Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Hello there. I'm a bisexual Christian! :D" Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am
Why is this so hard to believe? neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 am
I believe it, and I am happy that you choose to embrace them both. I hope in the end, everything works out. There is many congregations that are LGBT friendly, I hope yours is one of them.  

HazyKoala

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Clambake 200

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:29 am
Grace the Spiffy One
I believe it, and I am happy that you choose to embrace them both. I hope in the end, everything works out. There is many congregations that are LGBT friendly, I hope yours is one of them.
Well we're small and very loving so I guess..coming out to my church is what I'm worried about the most. I don't want to have to walk in every week with eyes looking down on me and judging me...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:00 pm
I'm sad to say I'm afraid to tell people both sides of me: the fact I'm transgendered pansexual, and the fact I'm a Christian.

Someone's going to bash me for either and I can't defend myself, because these people won't listen.
It's depressing.

It was on its worst when I was with my ex, she kept laughing about how we're going to hell and how God hates us and I didn't know what to say.
Eventually I just told her religion is a major source of strength for me, and we never discussed the past incidents where she dissed it.

I keep wishing people wouldn't concentrate on hating so much.  

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

spirit wolf 4 life

Generous Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 pm
thats not hard to believe at all im the same way im bi and go to a christian church *shurgs* i don't see anything wrong about it saddly other poeple do :/  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Its so sad that everyone thinks of this as just some sort of weird anomaly. It is possible to be Christian and non-heterosexual. I'm not religious but I just wish more people would come forward and say that they embraced both parts of themselves to give hope to others.It would give me hope.  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:22 pm
It bugs me to think of how people are expected to be certain things because of their beliefs or interests. In my opinion, everyone should be free to choose what they believe in. It drives me crazy when people push religion on me, but it also makes me mad when I see others bashing a religion in general. We live in a very unforgiving world unfortunately. Stereotypes can just be so annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:02 am
TorpidoKoi
Why is this so hard to believe? neutral

At our local Pride march this year, we had representatives from the local Quakers and Unitarians marching with us.

You don't have to be heterosexual to be Christian biggrin  

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:23 am
My own opinion: The fundamentalists (well, the homophobic ones) want these two things to be mutually exclusive.

Leo Rawrs
she kept laughing about how we're going to hell and how God hates us

Who the hell jokes about that?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:32 pm
I'm not a christian myself. but honestly I hope for transsexuals to be able to turn for god for support in embracing themselves and for support during the very painful process of transitioning. I think if churches saw that they'd see how very christ-like it would be to be there for these people and support them.  

Adalyna

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 am
Jiraku
Leo Rawrs

My ex, apparently. It's easy for an atheist with an ironical take on the "everyone hates me because I'm lesbian" issue.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 am
Jiraku
My own opinion: The fundamentalists (well, the homophobic ones) want these two things to be mutually exclusive.

Leo Rawrs

Someone who doesn't believe it. If you have the slightest bit of fear or worry that it might be true, it won't be funny.

As for being bisexual and Christian, good for you.

But how do you reconcile yourself with the fact that your Holy Book condemns homosexuality?  

fierce armadillo

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 pm
fierce armadillo
Jiraku

Leo Rawrs

Someone who doesn't believe it. If you have the slightest bit of fear or worry that it might be true, it won't be funny.

But how do you reconcile yourself with the fact that your Holy Book condemns homosexuality?

By believing it doesn't. It's not in the original textures. It's about blasphemous rituals and prostitution and something else.
The one people love quoting the most, Leviticus one, doesn't even concern anyone but a certain tribe, and is about fertility rituals in temples.

People love taking stuff out of context.

Even skipping that, I'm not all that big on the Bible overall. I can't trust people enough to believe they didn't tamper with every second line of it in order to gain power over others.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:12 pm
fierce armadillo
Jiraku

Leo Rawrs

Well no one's perfect. It also says God made me this for a reason so Imma just live with it.  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

Pastarooni

6,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 pm
fierce armadillo
Jiraku

Leo Rawrs

No offence-and I'm not saying God doesn't exist;even though I don't beleive in him-but you guys know that the bible is just something that someone printed out and said it was written by god. I know about the *-God-*.
HE WAS A FREAKIN' CARPENTER!!!
All he did was here stories about god and ,because of publicity reasons,named his child Jeasus and pretended that he was *-holy-*.
Just saying.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces