View Results

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 am
i have just went on a quest across my apartment to find 1 book that had this idea in it that i maybe wanted to use for NaNoWriMo. in my search i came across 2 five star notebooks, 1 almost used up and 1 with only a few pages used, 1 hilroy notebook that's brand new never been used, 1 upper class notebook that's almost used up, 1 half size black notebook that's half way used, and 2 sketchbooks that have a few story concepts written in the back. plus i have 3 novels in progress saved on my computer and some drafts of them printed off just in case. and while looking through all of these books i found a lot of stories i maybe wanted to write or works in progress that just didn't dazzle me enough to continue. and all of these books were scattered throughout my apartment.

i guess i'm not the most organized person. now what i want to know is where do the rest of you keep all of your writing? are you more organized than i am? or are you just as scatterbrained as i am?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 am
I buy the little miniature Mead or Penpal notebooks from Walgreens, or some little pocket-sized buggers from Dollar Tree. I have a lot of notes in some of those, but as far as my actual writing goes, it's all on the computer, along with even MORE notes. And that's not counting the different characters I draw in my sketchbooks.... I go through about 3 sketchbooks each year.  

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 am
Um . . . yeah. Trying to count all my notebooks and word documents would take me more than a few weeks.

Short answer: Organized when I wanna be, but I tend to discard a lot of my ideas before they're even written.

Maybe one day I'll get brave and open the lockbox in my brain containing all those bad ideas . . . maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:08 am
I tend to be fairly organized. I mean, sure, I have some papers and notebooks scattered amongst my stuff, but I try to keep everything on my laptop and labeled semi-clearly.  

CallMeKada

Gray_Card327

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:18 am
Well, I have two of those bins that slide underneath your bed full of composition notebooks and spirals and folders with loose leaf papers in them.
In general that would be organized because they are in the same place, but I don't know what goes to where. The rest of my writing on the computer isn't organized, either.
I have loads of documents that are supposed to be in the same story, and I can never remember what goes where.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 am
Isacean
Um . . . yeah. Trying to count all my notebooks and word documents would take me more than a few weeks.

Short answer: Organized when I wanna be, but I tend to discard a lot of my ideas before they're even written.

Maybe one day I'll get brave and open the lockbox in my brain containing all those bad ideas . . . maybe.

This is me.

Bollicina

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 pm
When I'm not at home I always have a pen and notebook to write down ideas, or doodle character design. When I get home the notes I like go on my computer in a folder titled "[♥]". As for the notebooks when they get full, I have a shelf by my desk where they all sit incase I need to reference them. So, I'm the organize type, obviously. =P  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:13 pm
Ah lets see... my laptop, three notebooks (one for stories, one for poems, and one for an art/writing journal), two binders, and various things I can write on because I ran out of paper... though each of my big stories have their own separate spiral notebooks or marble notebooks so... I have no idea O.o  

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Woonren

5,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:15 pm
Keep?! You mean after you write something you're actually supposed to keep track of where you put it?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 pm
I have a system that nobody else understands, but I always know right where everything is... unless I tossed it and forgot that I threw it away...  

Andirigible

Lydia Blue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:53 pm
I don't believe in organization.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 pm
I guess you could say I'm half organized. I have a large drawer under my bed filled with regular notebooks for ideas, little pads for notes on the go, two volumes of poetry anthologies (in binders), a sketch book that's 25% full, and another one that's full, but I keep it for refrence. Then there's the other drawer filled with ziplock bags that are labeled according to the contents, such as pens, pencils, sharpeners, post it notes, markers, colored pencils, markers, crayons, adhesives, erasers, and some other stuff. After that I have a small basket full of empty binders, a few more small notebooks, and some notebooks that haven't been used yet.

So I guess I'm kind of a hoarder (^.^), but at least I have all of my stuff in the same place. Oh, and I have a folder on my computer with all my stories in it. And I keep the URL's of the stories I post on Gaia...

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

exdraghunt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:22 pm
IN many, many single-subject notebooks scattered in various locations.

I started a large cardboard box in my closet to toss old notebooks and sketchbooks in, so all my unfinished stuff ended up in there.

A bunch of other, more recent notebooks can be found in old backpacks, bookbags, and under my bed. Where ever I left it the last time I wrote in it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 pm
On my computer... I type everything.

It's really weird. Whenever I write longhand my stories don't come out as well written as when I type. Maybe I just really like the constant rhythm that typing presents?

I really don't know.  

damaged-reality

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:33 pm
damaged-reality
On my computer... I type everything.

It's really weird. Whenever I write longhand my stories don't come out as well written as when I type. Maybe I just really like the constant rhythm that typing presents?

I really don't know.

I do the same thing. I don't know why, but my longhand works never seem as satisfactory or powerful as they do when I type them. It's odd how that works, but typing just clicks for me. -shrugs- Whatever works, works.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff