Animal testing:
  i hate it: cruel, inhumane torture of innocent animals
  i agree with it
View Results

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 am
Enough said. What are your views?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 am
I don't like it. It's cruel, if they are not going to test it on humans, then don't test it on animals.  

minihost2

Desirable Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Tycoon 200

takochuu

Shoujo Wife

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am
Its crual,they can easily use humans but noo we "need" them,we have "too many" animals or summin so they decide to do tests on them.They have feelings to!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 am
Here's a link to see if products you use are cruelty-free. i've found it extremly helpful.

http://search.caringconsumer.com/  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

The Angel Monster

4,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm
Y'know, we have a lot of child rapists, murderers, and death row criminals. Why not use them for testing out products?

0Angel Monster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:39 pm
I think that we should use people in the prison system to test all these new things.. you know.. the people on death row that are never going to get out.

Pretty much everything we use in our lives today was at one point tested on an animal.. so just because a product says 'cruelty free' it just means the FINISHED product was not tested on animals.. the other ingredients in the products were probably tested on animals.. not by the company that is making the finished product but by another higher up company.
It's pretty hard to avoid these chemicals.. but after years and years of testing on animals people know what chemicals to avoid and such so animal testing isn't as popular as it used to be.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

zombieninja12

4,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 am
if you dont think its safe enough for humans what makes you think its safe enough for animals?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am
[~+~]

I think it's totally wrong testing none essential products on animals, like make-up.

However, i can see the point with medicines, to an extent. I do agree with the fact we have so many ***** and murderers sititng in prison, being treated to all these luxuries (over here in the UK at least), when they're perfect suitors to have all these things tested on them. :3

User Image

Empty Spiral

u nd i

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 am
I've never felt close to this subject because I don't feel it directly affects me in any way.

The thing I don't understand is why they don't use humans. Plenty of people would volunteer to get tested, I know it would cost to pay them, but our biologies are different to animals, how can we ever be certain that products are safe on humans when they have been tested on ferrets?

Also, our prisons (at least in the UK) are so full that we are letting people out for overcrowding. I think they could be put to better use...

Forgive my ignorance on this subject!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 am
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Honestly, I'm not going to lie, I have no problem with it if it doesn't involve pain.
If it involves pain, then no, you probably shouldn't be doing it. But they breed rats for this because apparently their skin is close to the human skin or something.
I dunno, but I know they often use rats for it, not like, exotic animals.
I know it doesn't make much of a difference to you guys, but I'm just saying that it's not like they were plucked out of the wild so you can put some lipstick on them.
But like I said, these animals were bred for the testing and as long as it doesn't involve pain or anything nasty it doesn't bother me too much.
It's not like I'm happy with it, don't get me wrong, It just doesn't make me go "OMG GIVE ME THAT RAT!!"

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 am
zombieninja12
if you dont think its safe enough for humans what makes you think its safe enough for animals?

They need to make sure it's safe for humans. Would you want them testing a new vaccine on you? They can't know if it's safe or not without testing it at all. If they thought the product was going to explode, they wouldn't be testing it on anything.
The product is for the humans, not the animal. To them, it doesn't matter if it safe for the animal or not, as long as it's safe for the human.
Sorry, but that question struck me as kind of stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 am
Sugared Rainbow
Its crual,they can easily use humans but noo we "need" them,we have "too many" animals or summin so they decide to do tests on them.They have feelings to!

It's not that we have too many animals. They breed rats and mice for these tests. The animals are being bred specifically for the tests. They're not just plucked out of the wild as some sort of population control.  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:00 pm
For it!

I agree with animal testing as long as it's not for things like make up or shampoos.

Did you know that they can now grow ears onto the backs of mice and painlessly remove them? So if your ear gets chopped off by a lawnmower, you can have a replacement ear?

You know that medicine you took for that bout of pneumonia you had? Tested. Every medicine, vaccine, vitamin supplement, or topical cream you have ever used has been tested.

I don't think a lot of you quite get the animal testing process. Basically, it involves the making of the product. The product's composition is run through multiple computers, to catch things such as birth defects, life ending strands, etc. They then test the product virtually on virtual animals and see the results. Then they are tested on live animals, results again viewed. THEN they test on humans, with the FDA's approval. This audience has signed a waiver and understands the possible side-effects. If this checks out as good, the product is released to the general product.

So some of you would rather we didn't find the cure for AIDS, HIV, diabetes, multiple organ failures?

There is little to no cruelty involved in the animal's lives. A friend of mine, also an animal enthusiast, worked many years at a research facility. A co-worker of hers was upset one day and slammed the cage door to the female mouse cage shut. He was promptly fired. Can we say low stress and cushy lifestyle?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:17 am
Depends on what sort of thing we're talking about.

No, I don't believe in testing makeup on animals. Makeup was invented for cosmetic reasons. I don't care if our skins are similar, human skin is also similar to pig's skin and ballistics gel.

Animal testing IS an important medical procedure, however. It's like the X-Files Episode F. Emesculata. They didn't test the drug on animals, and no one caught that the drug caused horrible welts and death.

As long as you're looking to improve lives, alright? I can deal with it.  

Femme Autobot Crescendo

Proxy Werewolf

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 pm
Sugared Rainbow

People have feelings too. Would you rather your brother be killed by a product that wasn't tested then an animal who was born and raised for it die quickly? If the animal is showing severe signs of something, they don't just wait for it to die. No, they euthanise it and change the formula's composition so that this is avoided.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff