Fall hike (a.k.a Cowboy Modelling) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:47 am
All pictures SHOULD be properly rotated, if they aren't appearing so, please tell me. Photobucket is being mean.

User Image
Cowboy:"I haz to wake up momy an daddy they slept in again!"
Me:"Lol, they're not comin hun, let em sleep."

User Image
Cowboy:" was dat!"

workin it for the camera.
User Image

and pose
User Image

and pretend your looking st something (there seriously was nuthin there, he's scary good at modeling lol)
User Image

showing off the gorgeus napsack
User Image

now pretend your a search an rescue dog
User Image

action shot
User Image

epic fail
User Image

Cowboy: "peekaboo"
User Image

"I still got it"
User Image

I found this cave like trench
User Image

me:"this looks like it would be fun to climb!"
User Image

I'm sorry but whole slabs of rock should not come loose!
Needless to say I fell on my a**, I look like I got in a fight lol, nuckle, elbow, wrist, leg even neck scrapped up. Do I learnt lesson. Heck no!

Cowboy:"Moma, if u gona kill urself Ima wait over here"
User Image

Cowboy:"I know I'm handsome but can we walk now?"
User Image

"mnneee, Im done posing, let's goo"
User Image

Cowboy:"ZOMG STOP TAKING PICS AND WALK FASTER WOMAN!"
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:07 pm
I have to say, I am not a huge Aussie fan. But I just LOVE Cowboy... he is so photogenic, and he has so much personality! heart  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:18 pm
Savage Destiny
I have to say, I am not a huge Aussie fan.

eek  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:24 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Savage Destiny

eek

OH THE HORROR. xD

Nah, I don't have a dislike or anything, they're just not for me. :3 Too much hair. After growing up with a Samoyed, I want LESS HAIR PLZ. Why do you think I have a Pit Bull?? rofl  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 am
Savage Destiny
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Savage Destiny

eek

OH THE HORROR. xD

Nah, I don't have a dislike or anything, they're just not for me. :3 Too much hair. After growing up with a Samoyed, I want LESS HAIR PLZ. Why do you think I have a Pit Bull?? rofl

lol, dodged a bullet there. Are you sure you're not just use to show lines? I don't find Cowboy sheds that much. I mean ya my car is a furry disaster when I don't vacuum for a month but some dogs you like pet them and fur comes off on your hand. Plus Pitties shed lil tiny needled that get stuck in your clothes lol.

I didn't think Aussies were for me. I was researching breeds and actually looking for something LOW maintenance. That didn't need much exercise. I don't really wana walk for an hour every day ya know. And I know my mom hates shedding. But then we saw Cowboy. And he was not even all that cute. He was already 5 months old, puppy cuteness was gone he was in the awkward phase and he didn't really snatch my attention like ZOMG cute. With all these puppies around. Plus I was like "we must leave, pet stores are evil" ninja

And Cowboy who was absolutely psychotic from 5 months in a cage was doing figure 8's in his cage and practically smashing his head against the wall. My mom was like I like THAT one! And I'm all, that's an Aussie, they shed like mad, and they need loads of exercise, not at all what we're looking for. But she wanted them to take him out anyway.

Well he was all over me in a second, licking me non stop. That was really not cool. Try saying you don't want a dog when your heart is instantly won over by this awkward thing that no one wants. We went home to tell my brother and father to go check out this dog. As it turns out, this was the dog my brother had wanted from the start. He'd seen him when he was a wee puppy (his girlfriend at the time worked there). So that pretty much settled it. Plus then my mom had a dream about the dog and in her dream we named him Cowboy. So yup, that's how I got stuck with this crazy ball of fur lol. But now I freakin adore Aussies. I have a thing for wiggle butts I think. My first dog was a cocker. And ya, as much I I LOVE agility and Border Collies are like the fastest smartest breed and most people into agility have SEVERAL BC's I find Aussies have more personality. Like Cowboy who flunked Obedience cause he wouldn't stop playing dead lol. He still DOES his down stay, but he likes to make people laugh.

In Sept I was at an agility trial, and a kid was running his Aussie in the junior division. He finished his perfect run and his mom came and hugged him and the dog jumped up and joined in for a group hug. I'm like ZOMG Cowboy your cousin like to group hug just like you! (If he sees people hugging he will freak out if he's stuck outside or in his crate. He must be part of every hug lol)

My mom maintains we "rescued" him from the pet shop and I keep trying to tell her that is NOT okay to say. 1. They will have a replacement for him in a few days max and 2. It makes it sound like it's okay to buy from pet stores.

At least they didn't profit off us. Cowboy was there over 3 months (assuming he was 8 weeks when he arrived) So they had to feed him, clean his cage, pay for vet bills (he had a cough when he arrived at the store) vaccines. And we got him for 500 CDN. Pups usually go for over a thousand. So still not okay, but, at least they didn't really profit. And I refuse to even go into a store that sells animals I don't even want them earning 5 bucks from me. I buy everything online or at a pet supply store.

This post ended up being really long...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 am
He is super cute heart  

Arashi V6 Dream

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lime Kiss

Versatile Lover

4,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:03 pm
haha nice failed jump XD

He's a very handsome dog. He's got a wonderfully expressive face. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:31 pm
Ah Gaby, I really don't want even Lab length hair, lol. I love grooming, but I really am not interested in doing it as a job and in my free time too. xD Riddle and Melon's weekly baths pretty much keep them from shedding, very few hairs get left around. There's a lot of dog breeds I like personality wise, but won't ever have due to fur. Now, maybe if they made smooth Aussies... lol! The only possible exception to my single coat rule would be Australian Cattle dogs... and still I'll probably never have one.

I'm with you on the BCs though. I love how dedicated they are to their owners, and how smart they are, but it seems like they're so focused on what their owner wants they forget to have their own personality.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Tranquilise

Beloved Sex Symbol

10,825 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Aussies remind me off rottweilers but fluffier and less muscular...I love their shaking bums...My mom's rottweiler was a big guy and he had such a short tail that his whole hind parts would shake.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:06 pm
@ savage, that the best and worst thing about BCs though. they are very dedicated animals and will work at it until its perfect. they are certainly a working breed and arent made to be just companions, they let you know that they arent there to please you, they are there to get the job done. still my absolute favorite breed though and i really miss having one.

and oh my god, these have to be my favorite pics of cowboy ever!  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 am
@Sammy, I dunno what it is about tailless breeds. It's like all that energy has no where to go and the whole rear has to shake. My cocker was the same way. And Cowboy has pretty good muscle mass for an Aussie, but definitely very fluffy lol

@Shanna
I might try a BC some day. If I ever have the time to devote to one. My buddy's BC's are big sucks like Cowboy and just love to be pet. But I'm so indecisive about my next dog. I'm thinking Duck Toller but I only met one. One of my fav breeds is Pit Bull but I'm not certain I could deal with the responsibility and I travel to Ontario A LOT. Luckily I have a lot of time to decide lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:45 am
Thats ture..You might go to pet my mums dog on his tail(which would be weird to pet)and Boss would give you a look like "don't touch my tail!!!Its mine!!!" then start shaking his butt again...May you rest in peace Bosser.  

Tranquilise

Beloved Sex Symbol

10,825 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:04 pm
ive got no idea what breed i want either. since i cant have a dog at my apartment ive got 8 more months to fill with research. im thinking i may get a working breed since ive been so active since living with the fiance, before i was a lazy couch potato but no i go on walks and bike rides all the time, i want a dog that cna keep up with me and enjoy going everywhere i go.

i really really want a bc but im unsure if im active enough for one to be happy.

right now im thinking of getting a dog thats a goofball, i want a companion thats loves being as silly as i do.

though ill probably just end up going to the shelter and just letting the dog pick me within reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:15 pm
Shanna66
ive got no idea what breed i want either. since i cant have a dog at my apartment ive got 8 more months to fill with research. im thinking i may get a working breed since ive been so active since living with the fiance, before i was a lazy couch potato but no i go on walks and bike rides all the time, i want a dog that cna keep up with me and enjoy going everywhere i go.

i really really want a bc but im unsure if im active enough for one to be happy.

right now im thinking of getting a dog thats a goofball, i want a companion thats loves being as silly as i do.

though ill probably just end up going to the shelter and just letting the dog pick me within reason.

Border Collies are wonderful dogs, with great personalities! If you can set aside time and effort to keep a BC active then they make very loyal and loving companions, not to mention they are freakishly smart! Mine get at least an hour of excersize/training a day and they are very happy.
I'm biased though (*points to signature*) lol.  

Christizzle

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 pm
Christizzle
Shanna66

Border Collies are wonderful dogs, with great personalities! If you can set aside time and effort to keep a BC active then they make very loyal and loving companions, not to mention they are freakishly smart! Mine get at least an hour of excersize/training a day and they are very happy.
I'm biased though (*points to signature*) lol.

i know they are super smart. my old one adapted to being deaf and blind so quickly.  
Pictures

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff