Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So, Assassin's Creed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brotherhood!
  Whoohoo!
View Results

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 am
Yes, I am making a thread to glee about Assassin's Creed. Why? Simple. I just finished playing 2 and fell in love with the series.

I am not a gamer. Sure, I play a lot of games, love my XBox and my DS. However, I suck. I freely admit I suck. So whenever I find a game I can complete and has a fairly good story, I fall in love.

I'm just getting so uber excited for Brotherhood. I know I'm getting it for Christmas, which feel like such a long wait. Trying to entertain myself now by chasing down heralds, pickpockets and guards in 2.

Anyone else love these games, or just want to tell me what a saddo I am?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:42 am
I love them to, I've always been into freerunning and they're pretty much the gaming peak of that.

What I really liked about 2 was how you didn't start off without basic climbing moves like grab ledge because seriously... in the first one how the ******** did Altair "forget" that grabbing at ledges is a better than falling to your death when he has to restart his training.

Looking forward to the next one as they really built up the plot at the end. I laughed so hard when Desmond goes "What the ********!?" at the big twist about the prophet.

I hope they continue to improve the gameplay. AC2 was such a step up from the first game, all the big flaws where dealt with, it would be nice to see that again.  

scrub
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:34 am
I'm currently loving my long awaited ( And broken, but still playable ) Fallout New Vegas. When I bought Assassin's Creed in 2007 I liked it, but it wasn't as addictive as Oblivion for me that I couldn't fall completely into it... That and I kind of sucked at it. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:18 am
I'm currently replaying 2 right now, actually. I love the series. The gaming experience truly is like no other, and the storyline is brilliant; they seriously thought of everything. I don't know much about brotherhood, nor do I have the time an money to invest right now. /:

There's always Christmas!

Nexus Carbuncle

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm
I love the story of AS1, but the gameplay just killed any interest for me. I got so bored, I just gave up, and read up on what happened on sites.

AS2 at least understood keeping the players attention better, although it did make me insanely wealthy. I have nothing to spend money on anymore, yet the villa keeps spitting it at me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:16 pm
I've been too busy to finish AS1. XD;

I really like the fluidity of the horse-movements, I have to say and will take any opportunity to gallop about.

My graphics card needs to be upgraded before I can even consider installing AS2, though, because while the audio goes on unabated, the cut scenes t a k e f o r e v e r t o g o t h r o u g h...

So, yeah.  

Maze

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:03 pm
I hated that you couldn't keep the Masquerade cape. It was totally the best looking.

I also hated collecting all those feathers, though that was optional but I still did it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:14 pm
My brother got whichever one just came out in the last week or so, I haven't been able to get him to respond to my texts since. emo My mom tells me all he does is go to school, go to weekly dinner with my dad, and play that game. xD  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:16 pm
Yea, I can relate to your brother. I should be applying to uni, but every free minute goes to AS2. I have a problem me thinks.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 pm
I love Assassin's Creed. I finished the first one within a week of getting it, and finished the second within a few days.

Not only the fighting system, but being able to scale buildings in the matter of seconds to evade guards just seems epic to me. 8] I have to get Brotherhood soon, can't wait to see how good I really am at Assassin's Creed online.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:44 am
Yeaaaa, I think I'll avoid online play for a while. I'd rather not embaress myself in front of players with actual skill.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm
I kind of want to play Assassin's Creed since I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I don't have a 360, so it's kind of pointless.
I don't play enough video games to buy a 350 or PS3. Sad day.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:05 pm
I'm fairly sure AC2 came out for PC too. Always an option.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:11 pm
My 360 just died five minutes ago while replaying AC2. Eff.

Nexus Carbuncle

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:12 pm
There doesn't seem to be a version in North America for Macs, which is the only type of laptop I have. xD AC doesn't want meee.

There is only a release date for a Mac version in Europe. Weiiird.

Though I'm not usually good at games on the PC anyway. Play better with a controller.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff