Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
What scares you, Suites? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Aw man...Why did it have to be..."
  "Snakes?"
  "Clowns?"
View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:31 am
Today, I dropped my spoon while getting breakfast, and I bent down to get it, naturally. A friend asks "How come whenever you have to bend down, you have to put your hand over the corner of whatever's next to you?" I thought about it for a second and realized something I'd never realized; I have an irrational fear of sharp, jutting corners.

I remember when I was three or four, and running in my house, and somehow, I slammed my head against our monitor's corner. You guys remember those big, boxy things, right? Yep. Busted me right open, and I should've gotten stitches, but didn't. As a result, I have a scar over my left eyebrow, and a fear of corners; if there's water on the floor in the kitchen, I have to get it up because I'm afraid of someone falling and hitting his or her head on it.

So Suites, what irrational fears do you guys have?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:14 am
at times I still get a little nervous in the dark, but only a little. but a couple nights ago it was way more so, but that's cause I watched my sis play amnesia:the dark descent xd

I'm also not fond of crane flies, like I actually kind of back away from one if I see it or get something to kill it the second I see it, something about how they are shaped and feel on the skin drives me insane(sort of the same for daddy long legs)  

sgt.Frosty

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:16 pm
Ghosts and Paranormal activity for me. When I goto buy another house, thats actually a major factor on if I'll buy it or not. I want to live in a home with nothing paranormal -ever- again.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 pm
Hurrr nothing scares me!
JK
I get a bit creeped out when I watch shows about aliens xD
Random wilderness... my friends and I would go to "haunted houses" that were abandoned but meh.
Just scared to make left turns, I get really nervous when family or friends choke on food.

Saucey

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:17 pm
When I'm sharing a drink with someone, I have to wipe the straw tip with my fingers before putting it into my mouth. I also wipe my mouth after anyone kisses me. If I don't do it, I feel uncomfortable all day! I know that's not going to erase germs, but something about mouth-to-mouth contact, even indirectly, seems somewhat unclean to me.

I also try not to breathe the exact same air that someone has already breathed out. If I can smell their breath (even if it's minty fresh!) I snort air out my nose and cough a little. When I was seven the teacher tried to explain what air was to us and how lungs functioned. It uh... she didn't do a very good job and I breathed funny out of sheer terror of the "air bugs" for at least a month. =_=  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 pm
Honest people, & attractive women.
So definitely good looking truthful gals.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Aaditya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:46 pm
Bees. ******** those striped stinging airborne abominations!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:59 pm
Aaditya
I totally forgot, I hate those too.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 pm
I fear:
- driving
- my immediate family/loved ones going anywhere in a vehicle for fear of them being in an accident
- very large, flat ocean fish (traumatic dream o-o)
- being completely forgotten once I die
- paranormal activity
- being upside down
- falling backwards
- failure
- stigmata
- spontaneous combustion
etc

I have a lot of irrational fears. I am also pretty sure that if I went to a psychiatrist they would diagnose me with paranoia, I just don't want to go.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 am
~*~

Aggressively stupid people
Insects that buzz loudly when they fly, e.g., those really big black flies that like to go around and around the room and can never find their way out the WIDE OPEN DOOR.
Also, insects that fly and are massive, e.g., wasps
Horrible damage done to my eyes, especially if I were conscious
Really torture in any form. Especially of the medieval sort. -shudder-
Very loud thunderstorms

Oh, and Furbies.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Superna Zherom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am
Random soggy s**t on the ground. Seriously, I cringe at the sight.
Getting impaled.
Falling.
Small, cramped spaces.
Electric towers and power lines. What the ********, even I'm taken aback. I think this has to do with that movie Tremors. That one dead guy stuck to that tower, lolwat...
Never waking up again. It's especially frightening because I DO physically have trouble waking up at times. Like I can barely move and my body aches hardcore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 am
Mostly - Driving my car off a bridge, not being able to get out, and drowning. I bought one of those life hammers because I kept thinking about me getting in an accident on a bridge and somehow falling off the side even though I know the walls on bridges are pretty sturdy.

I have a slight fear of heights, but I've gotten over that mostly. Oh. And public speaking.

Nothing too original. xD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:15 pm
Aaditya

Last year, I was sitting on the stoop of the building in which I have lessons, talking with some friends, and a bee flew right into my ear. I didn't see it, but I instinctively and immediately turned my head and crushed it against my shoulder, and heard it crunch. When I cocked my head and it fell out, I was absolutely horrified. xD

PainfullyVivid
Oh. And public speaking.

Nothing too original. xD

I'm mortified of being in front of people...But I'm a performance major, and have to stand up on stage while all my friends and teachers watch me. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm
I fear failure.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm
I also have a fear of falling and breaking my fingers/knocking out my teeth. Since I play clarinet, and I'm at a conservatory, where, really, that's all I do, I'd be s**t out of luck. I hear horror stories about a girl who did the same a few years ago. So, if I fall, I have to turn over, quickly, and land on my back.

Also, I'm horrified of condiments. It's the texture, and their smells, the latter, especially, since I have a stronger sense of smell than most. If I get ketchup on my hands, especially, I have to excuse myself, in a panic, and I have to go to the bathroom and wash my hands off until there's not even the faintest smell. If it gets on my clothes...

de.Lici.ous
I fear failure.

Oh, Lord, do I.

Edit: It's actually horrible for me, since I'm bipolar. I only ever think about it when I'm being depressed. /:

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff