Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Perian the Clockwork|| Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:19 am
Drastic changes as of 2.25

User Image
tick tock tick tock tick tock How many ticks left in a Clockwork Heart?

AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name
Perian
Nicknames
Per

tick tock Gender
tick tock Thinks of himself as being male. Well, at least, thats how he'd dress if he wore clothes.
tick tock Age
tick tock Unknown origins. Could pass as 18 by the look of him.
tick tock Faction/Race
tick tock Monster / Clockwork Golem

Personality
Clever and sly would be the easiest ways to describe him. At first glance, thats just about all he is. He can be easily companionable and he likes to make other laugh or smile, but he tends to do it in a manner which coincides any preconceived notions he had about them, excepting friends. This is why he tends to prefer fewer, closer friends than large groups with whom he's not as closely acquainted. Perian is a quirky sort. He's not quick to anger, but can be a hell when he is. He tends to be single-minded about things, and is ironically not very open minded about others. He tends to see people and the world in a certain way, and often bases how he treats everyone on his stereotypes until he learns more about them. He was taught that the world is more predictable like that, and things are just easier when they're predictable. Its not that he acts this way to be cruel, its just the mindset he was bequeathed with from his creator.

Oddly enough, Perian is prejudiced against Patchworks and thinks that everyone is too busy with the flimsy things to make Clockworks like himself. He's very proud of the fact that he's much more durable by comparison, and so much more elegant. Upon closer observation, he's very vain about his own appearance. He's keen on keeping himself polished and dent-free, and he's on some sort of odd crusade for better made parts. While he's very concerned with his own appearance, Perian isn't the type to be arrogant about it. He's even been known to make fun of his habits, despite how much he frets over them.

One thing he doesn't joke about is the removal of his limbs. Barring the smaller joints in his digits, the further the extremity the easier it gets to detach. He never lets anyone go near him if they have a screwdriver or anything of the sort, but if someone does manage to detach a part of him he chases the culprit with a single-minded intent to retrieve his wayward appendage. Should Perian be unable to re-obtain his body part, he is capable of making a replacement, but he'd do so rather begrudgingly and would likely flay the thief alive if he ever managed to apprehend them. That is, unless someone is cruel enough to take his hands.

He'd be the last to admit it, but Perian is a bit of a romantic in his outlooks, and naively expects the world to be as much of a scream as it is on Skelevision or in books. This bit isn't obvious about him, but its still one of those childish fantasies someone who would like a childhood would have. (something which he'd never admit to)
tick tockA Bit of History
The spook who created Perian is yet unidentified. Perian remembers him mostly by what he taught him, as Perian's creator always aimed to have him well learned. The books he fed the Clockwork were exceptionally biased for being 'scientific' tomes, and despite the fact that he knew a lot, it was always in a detached manner. The concept could be best compared to teaching a blind person what colors are like. They know they exist, but they've never actually seen them. This sort of view on things has kept Perian rather naive, but he's keen on experimenting with things to learn whats-what and the Clockwork has developed great aptitude for learning nonetheless

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
If you asked, he'd tell you it was just for sludgesticks and candlejacks, but its really more like his creator made him. Having no time to teach Perian himself, The Scientist who created him forced him into the school despite his protests. Perian stayed, even after his creator fell off the face of Halloween, majorly because he'd begun to like the place, and he's somewhat sentimental. He finds that lately he's learned stuff from the Academy that surprised him as being an otherworldly sort of useful, and begrudgingly admitted to himself that its been doing him some good that he stayed enrolled.

tick tock Natural Ability
tick tock Modding- Clockworks can modify, repair, and change themselves any time the supplies are available, and have a natural affinity for their parts.

tick tock FEAR
tick tock Can magically composite himself into a lightweight, sentient, impossibly sharp BFS. This talent is completely useless in single battle.

tick tock tick tock Physical Description
tick tock tick tock Physical Description
tick tock Eye Colour: They're gaping black holes. He sees with the aid of magic, but of a more permanent sort.
tick tock Hair Colour/Style: If he had hair, it would be spiked crazily and, most likely, with gold roots and black toward the ends.
tick tock Skin Colour: Gold, with touches of rust.
tick tock Clothing Style/Colours: He likes hats, but they don't usually fit on his head.
Extra: Most of his joints are stainless steel-like, but his more replaceable parts are more messy mixed alloys for compression strength rather than durability, and are a somewhat ruddy brown/gold color.
He has two heart-like things under the plates on his chest where the flow is controlled, as he moves with pressured water in the hoses running around his body. They're heated with magic to act as hydraulics do, so he tends to get hotter the more he moves, and especially when battling because its amplified by friction. On occasion, he'll release bouts of steam to cool off. He also ticks, much like a clock does, and would likely gong like one if you hit his chest plate.

His throat is metal, and it would vibrate to produce sound with steamy air running through a textured cable, so his voice has a very metallic tinge to it, but its also very natural. (As in, not robotic.)
References: [ x ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 pm
Whores  

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm
o vo b  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 am
Spartaaaa  

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 pm
/dances/  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:24 am
Oh. My. God.

First of all, Clockwork?! I love Steampunk things, so this guy is awesome!

1 - If he's haughty and vain, why does he like making others smile? How does he make friends if he's so vain?

2- Do you have any 'growing up' stories of him? Memories of when he was first made, of things he did while he was still with the Scientist that made him? I'd love to see some stories of his life before the Halloween School.

3- Have you read Girl Genius? I find that with clockwork/steampunk things you could get AMAZING ideas for this guy if you wanted to! Not sure if you have anything planned, but I hope it helps - it really is an amazing comic. :3

Uhhh I know I'm forgetting a few things that I might think of later, but hopefully this helps a little!  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 pm
<3333

1. Its not the sort of vanity you'd find in... the kind of people you'd consider a 'diva'. He's only vain about his own appearance, which is why he's so intent on keeping polished and rust-free. He's not a diva about it that he's got to have super pretty friends or surround himself with only worthy people.
And perhaps haughty isn't the right word for that. It occurs to me that it can also mean he's a snob. I'll fix that bit~

2. An actual backstory would be great for depth and character development. Definitely going to write something up for him now.

3. Nope, never. /snickers/ Is it something I can find online? I'll google it.

Thanks. <3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am
Oooh, steampunk~ <3 I'm definitely interested in the history behind his creation and why Perian's "father" disappeared suddenly; especially since he went through the trouble of making him apply to a school.

Is he naive/close-minded because he was closeted away in said scientist's lab for so long prior, maybe? The guy could've fed him quite a bit of "factual information" about races that led to Per's bias/stereotypical fashion of seeing them.

Maybe as a FEAR idea, if you're still looking, is if he's capable of detatching parts of himself to act independently in battle, starting with just both of his arms (due to the concentration it takes to keep them working together)? Or something like that, iunno. I'm typing as a person who woke up half an hour ago from a weird-a** dream about goblins in the matrix. 8U

If you're still interested in doodles for crits, I'd love to see a doodle of Winona (the hooded one in the sig leads to her quest thread with mroe info) in maybe a different outfit, or whatever you want~ Though I hope this crit helped some. ^^;

medigel

Anxious Spirit

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:12 am
He's very cool and I love how he looks!

I am also interested in his past... especially how he feels about his 'father' and his disappearance. Are most of his personality views based off of things taught to him by his 'father'? or was he created with a very good mind, and thus his own opinions?

How does he feel about other golems.. such as stone, etc? Not all golems are so independent (and our resident patchwork is very much a supporter and a helper and not much of a leader). Was he created to just BE or was he created to do tasks set out by his creator?

What are his views on romance? What sort of boil or girl would be his 'type'? Does his lack of a childhood affect the sort of things he likes to do (like having a secret collection of children's toys or something lol)?

Interested to know about what sort of FEAR you could come up with for him. Does he need tools to reattach a limb, or is he kind of magically alive and he can just pop back together (like the Golden Army from Hellboy 2?)

XD I think he has so much potential! I guess I just had more questions.. as I don't see many problems with him, personality wise.

And if you feel like a sketchy.. please feel free to do either of my quest characters who are in my sig.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 am
I haven't finished reading this, because I'm leaving soon, but I will finish reading soon, because I am intrigued!

However, I am curious. What is his voice like? Electronic? Grinding-gears-like? Normal, humanoid voice?  

DarkHeartedSorrows

Sparkly Receiver

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:59 am
The Scientist guy was more me having a lack of inspiration insofar as who created him. I was pondering seeing if there were and pre-existing or quest characters that are mad scientist-like and plotting something with them, which I will invest in once I get time. xD

He majorly assumes rock golems are stupid and slow, because that kind of goes with the territory, but he doesn't hate them or have any prejudices beyond what he expects of them.
I do like the idea of the scientist feeding him biased information, Ol-j,thats neat. o vo

If his parts were only held together by magic, the whole clockwork bit would be kind of... pointless, I suppose. And rust and stuff like that wouldn't be a worry, so I'd rather he were just run on magic, not made whole by it. Maybe if he did that, he could make temporary 'phantom limbs' while he was using the actual one to bludgeon/slash people. Theres an idea.

Romanceee. I doubt he'd care about boy or girl. If he had an interest in the idea, he'd be very much the romantic about it. He wouldn't be clingy, but he'd get all his pleasure from it by making his significant other happy. If it means being happy with him, all the better.

I imagine his voice would kind of hiss, because he talks somewhat... metallicly? His throat is metal, and it would vibrate to produce sound with steam running through a textured cable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:36 pm
I forgot about this threaddd
I'll sketch stuff this weekend. I've been very busy lately and, at the moment, sick. e Ae

Edit- 2/24

Ol-j-man

Winona
iloveyouDIE

Ulmuka

Hurhur This gives you a notice, right?
Does quoting work like that? I dunno. e ve

Inkvore

Dangerous Member

x-Asylum Error-x

Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:36 pm
First off, I love Perian's concept!

1. Does Perian mean anything? More of a curiosity question than anything.

2. What would Perian want in a ghoul? Species, personality, looks, etc?

3. You say his joints and such heat as he moves. Are these things affected by emotions too? Like if he was embarrassed or liked someone would he heat up? Maybe in anger?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 pm
The title of this Quest caught my eye. XDD I'm glad I stopped in to look, since Peridan is pretty much awesome. I hope this crit is helpful. :'D;;

And since I think he's pretty solid as a character, let's go for random questions, alright? ^^;

-- It mentions he is easily companionable, but also that he is not very open-minded about others, and that he treats people using stereotypes until he knows them. How it is that he's a good companion that likes to make others smile when he's stereotypes and isn't open minded about anyone? Do these feelings clash, or mesh together? (Or am I mis-interpreting those statements?)

-- Just for a funny situation, how would he act if he somehow lost a limb/someone stole it?

-- Would he be more open (to friendships, whatever) to creatures that were smiliar to him? As in, other robots/clockwork creatures/technology demons/etc.?

-- How does he feel about personal space? Does he have a bubble, or is he a touchy-feely kind of person? (Just out of curiousity.)

Aaand I tihnk I'm out of questions. ^^; He looks like a really interesting character, and I hope you can figure out his FEAR soon. ^^ If possible, could you sketch my quest girl Quarria for me? o u o;;;

Trira

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 pm
.. omg

Your quest char

and my quest char

need to be bffs FOREVER OK OK OK <3