Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starr Struk

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:15 pm

If you do something terrible, like kill a man, burn down a childrens home, or kick a puppy
you'll go to hell.
And from there the Devil will burn you for your sins or some sheet.

back up.

Usually when people do terrible things, old christian women are always like
"that's the devils work"
or
"they got the devil in them"
etc etc...

Okay.. soo this is what I don't get.

People go to hell when they are bad.
The devil promotes... bad-ness (shush)
Why in the world would he punish people for doing what he wants them to do?

Now me, I hardly believe in either heaven or hell so it doesn't matter much to me.
But I was just thinking of it one day.. and was like... wtf that makes no sense.

neutral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 pm
Starr Struk

If you do something terrible, like kill a man, burn down a childrens home, or kick a puppy
you'll go to hell.

back up.

"that's the devils work"
or
etc etc...

Now me, I hardly believe in either heaven or hell so it doesn't matter much to me.
But I was just thinking of it one day.. and was like... wtf that makes no sense.

neutral

THAT. I had to ask my VERY CHRISTIAN sister(she's wearing a church shirt) and she was baffled.

I love you for making this thread. In fact, I love contradicting the Christian religion >>; A lot. That makes PERFECT sense. I also agree with something Sappho said: Why would God send his own creations to hell anyways, they're his CHILDREN. D: A loving 'God' wouldn't do that.

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Starr Struk

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Lol xD

I am very tempted to ask some people here where I live.
But I probably shouldn't because I fear of what might happen.. or what they might do "in the name of jesus"

I live right smack dab in the middle of the "Bible Belt" here in the south.
And there are few few people that think like me, so I don't really get to discuss my opinions.. which is also why I guess I never really think about religion stuff.

neutral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:45 pm
Actually, if we go by Danteism...
Satan/The Devil/WHATEVER doesn't run Hell.
He's being punished there, as well.
"God" is actually the one that controls it.
And, honestly, I really prefer a smiting god to the lovey dovey crap everyone preaches. >>;
I mean, if I were him, I'd be pretty torqued about some of the stupid crap humans do. :/
But, hey, I'm not exactly of any faith in particular, so my arguments may be invalid.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:47 pm
Starr Struk

Lol xD

I am very tempted to ask some people here where I live.
But I probably shouldn't because I fear of what might happen.. or what they might do "in the name of jesus"

I live right smack dab in the middle of the "Bible Belt" here in the south.
And there are few few people that think like me, so I don't really get to discuss my opinions.. which is also why I guess I never really think about religion stuff.

neutral

Yes.
I moved from the south, though.
And now I'm in Catholic city in Appalachia Ohio. 8|
So, yeah, I know what that is like.
I come from a VERY Christian family, too, so...
It's hard. :/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:48 pm
Technically, I do think some people deserve to burn forever...so yeah, a smiting sort of God is pretty...decent...to believe in, I guess.

Starr - My family's church(that I do not attend) is Southern Baptist ._. they're ...frightening. v__v; I have to go on Sunday because my grandpa's being ordained as a deacon. And then I will NOT be returning until Christmas because ...well...obviously I do NOT think the same way they do <<;

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

C a r a m e l K i t t e h

Dangerous Sex Symbol

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:03 pm
It really depends on who you ask. Depending on the denomination, you'll get a different answer but as I believe it to be, you have God in your heart, you're free from hell. Some people believe you have to work to get to heaven, others don't. I don't. God gave humans free will, why trip over yourself trying to be perfect when you're doomed to screw up? All you can do is do the best you can.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm
I'm not sure, but in order to go to heaven. I think you have to accept your sins.  

Ritsuka Komeiji

5,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100

X Sai Kaitou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:44 pm
Jedi Master Acey
Technically, I do think some people deserve to burn forever...so yeah, a smiting sort of God is pretty...decent...to believe in, I guess.

Starr - My family's church(that I do not attend) is Southern Baptist ._. they're ...frightening. v__v; I have to go on Sunday because my grandpa's being ordained as a deacon. And then I will NOT be returning until Christmas because ...well...obviously I do NOT think the same way they do <<;

No one deserves to burn forever.
Besides, it would contradict everything that God stands for.
Why create beings that you know will mess up in one way or another, and then send them to hell to be eternally tortured?
The punishment wouldn't even fit their crime either.
Meh. I'm more of a polytheist. I think that all religions have something to offer. But at the same time, they're also open for questioning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 pm
My theory is that they think the devil is some sort of slaveholder. He baits them with temptation, and if they fall for it, they're his to do whatever bidding he wants for some unknown reason. Of course, I'm atheist and don't believe in this crap. lol ♥  

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 pm
Isn't Hell just separation from God?

As to Satan: He's being punished and misery loves company. Why wouldn't he want to lure people away from God to suffer with him? Hypothetically.

I'm a pantheist, by the way.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:03 am
Is 'hell' not just another mythological invention-- a tool that religions have used to control behavior. Psychology ally speaking, the idea represents or embodies a state of inner turmoil and torment. The mind is it's own place-- it can make a hell out of heaven and heaven out of hell(reference to Paradise Lost). The figure of Lucifer embodies defiance, skepticism and a slight hubris... that is what religion seeks to do away with. Leave your intellect at the door. Such ideas are nothing short of terrorism and abuse.  

VeganIncubus

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

VeganIncubus

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 am
Lucifer is a friend of ours. If we take the Bible as true and the Christian myths, we can say that he was the one who freed our minds from enslavement. Lucifer stands for logic, reason and defiance. Why serve in Heaven when you can reign in Hell? I think the whole concept is ludicrous. Psychologically , Al-shaitan and Allah/Yaweh are both scapegoats-- crutches and excuses. Does one want to avoid punishment? Then do as you are told. Why does anyone need damnation or salvation? That only shows how small some people are... it is they who wish ill on others. Besides, if there were a soul, it would not be able to feel any pain. Consciousness is contingent upon the brain. Without a nervous system there can be no suffering. The cake is a lie.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 am
I don't really care about religion, I find some of of the ideas interesting but mostly I'm just, "Meh"
In my opinion, theres nothing but evolution and some hard, cold science. For me, theres no angels with harps, or burning flames, theres just nothing. I'd prefer to spend my life having fun and doing random s**t, rather than ponder whats after it.  

Ominelle

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:31 am
Starr Struk

you'll go to hell.

back up.

"that's the devils work"
or
etc etc...

He does that so people would go to hell so he can punish them for fun. He's evil.  
Religion and Faith Forum [Debate, Discuss, Explain]]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff