Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Please understand that this is not a date. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:30 am
Oooooooookay so there's this guy that likes me. The feeling, shall we say, is not mutual by any means.

But we made plans a while ago to go to the midnight release for Deathly Hallows. My top pick is to always go with my best friend Molly, but that heifer got a cat and I am too poor atm to afford a hotel in Chicago. SO YEAH I decided to go with him. He likes HP a lot and he's cool. Whatever.

I have stressed that it's not a date, lol. I have also stressed that I am not interested in dating anyone at the moment because I am so focused with school and freelancing and getting a stable job.

So, we got our tickets today and I was like "I'LL BUY MINE YOU BUY YOURS!" but he bought mine. I tried to shove my $20 bill in the cashier dude's face, but he didn't take it, that b*****d.

He better not be expecting anything from me. scream  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:36 am

Oh, God. I hope he doesn't ruin your Harry Potter experience. gonk
If it were me, I'd rather go alone. I wouldn't let any man get in the way of me and Harry having a magical time. talk2hand

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:40 am
Eh... I don't think this will go over so well, men don't buy the "This is not a date" quote in the outing agreement.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:49 am
I'd shove the money in an envelop and send it to him in the mail.

He might still think it's a date and that you are just "playing hard to get." Kind of wish there wasn't this automatic belief that when woman say one thing, they mean the opposite and are just trying to test you, etc. But I guess that would mean that the the percentage of woman who do that would have to actually stop.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:54 am
Hopefully he'll be grossly turned off when I sob throughout the movie since it's all almost over! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm
Wouldn't count on it comfy, he'll likely think thats his chance to cheer you up and make some sparks.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you should know he probably considered this a date from the start.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:37 pm
Yeah, i have had something similar. I had a guy crash at mine because we had all been out drinking and i didn't want him driving home.
I told him it was simply that. no funy business. You can guess what happened ^^;

But, hopefully this works out for you. If he does think it's a date, tell him you don't believe in sex before marriage.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:31 pm
coldheartedangel
Yeah, i have had something similar. I had a guy crash at mine because we had all been out drinking and i didn't want him driving home.
I told him it was simply that. no funy business. You can guess what happened ^^;

But, hopefully this works out for you. If he does think it's a date, tell him you don't believe in sex before marriage.
OR I CAN JUST SAY I AM A LESBIAN! biggrin  

comfylove
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:19 pm
If all else fails, if he makes a move, you can scream "IMPEDIMENTA!" or something to that effect. /:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 pm
For guys, it's a mix of pride (not wanting other guys in the area to think they're douchebags who don't pay) and politeness (hearing their grandmothers' voices telling them to ALWAYS pay and open doors). He'll settle down and let you pay for things soon enough. ^_~  

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:12 am
Yeah, i must admit, back when i was like. . .17ish, i used to go out with these three guys all the time (And i mean from sun down, til sun up) and i was very rarely allowed to actually pay for something unless i started stealing cards/wallets xD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 am
Hopefully he's not all rosy eyed, if he is you're going to have to be brutal and give him a dose of reality or just avoid him if he tries to get fresh.  

Aaditya

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 am
Well atleast ya get to see the movie for free now and he may not know for sure that you don't feel the same way he does,unless of course you've out right said you have no feelings for him whats so ever than he is just slow and like I said,free movie!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:33 pm
IS IT AT ALL POSSIBLE HE MAY'VE JUST BEEN BEING NICE?
Sometimes I pay for tickets, & the like for people I don't even know. He could just be a nice fella.
I mean, when I'm out & about with a girl, any girl I don't let 'em pay for anything. Just because, like that what dudes are supposed to do Chivalry, & what have you.
Or he totes wants to get him some Comfylovin.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

diffun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:48 pm
coldheartedangel
Yeah, i must admit, back when i was like. . .17ish, i used to go out with these three guys all the time (And i mean from sun down, til sun up) and i was very rarely allowed to actually pay for something unless i started stealing cards/wallets xD

yeah, my best friend's best 'guy friend' still won't let her pay for anything - ever.
she has to fight to buy her own movie tickets and dinner. when we go out in a group (which also usually includes his sister) he buys us all drinks and stuff.
that might also be because he has the best paying job though... haha.

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff