Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

... so?
  I'm still in the newbie stage!
  I'm more in my 'late teens'.
  I've hit my 'late adult' stage!
  I'm totally having a 'mid-life crisis' :C
  I'm getting to be an oldbie, and not just because of my join date!
  I'm a freaking zen-master.
View Results

Tejava

Blessed Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:04 pm
xSo, as you can tell from the poll above, what stage of the Gaian life cycle are you in? The way I see it, regular users go through 'life stages' that tend to mimic real life. Please note that these are solely based on my observations, and you are free to add your own if you wish! I might just add them on.

- - -

xFirst up is what I like to call the newbie stage. You've just joined the site, and everything is all rainbows and butterflies. You tend to txt tlk, and do a bit of trollin' around the forums every now and then. You utterly heart the Towns/Rally's. You like the site, and can see yourself hanging around for a little bit.

xAfter you've gotten a good feel for the site, you exit the newbie stage and enter your late teens. You've dropped your l337 speak, and your txt tlk, and have generally matured; no longer trolling/posting random topics with no point. Your grammar and spelling have improved. You contribute to forums, and you may have one or two that you're settling into, and are becoming a regular in. You may still like Towns/Rally's, but you don't badger users for gold anymore!

xYour later teenage phase can last for a while, but once you clear that hurdle, you're onto your late adult stage. This is when you've become and are acknowledged as a regular in either a certain forum, guild, and you are respected for your input. You may have started a Guild by this time, and it is thriving with users that you love to hang out with. You tend to have finally managed to buy the many items that you want, and are beginning to enjoy the simpler things on the site, such as the weekly EI Report, Events, Shop Updates, and Manga Updates. You find yourself content where you are, and are generally peaceful. You may find yourself posting less in your regular forums, and lurking more. You prefer to read others opinions, and make a few comments now and then. Also: Your focus may be beginning to shift towards your guilds.

xThe next stage seems to hit some users while skipping others. It's the dreaded mid-life crisis! Users that go through this phase seem to relapse for a bit into the late teen/newbie stage all over again! You may become discontent with your regular forums, and may leave to seek your fortunes elsewhere. It may take a few rejections before finding a new home-forum, or figuring out that your old forum really wasn't all that bad. Other symptoms include selling out everything in your inventory, and buying completely knew items be they expensive or cheap. Avatar-block* is common, and upon occasion, you may say something stupid in the forums that makes you face-palm later.

xWhether you hit or skip your mid-life crisis, you eventually end up as an oldbie. Being an oldbie doesn't necessarily refer to your real life age or your join date. Oldbies tend to withdraw from their home-forums, gradually posting less and less, and are beginning to become more active within their guilds. They feel at home with the sub-community where they may be respected for their wisdom and knowledge of the site, and like the feeling of knowing everyone, and everyone knowing them. Put simply, oldbies withdraw from the greater community into the more close-knit families of their Guilds.

xThen, finally, there comes a time when you become magically omnipresent, or decide to leave the site. You have reached the zen-master stage You've become completely aloof and untouchable. Your guild loves you, and you love them. You've had a good run on this site, and begin to log in less and less frequently, happy with your legacy. Some choose to log off for good, distributing your items among your friends in your guild. Sometimes this requires relinquishing a Guild Captaincy to your Vice-President. Final days can be sad, but overall, you are content.

**Definitions:

Avatar-block; Similar to writers block in the case of not being able to make a good avatar. You are generally unhappy, and cannot seem to get anything to match/work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm
I'm pretty sure I fall under your zen-master stage. I've been a member since 2003, and I was super active back then. I was in multiple guilds, ran/owned a charity, did art auctions, and was always working the marketplace.

The day I "left" was sad. v_v Had to say goodbye to all my guild mates, and to everyone in the charities I ran/regularly dropped by.

And now, I've been back for 5 days. If Eylios didn't send me the invite to the guild, I probably wouldn't even be logged on right now. I'm really happy to have joined the guild, because helping people with their stories and characters inspires me to work on my own stuff.

So... Eylios <3  

Lyvidian

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:36 pm
Lyvidian: <3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:20 pm
... RRINE! -joins love fest- I've hit my late adult stage, methinks. I'm lurking more in the GCD than when my account was younger ;]  

Tejava

Blessed Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:40 pm
. . . ohm . . .

I am one with the Gaia.

I still enjoy my forum-going experiences in the Writer's forum (only having momentary, isolated lapses into the teenage stage when enough real-life alcohol has seeped into my brain) but I am best loved in my guilds, though my personal guild is not getting as much love as I would care to see - but that is neither here nor there.

C'est la vie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:46 pm
I am definitely in the late-adult stage. No mid-life crisis for me, though.  

Andirigible

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 pm
I guess I'm in the late teens stage, but I honestly have no clue.
Gaia's pretty much my only method of communicating with people who are far away, so... It's like my home away from home, despite sitting in my room right now. Heh...
I still can't see myself leaving any time soon. I like this site and I like most of the people on it. I have more good friends on Gaia than I do in real life...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 pm
So CBers and Rally people are perpetually at the newbie stage? rofl I really don't know where I am. I've already changed home forums once (RIP z!F), but I established myself in a few Guilds before I even really got into forums. My close friends and I liek to typ funneh for teh lulz even though we're Gaian millionaires and respected in our respective circles. I never typed like that until I met my good friends! And usually I can cure avatar block by trying something completely out of character for me, and maybe buy a couple of cash shop items. Even if the look doesn't work out, at least I was able to expand my inventory. XP My friends taught me how to vend, so if I get serious about it I am confident I can get to the point where I can get whatever I want. I frequent the GCD, so I get more than my fill of BAWWW, so I've gone into the mindset of, "Really? You're really that upset? Take a chill pill, foo'." Which I guess could be a treat of the zen-master. Seriously, it's gotten to the point where I can't go into SF if I want to stay in happy-happy-Gaia-time mode. I'm dedicated to the site, but I don't take it seriously.

*looks at malformed limbs and body Gaian history* WHAT AM I?! gonk  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm
well i was never much into forums or guilds to begin with. although i loved the games and i've been here for a while and went through basically those stages without a lot of forum spammage. actually cleaned out my whole inventory and got new items and had avatar blockage. i love my avi now although she does like to have a change every now and then. i believe i'm in the zen stage and am one with gaia although i will never give away any of my stuff (except for charitable donations sometimes) and leave for good. gaia is my home and i will be here forever.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 am
I like to think I act more like someone in the late-adult stage, but I'm pretty sure I'm just in my late-teens, just like I am real life.
My Gaia age is about a month, I believe, but my first account got hacked, so overall I've been a Gaian nearly a year. But thinking back, I don't even think I acted like a newbie. It annoyed me, seeing the other newbies, and the way they talked and begged for gold. Not that I think I'm better than anyone, definitely not.
I just acted different to them. sweatdrop

Bollicina

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 am
I... I think I've been an oldbie for a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:08 am
I'm somewhere between a late adult and an oldbie, without ever having gone through the midlife crisis...

Seems about right.  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 pm
I recently came out of the zen-master stage... I was not on gaia for about two or three years... but now I think I'm back at the late adult stage  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:56 pm
Oldbie I guess.  

Lydia Blue

Kenutsu Yasashiku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 pm
Gosh, I have been all of those more than once, even the Zen-master. I think I tend to keep around the Oldbie stage the most though. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff