Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:36 am
So I've been chatting to most of my friends about sex and it's a big topic at school right now. I guess we are finally getting to the age where it's pretty much all around us. So I was wondering what each one of you girls feel about the topic? Also, when do you feel is the right age to start and why? Have you had your first time? How old were you? Do you regret it? Just basically discuss it openly. [:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:23 am
I'd say 16 is a good age.. obviously it's not good for everyone though. >__>;
Usually by that age you already have had a job or two, you know what happens when you have sex and that protection is a must.. you are usually mature enough to do it safely.
I lost my virginity when I was 14 at a party, wasn't the best way to lose it.. but I didn't get pregnant or get an STI so it could've been worse. >3
I don't have any regrets, I find sex enjoyable and I don't feel like you need to be in love to have sex with someone. ;p

So in a nutshell.. if you are mature enough to go to a doctor and get birth control, AND go for yearly pap tests then for sure have sex. But if you are scared of a doctor looking at your v****a or talking about sex with a doctor then you shouldn't be having it.
Same thing goes with having a plan for if you do get pregnant, knowing the numbers in your city to call if you need a pregnancy test, if abortions are offered where you live, if there's a good adoption agency.. those kinds of things are good to know BEFORE a situation happens.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:26 am
I like your opinion. [: I guess you're right. I would agree with it being a maturity/understanding sort of thing. Although, I feel that when I have my first time, I want it to be love, but still enjoyable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:27 am
I was 14 and drunk, yeah I regret it but it's nothing for me to trip about
I don't really think age matters it's more a maturity level.  

ThePsychoBitch

6,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 am
My opinion on this flew out the window when I stopped thinking sex was just a disgusting bodily function.
Pretty much around the time I turned sixteen, this November just past.
I'm still not sure about my opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 am
[~+~]

I believe age wise it should be 16 at least in regard to how you are physically. Most girls aren't anywhere near developed enough to cope well with a baby at a younger age. I know it's supposed to be around 18 when you're fully developed, but at least at 16 you're closer.

I also believe that it's more important that you're mentally ready - mainly with the whole understanding and maturity thing as others have said. I can kinda see pros and cons of being in love with the person for your first time.
It would be a good thing because it's sweet and romantic - that's what people see sex as being about, love, right?
But if it's your first time - it's never going to be great. You don't know what you're doing and may embarrass yourself. If you don't really know them or see them, at least you save yourself from seeing them again.
But it's nice to share the experience (especially if you're both virgins) with the one you love.

I just think it is so so important that when you do it you're at the age where you know what can happen, and the right precautions to take.

My own experience? I had literally just turned 16, my boyfriend and i had been going out for about 4 months i think? And we'd been fighting our hormones for a while, but really did (and still do in fact) love each other. I know it's not long, and i'll be the first to admit that i think those who claim to "love" one another after only a week are stupid, but you can't fight your feelings.
Anyway. It wasn't perfect.
It was awkward, as neither of us really knew what we were doing.
But after it was nice. We felt we really "connected" if you get my drift. x3
I don't regret it at all.

I do think it's all around you as soon as you get into high school these days. But mainly when you're around 15, 16, it feels like everyone is doing it, you're friends are always talking about it, and the media about it is everywhere.

User Image

Empty Spiral

Beckyonce

Interesting Citizen

5,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm
I was 14 and of coarse, at a party. Ended up drunk that night and had sex with one of my bestfriends.
Awkward moments still ponder around the both of us but we get over it after awhile.
He never gets drunk now. xP
But, you don't need to be in love to have sex.
JUST DON'T GET PREGNANT.
For most girls I think it would be 14-16 for an appropriate age for sex.
Be safe and use latex. [;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:21 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.
I don't think there should be a specific age; maybe not when you're really young and don't even think about boys yet.
If it's on your own terms, and you take all the necessary precautions, if you're ready, well, you're ready.
Personally, I find things like "wait 'till you're married," and the "your relationship will go downhill with sex," stuff to be a little old-fashioned. I don't think a relationship should end if sex isn't involved, but they don't usually end if it is, either.
I'm fifteen, and a virgin, and I don't plan on losing my virginity any time soon (I have yet to have a first kiss), but really, it will all depend on what I think is best for me.
♩♪♫♬
♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Satil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Depends entirely on the individual in question. When you are prepared emotionally and to take care of any potential consequences that may occur from sex- emotional and physical. Just use protection and be safe.

I first had sex 10 years ago at the age of 16. It was with a friend and I have not seen him in about 9 years. We never dated. We had sex a few more times and when we outgrew each other there was no hard feelings. I had fun, he had fun, and that was that. No, I have no regrets.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:54 pm
*moved to debate forum

I had sex when I was 18.
It was with my current fiance.  

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

Warped Perceptions

Shirtless Fatcat

8,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 pm
I've never done it myself, mainly because I'm waiting for that special someone, but in my opinion it is all about maturity and the way you handle it. If can handle it properly without doing any thing that will jeopardize your future (protection is a must) then i say all for it. Now don't get me wrong, im not saying that age doesn't matter at all, there is some level of physical maturity necessary, so id say around 14- 16 is a good area to start if you can be mature about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:34 pm
After mairage definatley. From what all the people I've talked to have said, you never forget your first partner, and it always feels like you're connected to them through that. I don't want someone to have so much of me if they're not going to be my husband forever. Also, it says in the bible that sex is more than just skin on skin; It's a spiritual bonding, and to be shared between man and wife only. And that's therefore my view on it! Save it till mairage. You don't need to have those mental and physical complications. Also (and this is just me) I like the idea of being as 'pure' as I can possibly be. And when I say this, I know all my faults and character flaws. But that's what I try and show to people. I know it's as bad as the guy who wants to seem like a jock or the girl who would like to be known as a slut, but I would like to appear and ACT like I'm trying my best to be good here. smile  

viper_353

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 pm
I will not agree to a person having sex at 14 or even 15. Maybe 16 but that is still pushing it. When you have sex you need to be at least somewhat ready for the negative outcomes that can occur. Plus at that age, where would you really be having sex? At your parents' house or your partner's parents' house I am sure most parents would not like that at all. So at an age like that there will most likely be limited to condoms as the only protection used if any at all. There is still a high chance of pregnancy and that is not a good idea for a teen trying to finish high school. And pregnancy is not the only negative things that could occur.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 pm
viper_353
After mairage definatley. From what all the people I've talked to have said, you never forget your first partner, and it always feels like you're connected to them through that. I don't want someone to have so much of me if they're not going to be my husband forever. Also, it says in the bible that sex is more than just skin on skin; It's a spiritual bonding, and to be shared between man and wife only. And that's therefore my view on it! Save it till mairage. You don't need to have those mental and physical complications. Also (and this is just me) I like the idea of being as 'pure' as I can possibly be. And when I say this, I know all my faults and character flaws. But that's what I try and show to people. I know it's as bad as the guy who wants to seem like a jock or the girl who would like to be known as a slut, but I would like to appear and ACT like I'm trying my best to be good here. smile

I'm not trying to bash your view on abstinence, but I did want to say that my husband was not my first sexual partner and I never think about my first sexual partner. The only time he crosses my mind at all is when someone mentions virginity. Even then it's a pretty vague memory, but it did happen over 10 years ago.

It you want to wait that's fine and do what's right for you, but I felt no special bond with my first partner at all. The only special bond I feel with anyone is my husband.  

Satil

thespeckledfreckle

Fashionable Streaker

7,100 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm
Hm..Well I haven't had it yet[I'm 14] And I honestly think anytime's okay..as long as you're aware of the consequences...[Preggo, STD's...] But that doesn't mean I agree with 10 and unders doing itxD
I guess..High school and up is probably best...It just matters on your maturity... razz

o 3o

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces