Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market
Trading Frustrations Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:00 am
Oh man, we all know those traders who are clearly uninformed about their own self-worth. The most irritating are those that feel that putting an item on your trading page (regardless of whether it says it's not for trade or anything else) are completely entitled to that item. Telling them no thank you and good luck only infuriates them to the point of stupidity and you find yourself staring down the barrel of the "I'm going to black list you because you made a trading page and wont trade ANYTHING ON IT!" gun, even though you've got several hundreds of items listed as easily tradeable.

So list your frustrating trading stories here > w<
Err, I think it's best if you don't name names though!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:24 am
Huh. Nice topic. Maybe here I can vent every now and then when something retarded like that happens.

This isn't my own story, but a friend told me because it was irritating him. Your story kinda reminded me of this one too.

He had posted a diary in search of the Black Aria item. In response, he got a message from someone who said he'd trade his Black Aria for either my friend's Bubble Gum Kitty or Black Seraph Wings.
In response to the message, my friend replied that the Aria would be faaar from enough payment for the BGK, but that he'd trade the wings for it.
The other person replied back saying that no, the Aria is enough payment for the Aria and that he didn't want the wings for it anymore.
My friend again said no, it's not and that he's not trading it to him, but the other person's response was still saying, yes it is enough.
Now he didn't say how long that went for, but in the end, the other person gave in and took the offer on the Black Seraph Wings.

I find that irritating.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 am
Haha, I get a ton of terrible traders, so I thought it would be somewhere nice to b***h about it XDD<3

I should make an awesome trading stories thread too I think ~

Oh man, that is irritating! There's sooo little that would be tradeable for a BGK! Thank god I don't want one lol. Though I also think the Aria is ugly and the Wings pretty, but hey, I'm glad your friend got a deal they liked even if it was irritating <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:00 am
I find that the Bubble Gum Kitties and the AX items are overpriced. First of all, all the BGK says to the world is "I have no life spending all my time playing Doki Doki for pink moving pixels". Besides, they have blue and yellow ones in the Jap TM so if TM releases those in the future, the pink ones wouldn't be worth so much anymore. As for the AX items, TM is unfair making it only available at AX where as Canadians such as myself CAN'T go there to spin that stupid gacha. People are overpricing their AX items seeing how some people paid A LOT for those stupid kitty bgs. The only item WORTH getting are the animated eyes imo. Screw TM. They just had to make it not fun anymore. Making the people with too much time on their hands and people who can go to AX more rich than old users with their stupid BGK and AX items ...  

iDagger

Friendly Gaian

bibortetu

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 pm
I just say in average. Trading on TM is hard as hell. A simple trade takes a whole day and 2 MM-s.
The worst is when you send an offer and they never answer. At least they could tell they not interested, but 5 from 10 times they won't answer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:00 am
Dagger;; Eh, I have no problem with the BGK because those people worked hard at it whether they're "losers" or not for wasting all their time. I think it's ugly anyway lol. As for the AX items, I think they're over priced, and I don't agree with giving out new items at cons (don't mind old re-releases) but Canada is much closer to AX than Japan (where I live), but that's the way cons go so *shrug* Again, I don't love the items and I don't care.

Bibortetu;; I know what you mean. I've had MMs back and forth for weeks at a time sometimes trying to make deals. And yea, people who can't be bothered to say no thank you, or tell you how to fix your offer, they're just assholes >:  

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

myuui

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:08 pm
c: Don't mind me, I'm just ranting.

- - - - -

I simply hate people who b***h about trading in general. /:
(so I guess for the moment I'm gonna go into self-hate mode~)

All the stories I've read could have easily been avoided if the person in question would just stop replying, move on, and find someone else to trade with.

I also hate people who b***h about prices.

And people who b***h about AX falls under the aforementioned category.
Dude, get the ******** over it.
It's a game.
You are not entitled to every single goddamn item that TM releases. Just because you couldn't fly to another country to attend a convention doesn't mean jack s**t to TM, quite frankly.
They saw it as a good business opportunity:
1. Advertisement. New memebers = potential new g-coin buyers.
2. Lure existing users into playing a gatcha that costs twice as much with the bait of BDW's and limited items.

Returning to the rant about people who complain about prices....

People don't seem to understand that supply x demand =(or greatly influences) PRICE.
People also don't seem to understand that when you want an item from another user, it's their way or the friggin' highway.

They don't have to trade with you. They don't have to reply to you. They don't have to do jack s**t. If they don't like your offer, even if it's supertastical/amazingly awesome, they don't have to accept it. They can ask/demand anything they want, because IT'S THEIR ITEM. And you don't really have the right to get pissy or b***h about what they value their item at. It doesn't matter what YOU think it's worth, because, once again, it's THEIR goddamn item. -___-

I would like to point out that even on Gaia, people can value their item at whatever they want.
Go look at the marketplace.
A majority of the users are selling at roughly similar prices, but every once in a while someone will come along and price it (sometimes accidentally mis-price it) at a significantly lower amount; or sometimes people will price it at a ridiculously high amount.
You don't contact those people and b***h to them about how they price their item, do you?
So why the hell do you feel the need to do it on TM?

Also, that supply x demand thing I mentioned earlier.
Let's explain that, okay?
Item A. 10 people have it. 100 people want it.
Item B. 50 people have it. 50 people want it.

They are both say.. I dunno. hats.
Both GC.
Both animated.
Both created about the same time.

Which one will be worth more?
ITEM A.
It will inflate, because for every 1 item that exists, 10 people want it, and are competing with each other over it. Competition over limited s**t means people will give up more than they usually would to obtain it.
A wonderful case-in-point would be.. ta~da! AX ITEMS.
Half the people who have them aren't even trading them.
And quite a few people want them.
Go check the trading website. How many pages have an AX item? Now how many pages WANT that same item?
Is it making sense now?

Even if it is an ugly dress or crappy background, it. doesn't. matter.
Because if enough people want it, and not enough people are selling it;
THE PRICE WILL BE HIGH.

Alright changing gears here;
now I'm going to b***h about...
PEOPLE WHO b***h ABOUT OVERPAYING FOR SOMETHING~!

Okay. This one really gets me laughing, because these people just do not seem to understand anything at all.

I've read countless threads/stories/diaries/whatever where people say something along the lines of~
"I finally got x item I was wanting SO BAD. But I totally overpaid! I'm so pissed off at greedy users who make me pay so much more than it's worth! ..ect"

I cannot fathom how these people do not understand how ******** crazy they are.

By accepting an "overpriced" trade,
They. Are. Accepting. The. "Overpriced". Value. And. Solidifying. It. For. Everyone. Else.

There is no Führer of TM that proposes absolute values for items.
Even the most "experienced" traders in the forums can only tell you what THEY, or a majority of the populace, believes an item is worth.
But that, once again, doesn't. mean. jack. s**t.
[ reiterating here... Whoever owns the item in question determines the value individually.
If they value it too highly, no one will trade with them, and they will lower it if they really want a trade.
If they value it too low, it will be taken from them quickly, and then a new user will decide it's value. ]

{a little trading math.... this will help make the following paragraph make more sense
Every trade that is accepted adds a new proposed value to an item.
You add up all those proposed values, divide by the number of them (or get the average) to get the most realistic and accurate "true value" of an item. }

Going back to my original point....
SO BASICALLY......
If a lot of people are accepting "overpriced" trades, guess what?
THE VALUE CHANGES.
More people believe the item is worth that much, and more people will only accept a trade that is worth a similar amount.
You know, a he said she said kind of thing.
Example:
bob: "Hey what is z worth?"
joanne: "well the other day I saw it go for x d t g e and y"
billy: "well I traded mine for d x t y g e and w"
bob: "wow thanks! I would have traded it for a lot lower if I didn't know!"

Does that make any sense?
So basically.
The people complaining about paying too much for an item, but who do it anyways, are contributing to the problem.

My final b***h-fest is gonna be about people who complain about "greedy" people.

I'll sum it up real quick;
if they're greedy assholes because they want the most "bang for their buck" or so to say, then you're also a greedy a*****e for wanting the cheapest trade you can find.

See how stupid that sounds? /:

- - - - -

LOL I typed up a shitload.
Guess it's been bothering me lately and this was the only place to complain. (:

Hope I didn't offend anyone too bad. o:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:08 pm
@myuui: TL, but did R

I wondered if others had this perspective on price rants. I'll be frank too, so here's my mini rant on the matter now that you bring it up, so don't mind this as well:
I dislike it when people complain about prices, over-pricing and the like for the same exact reason you do. People can by all means charge whatever they want for their items. If an item is in hype, it's too bad for the person in search of the item who's not willing to pay what is being asked for it. That's just the market. Supply & Demand reigns, and no one's gonna make the public change the way they want to price their own items, so deal with it.
People are entitled to their rants, and it is one way to deal with it, so I don't complain about them despite my personal opinion on them; although I sometimes debate with the issues when posted in the forums or diaries, with the exception of this one. ^ ^ (since it's purpose is for those who just want to blow off trading steam of whatever sort)

In the guidelines I typed up in the questions & assistance section, in the one that regards TM Trading and Item values I explained the issue about supply and demand in hopes that new players would understand how trading works and why values are what they are, etc.
Hoping it helps someone.

The AX thing made me happy, and I think the idea of limited items are cool. It's a game, and whatever rules of the market are important to you, they don't matter to TM. Like mentioned, TM uses these as marketing strategies. The point is for them to gain more audience to make more money - which they are, so they wont oblige to your wants on market mechanics. I ran into a lot of threads regarding the AX thing back when it was going on. It's as if people play on these sites with the false perspective that TM/Gaia will serve them in terms of items, and rareness, etc, as if the site was about trying to have the greatest item value or something, which it is not; and so when they find out the hard way that it isn't, they complain and whine about it. /oh well.

/End Rant

;0 My first official rant. Felt pretty good getting it out on words.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:58 am
Good points. I'm glad there was somewhere for you guys to let off steam XDD<33

But I have to say about this:

Quote:
I would like to point out that even on Gaia, people can value their item at whatever they want.
Go look at the marketplace.
A majority of the users are selling at roughly similar prices, but every once in a while someone will come along and price it (sometimes accidentally mis-price it) at a significantly lower amount; or sometimes people will price it at a ridiculously high amount.
You don't contact those people and b***h to them about how they price their item, do you?

Actually, people contact me CONSTANTLY telling me that I'm over-pricing my item, even if it's lower than ABP and the lowest on the MP. I no longer want to sell anything because I am so harassed over it. So it's really not just a problem on TM n___n;;

Also, as much as I hate people that b***h about overpay, I hate the ones that b***h about getting underpaid more. I'm sorry, but if you come to me and you offer me some item in exchange for some other item and the trade is severely unbalanced, I'm not going to be like "Damn...I wanted this item for so long and they're only getting 1/4 of what it's worth. I'm going to tell them that they should be asking for all my animateds" ... no =/ I'm sorry if that makes me a b***h with a rod up my a**, but I'm assuming that you did your homework before making an offer. I'm assuming that you are making sure you're getting what you want for your item because you want it, not cause you are compelled to make profit. It's not my job to hold your hand, it's your job to make sure the deal is good before offering it up.

I guess I already have a zen feeling about those issues though...if someone asks too much I don't offer, if they lowball me I say no thank you.

My biggest issue with people are those that believe because you have an item and you list it on your trading page, they are ENTITLED to it, no matter if the offer is good or bad. I try not to make anyone feel like their offer is s**t, so I say no thanks, I don't want to trade the item at the moment. And instead of packing it up and finding one of the other tons of people that have that item, they give me s**t about it =/ Like I can't have my own trading page so I can see all my items and think about what I want or don't want without you telling me to do it your way? =/  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 am
I usually end up turning down users who think they're for sure-sure trading for my item - They usually word their MMs in a way that implies that thought at least, so what I do is I respond to them something like "depending on the offer, sure." I always found those traders odd :0
Something about their wording makes me feel uncomfortable or awkward - probably what you hate, I'm just discomforted by. I've always wondered if they really do imply it or not though. Some of the people who MM for trades me don't often speak English very well or communicate it as efficiently.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:34 pm
hey it's a kitten lol rofl heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:05 pm
Hey it's Elie <333333333333333
Where you been boo?!

Veiss;; I was surprised to find out that there is a huge Indonesian/Filipino population on TM, and also disgruntled to find out that 90% of them do GC trading for items instead of item-to-item trading.  

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:27 pm
@Kitten: What do you mean by item to item trading? And yea, there's surprisingly a lot of people from those countries =]
I wondered why, though I suppose you can't expect them to sign up with @Games when it's all in Japanese - considering that English is more widely spoken.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:43 pm
kitten
Hey it's Elie <333333333333333
Where you been boo?!
*luffles on kitten* 4laugh heart

i've been on different sites lol, just discovered TM actually xD i was forced to sign up by a friend who wanted the referral coins lol. then discovered cute bunny items and got sucked in. xd  

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:25 am
Veiss;; Trade my Treasure Hunter Girl (Gray) for your Siren's Dress (Blue) type of trading. The island nations do a lot of "I'm trading my White Pearl Crown for $30 GC, want to buy?"

Elie;; Ooooh, well I'm glad you're on TM! But you should spend more time with me on Gaia too!! T___T  
TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff