math-spewing maniac? You can't. That's the beauty of it.

It took me about two weeks to finish the thing, (I tend to fill the void left from a lack of a life with hours of video gameage), and I don't know how many times I've gone back and played it again because Another Day is just so outrageous.

And I'll have to look into that Phoenix Wright thingy.
Sounds fun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:15 pm
I love twewy so much! Me and my friend got ourselves addicted sweatdrop ...Oh well. It's worth it. I agree that Phoenix Wright has way more dialogue, though.
Fave pins? Partner used most?  

Seastormjt

5,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200

Kimmy_is_awesome

Sparkling Shounen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:19 pm
I want to play it so badly DDD|
My friend who cosplayed it said one girl who dressed as Beat (I think she's the little blonde girl) made most of the pin and put it in a pouch she made for the cosplay. >':
The fact that you use pins makes me wanna play it more...|DD""
I want some of those pins >> <<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am
I played The World Ends With You only briefly, but even in that time I was shocked at the gameplay. Passing attacks between both screens? Seriously? Just amazing!

I intend to get back to it, but it may be a bit much for me. redface  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

xX_Destiny_XxX

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm
I'm looking for it, but online the prices are like 50$! They don't have it in my area.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 pm
I've played it, I thought it was awesome  

bunibby

Cluttered Cutie-Pie

18,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Friendly 100

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 am
User Image

OMG! I love that game! I actually went as Neku for the last convention I went to! It was so cool~ The previous year, I got a few pins from this one booth that sold many different kind of buttons~ So, on my lanyard, I had a Player Pin, Red Skull, and Rhyme~ Then, I went to this other booth that I bought stuff from previous years (different convention though) and they had a badge with Neku that said Player! Of course I bought that~ Oh, and you should have seen me when I found out the gang was going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3D! *squeals*

So, what are your feelings on the idea of a sequel? There hasn't been word of it yet, but I read somewhere that the people behind it are willing to make one. Personally, I say leave it. It ended perfectly and I think continuing it would ruin the magic it had. Plus, Dream Drop Distance was pretty much a sequel anyways. It's so easy to make that canon for TWEWY.....

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am
Kimmy_is_awesome
I want to play it so badly DDD|
My friend who cosplayed it said one girl who dressed as Beat (I think she's the little blonde girl) made most of the pin and put it in a pouch she made for the cosplay. >':
The fact that you use pins makes me wanna play it more...|DD""
I want some of those pins >> <<

User Image

I think you mean Rhyme, Beat's partner. Beat is blond, but he's the guy with the skateboard.

There are a few sites that sell them. I have a few that I got from a convention last year. They sometimes come in a set online. A few might have a list of the ones the can do and you can pick which ones you want. Comes in handy to enhance your cosplay, kinda like an ocarina does for a Link cosplay.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 am
Seastormjt
I love twewy so much! Me and my friend got ourselves addicted sweatdrop ...Oh well. It's worth it. I agree that Phoenix Wright has way more dialogue, though.
Fave pins? Partner used most?

User Image

At least your friends like it! I can't get my friends to play it! They think the game play is too complicated. Well, it is, but you get used to it.

I don't really have a favorite pin..... I liked the slashing ones and the fire ones. I hated the scratching ones. But my partner of choice is Joshua. Not only did he make the game so much more fun ("dear".... Ah, I knew I was going to get a BL pairing out of this game even if I had to beat it out of it..... Glad I didn't have to do that~) but he was pretty good when he was in the air.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 pm
I quite liked it. Was enjoyable and somewhat easy at times. Loved the artwork was pretty badass ♥ I beat it within 8 days, sad I suppose but was worth it. All in all pretty nice.  

DedicatedLady

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 am
I like during the battles with the Noise ( I think that's what they called) you can control 2 people at the same time and your partner varies in different moves and OMG I loved leveling up my pins. I liked the system on how you get bonus like exp or thingo when you haven't played the game for a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:52 pm
User Image

Bought it a while ago and played it for the longest time, but traded it in when there was a time I was addicted to pre-ordering games, but didn't have the money to pay them off. So of course I went and traded in all the great games that I loved. I regret it now, especially since over the summer I played Dream Drop Distance and they were in it. gonk

Spicy Waifu

Precious Reindeer

10,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50

TEWG

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 pm
You're so zetta slow!
This should have been posted a while ago!

28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff