Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Undead] Maritess' Room Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 am
User Image

xWE ARE HALLOWEEN
A displeased groan emitted from one of the staff crowding around the dimly lit table (only because some gnome had stolen the larger lamp for god knows what reason).

"I... I might have donated her lower body to science."

All pairs of eyes stared at that figure.

"Hey, it was good money okay. And I say maybe." The last part was muttered.

Needless to say, due to a mysterious reason, Maritess was accepted in Amityville Academy's doors.

Navigation
The Room
About Maritess
Friends and Enemies
Growth Points
Belongings

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 am
User Image

There is a rather large amount of ribbons decorating Tess' room. Ribbons on the doorknob, ribbons around the windows, ribbons on the walls, ribbons on ribbons, it skirts the borders of absurd and disturbing actually. But at least the ribbons are of the same color (the same shade as her tongue. Hmmm...) so there is some level of coordination amongst them.

There is a small vanity table with hair brushes and oh look hair ribbons, surprise, surprise! Beside the table is a dresser, half-filled with a variety of blouses and shirts and dresses, most of them neatly folded and without a stitch out of place. Some of them appears as if someone took scissors and went to town on the cuffs and hems. These look slightly more worn than the prim and pristine clothes.

A study table is against the wall, where text books, school supplies (that move on their own and rearrange themselves without Tess' consent, how rude!) are kept. The backrest of the chair is unusually high, much higher than the table, and there are two slits running down half the backrest's length. As is something was meant to hang from them.

There is a bed, but it seems to have been pushed to one corner and looks completely unused save as an additional surface to pile things on.

The most out-of-place piece of furniture is the chin-up bar that nearly reaches the ceiling and the towel pooled beneath it. Should one ever peek into Tess' room when curfew is in effect and students are expected to be asleep, they are likely to find her suspended upside down with the clawed tips of her wings hooked onto the bar. The towel, apparently, is so that Tess' hair doesn't have to touch the floor while she sleeps. She already spends so much time combing it as it is.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:45 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageName: Maritess
Nicknames: Tess
Posts In: Crimson

Faction/Race Undead (Vampire subclass: Manananggal)

Personality: Ever since Maritess was reunited with her lower half, she's been struggling to come to terms with the traumatic experiences that are the Fields Trips, Hunters, and the recent Horsemen. She's become somewhat withdrawn and detached from mostly everyone, save for a few friends. She's not asocial or antisocial but her stay in Amityville had jaded her and turned her already cynical nature and turned that into overdrive. The only times when she doesn't let the hopelessness overwhelm her is when she's with her boilfriend, Sheridan.

When severed, Tess and Legs normally act independently of each other. But since becoming a third year, and thanks to Nurse Cricket, the two have started to work together more as one person as opposed to two separate entities. Unfortunately, neither half still gives a s**t about other students or Horsemen or Hunters unless, again, a friend of theirs.

She'll play nice and play along with strangers, provided the situation is more on an intimate level with a few individuals present and has some difficulty with large groups. All Tess really wants to do right now is to graduate from school and go back home to become the Housewife her parents have decided her to be. become a famous skelenovella star! And help The Black Kingdom's Queen reestablish the Black Kingdom.

Why did they enroll at the academy? Tess is looking for her Other Half, specifically her lower body that went missing. The last place she remembers seeing it was near the school. It is very possible that someone has found it and is hiding it or it's just lost. Tess has a terrible sense of direction. Her parents also enrolled her there to help keep her from "going to pieces."

Natural Ability: All manananggals have the ability of flight (their wings are not for show). And the louder the sound of their flapping wings means the farther away they are.

Fear: Tess directs her fear into the beating of her wings and the frequency they emit temporarily confuses or disorients the opponent so she can follow up with a fear-less attack (like the threat of hitting them with big stick). The duration and intensity of said confusion is dependent on both Tess's skill/level and her opponent's Will Power or whichever stat counters confusion. Since she's just learning to use this power she may end up confusing herself or the sound-attack only comes out as the faint buzz of insect wings. Annoying? To a degree. Disorienting? Not so much. This will be an RP-battle only ability.

As a natural ability, she can fly because of her large bat wings. This is the only way she can get around while she's without her legs (aside from crawling but that looks so undignified). She also has a proboscis tongue, which she uses to eat, well technically drink, her food.

When she asks if you've seen her legs, she means it literally.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:46 am
User Image

Amrita - She's a little slow but I think that's because of her body. I think. She's a sweetheart and doesn't mind me being all clingy.

Belladonna - She's so friendly! And nice! And okay, maybe I'm just thinking this because she said my wings match my eyes and because she tried to teach me to dance. What's she like in a non-party setting, I wonder...

Calder - Keep a close eye on him. Just because he feels sorry for trying to drown Lizzy doesn't mean he won't try to drown someone else...
He's nice. I wouldn't mind learning more about him. Wish I could have been more help to him in detention.

Christof - I-I would like to stay far away from him please... At least he's not trying to do anymore bad touches now that he's not on purple cruel-aid.

G - He saved Calder. That makes him someone I should like!

Israfel - Thoughts in progress...

Kasumi - heart

Lizzy - She's my best friend ;_; She's wonderful and sweet and patient and and and ;_____________;

Mac - He's confusing. Not in the I can't understand what he's saying way. But more like, um, one minute (sometimes longer) he's laughing at me then the next he's actually pretty okay. And he knows how to get things done. That's good. Just wish I knew why he talks about Lizzy like that...

Rain - Only saw her briefly during the Moonlight Masquerade. Didn't get much chance to talk to her in detention either.

Shehk - She's definitely the leader-type.

Temes - Chuppi is an absolute sweetheart

Valentino - Hate. HATE. HAAAAAAAAATE!!!  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:49 am
User Image

Quote:
GROWTH POINTS:

After a certain amount of collected growth points, you can submit your student in for advancement to the next year (in theory, though its technically always October...) This gives them access more battle options, some higher level classes, and other special privileges.

1 point can be:

- One piece of fanart drawn/commissioned* by you for anything related to shop (max 5 points this way)
- One complete regular rp
- One gm-modded event with point prizes (to be linked), where you included your character
- One complete classroom rp
- One complete homework assignment
- One complete battle, with just rolls
- Five minipets grown to their final stage (1 point per 5, up to 5 points can be earned this way)

2 points:

- One complete 'battle' roleplay with filled out roleplay actions
- Character 'plot assistance' (ie for events)
- Student is awarded a Pumpkin Seed by staff for outstanding work/achievements/something!

* - I asked Zoo if commissioning art of a student who isn't mine can be considered and she said this was alright.

Quote:
GROWTH REQUIREMENTS:

Year 1 to Year 2:

50 points + an exam (pass or fail) = growth towards next stage

Year 2 to Year 3:

75 points + one FINAL EXAM (pass only) AND TEACHER BATTLE (pass or fail)

Year 3 to Alumni:

75 points + one FINAL EXAM (pass only) AND TEACHER BATTLE (pass only)

Year 2
Growth Points
Awarded from Staff
Haunted House Meta
[3] - Posted in Halloween intro ORP
[1][1][1] - Made at least three posts in their group room
[2] - Fought a Boo
[3] - Participated in any of the Finale Threads
[2] - Fought against one of the Finale Bosses (Gauntlet)

Xmas Meta
[2] - Battle with Ginger Hizzy
[4] - Battle with Drosselmeyer
[2] - 800 words with Drosselmeyer

Transitionary
[2] - Participated in the thread

Scarentines
[2] - Tables 1 and 2

SEEDs participation
[3] - "Everyone who participated in this receives +3 bonus RP points for making this such an excellent and thought-provoking RP!"

Horseman Meta
Week 1:
[2] - Posting in class
[2] - over 800 words in class
[1] - training prompt
[1] - ORP prompt

Week 2:
[2] - Posting in class

Week 3:
[1] - Boss room
[2] - Boss overall

Defenders Plot
[1] - points for participating in the class
[1] - AND festival DAY 1
[2] - another 2 if your rps combined went over 800 words
[2] - points for discovering the cave
[4] - completing the solo and reaching 800 words

Mini-pets
[5] - 25 mini-pets at level 3

TiH Art commissioned
[1][1][1][1][1]

RPs that have 800 words or more (completed or ongoing)
[1] - Backdated ; Lizzy gives Tess her pin ;A;
[2] - Surprise Challenger! ; West vs Tess/Legs
[1] Whole Lotta Ghoul - Legs flirts with TG
[2] - Y-You're not West! ; Tess vs Sheridan
[1] - A night time flight ; Tess finds herself a regular flying partner
[2] - TnT2 ; Tess vs Tori
[2] - Legs Get Physical ; Legs wants a rematch with Sheridan
[2] - Patch You Right Up ; 800 word open class
[2] - So glad I'm already dead ; 800 word open class
[2] - Cicles in the sand ; Maritess vs Savior

76/75

Year 1
Growth Points
Awarded from staff
[1] - Posted in the Singles Board
[1] - Posted in the Office
[2] - Posted at least once in the Battle RP
[3] - Battle of the Bands performance
[2] - Actor in the School Play (Mayor)
[5] - Posted at least 8 times on the Risk Factor Boat

Mini-pets
[5] - 25 mini-pets at level 3

TiH Art commissioned
[1] [1] [1] [1] [1]

RPs that have 800 words or more (completed and ongoing)
[1] - Oops! ; Tess meets Calder
[1] - ORP The Moonlight Masque ; Tess attends her first school party
[1] - Get me down, please? ; Tess meets Kasumi
[1] - Keeping in shape ; Tess meets Chuppi
[1] - ♥ Dash Dating!! ♥ ; Tess tries to meet more students!
[1] - Pumpkinling ; Tess and Alcyone's Sex-Ed project
[1] - Scare Packages ; Tess and Lizzy bring Mytrax crystals to Tess' room
[1] - Tentacles and Tempers ; Tess meets West
[1] - "How do you work the tentacles?" ; Tess helps Sarias with her minipet problem
[2] - Detention RP: The Haunted Laundry Room ; Tess reached word-minimum and battled with roleplay actions
[1][ongoing] - An Octave Shy of Embarrassment ; Tess meets Nyyrikki
[1] - ORP The Scarentines "Charity" Auction ; Tess bid on Icky but Lizzy won her Seph
[1] - A secret from the Mothers ; Lizzy gets Tess interested in video games
[1] - Scare Packages 2 - Tess gets a hand.
[1] - ORP Goin' on a Mushroom Hunt! ; Tess and some other students help Jove look for glowing mushrooms.
[1] - Setting an Appointment ; Tess procures consoles from Mac while embarrassing herself in the process.
[1] - Class RP: Botany Basics ; Tess has her first botany class and wishes it wasn't as eventful as it was.
[1][ongoing] - Hands Off ; Tess and West attempt to show Esmerelda who's boss.
[1] - So....Will you...? ; Mac asks Tess to Prom. She says yes with some conditions.
[1][ongoing] - Long Overdue ; Tess and Sammy puts the guitar-to-the-jaw behind them.
[1][ongoing] - Lend me a Listening Ear ; Lizzy confides in Tess about things as they get ready for prom.
[1] - Striking Out for the Last Time ; Tess gets asked to the prom again! By Petro? O.o
[1] - ORP Prom ; Tess goes to the prom. Has an... interesting time.
[1][ongoing] - You Can't Run or Hide ; Tess finally plucks up the courage to ask Red for help in finding her legs.
[1][ongoing] - ORP THE HAUNTED HOUSE ; Tess decides to brave the Haunted House and rides it out with help from Levi.

Current total: 50/50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:26 am
User Image

User ImageSo far, Tess has not lost her emblem to anyone.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 am
Oops!

In which Tess meets her first kelpie  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 am
The Moonlight Masque

In which Tess goes to her first party without her parents hovering  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:17 am
The School Office

In which Tess receives detention for putting an ad in the Singles Board  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:58 am
Detention RP: The Other Bathroom

In which Tess deals with the horrors of the Other Bathroom and comes out, well she does not really come out until later. At least she now has a few fellow survivors. Maybe she should get them something to commemorate the hell ordeal?  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:50 am
GET ME DOWN, PLEASE?

In which we see the aftermath of Tess and her brief, but fated, stint in detention.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:44 am
KEEPING IN SHAPE

In which Tess meets Temes after nearly beaning the poor chubacabra with a bat-book.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:17 am
CLASS RP: EMERGENCY AID WITH NURSE CRICKET

In which Tess answers a form and makes a new friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 am
CLASS RP: DR. ALABASTER'S LITERATURE CLASS

In which Tess reveals why she likes ribbons.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:20 am
FEARLEADER TRYOUTS

In which Tess learns if she has what it takes.  
{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff