Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Just curious really (green names) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm
I have recently become aware of some issues people have with myself and certain other green named people simply because we have said green names.

I dunno...i guess i just figured that "oh hey they are my friends, they won't care either way"...apparently not.

Anyway...i do have a point to this ramble.

Do you guys think of those of us with green names (that you knew pre-mod) have changed dramatically since we became green?? Do you feel uncomfortable posting in the guild/like you are being watched with us around??

Honestly...i feel myself and the others are still the same as we were before...but apparently others think otherwise (this isn't a dig at anyone in particular btw, nor anything that occurred within this guild.)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:19 pm
lolwut?

Hell no, I don't feel any different. We don't do anything here in The Suites that would get us in trouble. Also, I mean, you're all still you. You just have more responsibility, I guess. I went on hiatus from Gaia, to find that Comfy had become a mod. K. I still love me some Comfy, even if I don't talk to her much, anymore. [:

I mean, I've noticed subtle differences in my "mod friends" personas; everyone gets a little bit more serious, but that's understandable. I feel, if I'm honest, like my pre-mod friends are a tad less lighthearted, but not in any way that makes them bad. You have to be, somewhat. Comes with the job. If you were all running around being immature and whatnot, what would that say about how Gaia is run?

I honestly think it's cool that the Suites has so many mods (there are a lot of you here, relatively, of course); people are less likely to start drama here.

Nexus Carbuncle

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:21 pm
If this was FB i would totally be liking your post<33  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm
my nexusssssss heart  

comfylove
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:25 pm
Wuv boffuv yoooooooooooo!

heart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:59 pm
Do you guys think of those of us with green names (that you knew pre-mod) have changed dramatically since we became green??
Some people change over time in general so really hard to say if is cause they now have more power or not.

Do you feel uncomfortable posting in the guild/like you are being watched with us around??
I don't feel uncomfortable at all. If I knew you before hand or not then its really all the same.

Really if anything it makes me respect you more cause your important and I know if I need anything I have several different people I'm comfortable going to.

The only time to actually feel uncomfortable is if you feel like your being ganged up on and really you can get that sorta feeling from someone who has no color.

wo_nyrmo

fbgjboddfsdfosdfa

Dangerous Glitch

11,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:39 pm
Of course some people around you will change as soon as you become a mod.
This is because being a mod = You having power.

I mean, you can delete posts/topics and ban users so of course some users will act different around you.

Users can change in different ways when you are around, for example:

A user may act super nice around you and try to kiss up to you because you are a mod.
They are either doing this because they are afraid that they may get banned if they do anything wrong around you or they want to get close to someone with power (Sort of like prommies)

Another user may act really aggressive towards you.
This may be because they have had problems with other mods in the past or because they do not like mods being around for one reason or another.

Though some other users may just act the same as normal around you.

It all depends on the person.

I normally do not reply to mods that much when I am on this account but then again I do not reply to many people on this account anyway.

Though I do try and watch what I say on this account whenever I talk to other people.

It is different on my mules though.
If I go onto a mule, I will talk far much more to someone and I also seem to act a bit more forceful with my view if I am talking with a mod.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:12 am
I don't really care if your name is green or not, I'll treat you the same as I treat everyone else! ;p

I don't see a reason why you should act differently around a mod unless you are doing things against the TOS. >3

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:35 am
[joke]

I have to say yes.
Because we can't do the things we used to.
You have so much more responsibility.
Less time for our relationship.
We rarely frolic through meadows.
The last time I got chained to a wall was two weeks ago!

[/joke]

Really, no difference what so ever. at all. you're just always gonna be the same person.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:52 am
I don't take Gaia seriously enough to treat mods differently.
My best friend Melissa recently got made a supervisor over me in the place where we work, and I treat her no differently. I'll do what she says, but only because she asks me to do things, she doesn't tell me. She constantly stressed to me that she wanted things to be exactly the same, and I really respect her because she does a great job and never flaunts her new authority in people's faces.

I can understand how you guys might be treated differently because your friends feel as though you're no longer on equal footing and you have authority over them. If I'm honest, I have problems with authority in people I don't respect, but luckily that's not an issue here. As I said, I don't take Gaia seriously enough to get worked up if someone can ban my account, most of the good friends I've made on it are friends with me on FaceBook anyway.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

ecopper12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm
Why would any of us be nervous?

It's a color change, and a power change.

Besides, like Qui said, Mods are Gaian's too.

They just have more power.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:04 pm
I'm glad you guys all feel this way <333  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:29 pm
People tend to assume mods are richer than other gaians. I was once gold farming in the sawmill with two mods in the party and everyone was like, "Omg, you guys need to farm, too?!" Um, yeah? Checked the MP lately? XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am
Lychee Fruit
People tend to assume mods are richer than other gaians. I was once gold farming in the sawmill with two mods in the party and everyone was like, "Omg, you guys need to farm, too?!" Um, yeah? Checked the MP lately? XD

The only reason a lot of us appear "rich" is that we have been on the site for ages xP  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Reverend Havok

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 am
Everyone above has pretty much summed up everything I was thinking, haha.

Although, I have a question for you mods. Just out of curiosity, have you noticed any of your friends or acquaintances trying get closer to you? "Buttering" you up, basically, because of your new status?

Just wondering, I kinda found myself in that situation when I became mod in a different guild about a year ago...

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff