View Results

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 pm
Okay so i started being a vegetarian sometime in June. I plan to be one for at least all of 8th grade to see if i like it. I need recipes!

Share recipes of all kinds ((including dessert!))
Share why ((if you are)) you became a vegetarian
Do you miss meat? ((i know i don't ><))
Have fun chatting about random stuff  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:07 pm
I'm..trying to become vegitarian, it's very hard though..I'm just slowly getting used to tofu and those veggie burgers...I'm not full veggie yet. And I'm gonna wait till I'm like 18 before I go vegan...so I'll be all fully grown and not worry about my bones and stuffs.

And I'm pretty sure every dessert out there is vegetarian friendly..unless you eat like..meatloaf for.dessertxD
o 3o

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100

Sora Nightwhisper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 pm
Onyx_Muffin
I'm..trying to become vegitarian, it's very hard though..I'm just slowly getting used to tofu and those veggie burgers...I'm not full veggie yet. And I'm gonna wait till I'm like 18 before I go vegan...so I'll be all fully grown and not worry about my bones and stuffs.

And I'm pretty sure every dessert out there is vegetarian friendly..unless you eat like..meatloaf for.dessertxD
o 3o

lol the last part mde me laugh.
@Grand_Lady_Shadow I dont have any recipies for you, but just wondering do you still eat fish/shellfish?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 pm
Sora Nightwhisper
Onyx_Muffin

o 3o

lol the last part mde me laugh.
@Grand_Lady_Shadow I dont have any recipies for you, but just wondering do you still eat fish/shellfish?
honestly, i have never liked fish

when i was much younger i would eat fishsticks on and off but i dont like them anymore  

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Onyx_Muffin

o 3o
i didnt mean for it to sound like i wanted "vegetarian desserts"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:14 pm
Well, I don't know where you live and you probably don't live in my city, but really, here's what I find....

1- indian restaurants. there are a major subset of indians who don't eat meat for religious reasons. So those people have veggie options, and it ain't badly done tofu.

2- avoid chinese. They don't understand the concept. Vietnamese and some others may work.

3- Salads are generally safe, but you might want to check if the ceasar dressing has anchovy paste, it often does.

4- Lick's veggie burgers are great. I don't know if you have them in your area.

5- If you don't know, ask a friend to come with you and have them try it first.

6- in my experience, veggie sausage is generally pretty good.

7- Tofurkey is gross. Stay away.  

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:56 am
I have one piece of advice: the only thing good about Boca are their chicken patties.

Any thing Boca makes that is beef-ish smells and tastes horrible.

Won't lie to you, I've been a veggie for five years now and I pretty much live on potatoes. They are everywhere. They are fast. They are easy. They are magic.

And you should try finding a tofu cookbook if you think you are going to get serious about being a vegetarian.

<3 -primaczarina-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:08 am
I became a vegetarian in January, and it's pretty much become a habit so I don't miss meat at all unless there's like nothing for me to eat but a salad =p
Vegetable Risotto
vegetable broth
rice
butter
and any vegetables you want
1. add butter to pan till it's melted, then add rice and let cook for about 5 minutes then gradually add vegetable broth about 1/2 cup at a time. Cover after you add the broth.
2. saute vegetables
3.rice should be done in about 20 minutes. I like to add cheese to it =)
It's not vegan, but it's really good. they have a recipe for vegan chocolate mousse that looks really good, you just stick tofu and melted chocolate in a food processor and bang.
I miss fish =( I was a pescetarian for a while. but I felt like too much of a fake.  

Short Melancholic

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:03 am
I've been a vegetarian my whole life, not for animal ethic reasons (at least until I actually found out about animal ethics) but just because I found meat nasty, more specifically meat that wasn't lean nasty. Anyways, I've lived off of carbs really. And beans (though they are a carb too), lul. It still amazes me how many things are vegetarian.

There is an awesome vegetarian chili that you can buy canned, it takes some getting used to because its a bit blander than regular chili and has more of an indian dish flavor to it, but its great. I'm also weird, and mix in spray cheese. XD

I HATE indian dishes though, but its mostly what you find for vegetarian recipes. I prefer to make like a cheese pizza or this awesome pasta dish I have that has spinach, parmesan, italian diced tomates, and a lite cesar dressing.

I have to agree that boca's beef is extremely ew, I only liked the chik'n too. However, since I'm a teenager, the hormones in the soy make me go bonkers like a menopausal woman, I kid you not. Buttt, if you put the chik'n patties in the oven and cook them until they are crispy (which they will have a brown ring on the edge), then get a tomato slice from a vined tomato and get all the goopy guts out, then put on lettuce and other preferred condiments, its epic.

I love to eat breads, pastas, pumpkin seeds (they are SUPER salty though, just a warning), vegetable lasagna, vegetable egg rolls, (to drink) almond milk (I have problems digesting regular milk), vegetarian chili (practically live off of it), ovaltine (this and almond milk is epic for nutrients), frozen vegetables and a lemon seasoning (the frozen vegetables are carrots, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumbers, they're 10 bucks a bag, and the seasoning is for chicken and seafood grilling, DO NOT get the ones that say they are for vegetables, they have lemon peel so its super bitter), and that's all I can think of right now. I also take a multivitamin from time to time just to be safe.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
_Gentle Like The Fawn, Fierce Like The Bear, Protective Like The Wolf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 am
I've been a vegetarian for years now and while it was hard at first, it's very easy now to avoid meat without having issues of wanting it.

I've recently found vegetarian BBQ ribs from a brand, Morning Star, and they are absolutely delicious. I suggest trying them, but put them in the microwave instead of the oven. I also love to eat vegetarian spring rolls from Thai restaurants and, also, you can substitute any pasta dish without the meat. Vegetarian baked spaghetti, yum.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 pm
im a partial vegetarian. i eat fish and meat when im on my period-otherwise i get anemic. I eat things like eggs and cheese (love cheese!) It's ironic b/c i come from a family of carnivores.

I like soy milk. Silk milk makes a good variety. You can find veggie hotdogs that taste good. There's also tofu that you can use for recipes, especially replacements. Like silken tofu is good for desserts.

for recipes you can go to shine, a food recipe site. You can probably order vegetarian cookbooks.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:39 pm
being a vegetarian is so easy =/

i love Morningstar's chik'n patties
especially stir fried with mushrooms and various other veggies over rice. yumm

i dont like veggie lasagna but 5-cheese is good =)  

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

Kaylilly

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:56 pm
I'm not really vegetarian (I eat fish), but I don't think it's difficult or anything at all. I love making baked stuffed peppers.

Cook some rice, mix in chopped tomatos, okra, and a tiny bit of cheese (or other stuff if you like) plop in into a hollowed out orange / yellow pepper and bake. Om Nom Nom.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:20 pm
I've been a vegetarian for... 4 years now.
Honestly, I find it incredibly difficult. Because I ate meat for so long I'm still not very used to not eating it. And when I did eat meat, I loved it.
So... smelling meat or being near some things is really hard, but it's the only way I can eat. When I learned about animal treatment before slaughter I told myself I wouldn't eat meat again.

As some people have mentioned, Indian restraunts are good. I find that Mexican restraunts are nice as well, because they always have options with just cheese. Most American places (if they don't have salad) have side dished you can combine to make a main meal (baked potatoes, beans, etc.). I've never been to a restraunt where they wouldn't take the meat out of a dish.

Main advice: check with the waiter/person at the counter before you order. Make it clear that you are vegetarian and that you don't want meat in your order. Some places have bacon and other things in places where they just don't belong, without mentions on the menu.

Life Hath Immortality

Giavanna Lee

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 pm
I've been a vegetarian since February and I love it. Although in all honesty I sometimes crave meat because I ate it for so many years. One simple recipe that I really like is vegetarian tacos. All you do is substitute refried beans for the taco meat and then add what you would normally have. I also love vegetarian French onion soup and the veggie pasta dishes that I make. Play around with pasta and you will find some excellent creations smile  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff