Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Oh fudge, snow. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snow!
  Yay!
  Nay!
  Meh.
View Results

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 am
Britain is being heaped with the white stuff and it makes me feel like a grumpy old git.

I don't mind looking at snow. I don't mind the idea of a white Christmas. However, the idea of walking to work tomorrow, over driving, because the snow is so thick, is much less appealing.

Do you guys love the white stuff, feel nothing or hate it?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 pm
There was about 8 inches of it on my car tonight, I spent half an hour clearing it, then drove my friend home and had to be pushed out of his street by 4 randomers. My car was just wheelspinning and I was having a full on panic attack. Once I got home, I had to wade through the snow in my front garden.
Not happy.

Don't get me wrong, snow's great. Until you need to go places.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:28 pm
I just came home from Boston, Massachusetts, in the Northeast, surrounded by water, pretty much, and where it snows like there's no tomorrow, and really, there's been little to no snow this year.

Then, I get back to North Carolina, where the region in which I live, is lucky to see snow twice a year, and it's the coldest December they've ever seen, with it having just snowed yesterday. ]:<

And then, I'm supposed to be in New York City in two days, but they're saying there's a good chance my flight might get delayed if it snows like they think it will. Eff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 pm
i'm Canadian what do you think?

i love the snow >.< We have a fair bit where i am, and i want more, because here i get to pick between snow or ice, so i pick snow, it's much safer and warmer.  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 pm
I wish we had snow >:
It's a rare treat to get snow in Texas.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:25 pm
I thoroughly agree with Undead Honey Cake. I've lived in Canada for a couple years now, and I don't hate snow. I hate what happens when the snow melts and refreezes. I'd much rather walk to work in snow than ice. Snow's alot more cushy to fall on gonk  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:47 pm
I've got two feet of fresh snow up here in Ottawa.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:09 am
Playing in snow is fun. Dealing with it when you have to work, clean, or shovel is not. That's why Arizona is awesome: no snow, but close enough to places like Big Bear if you want to go boarding (which I'm going to do on Tuesday mrgreen )  

Aaditya

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:06 am
It had only just all melted and now it's back as thick as before sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:08 pm
Sledding = Good
Freezing your toesies off because your bus has been delayed for hours = Bad

Yeah, Minneapolis got it's 5th most snow ever and they didn't know how to deal with it. Buses (going back home to Wisconsin) were canceled for two days and my bus got delayed five hours the day I went home. sad

So this year snow and I are having a love/hate relationship.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

DelightfulCatastrophe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:46 pm
Where I live, it doesn't snow. HOWEVER! Only a two hour drive is required for me to snowboard, sled, and just play in the snow. I love it heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:36 am
Snow seems to causing havoc over here. Britain isn't the type of place that is used to snow. Were only equipped for mild weather. When it gets even vaguely extreme, we panic. Fun times ahead!

Feel sorry for those I work with. Supervisor got stood up by her taxi, since it wouldn't come to her street.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 am
I'm just glad it's still fresh snow and isn't all iced over like earlier in the month.

I can understand why we are bad with the snow... our winters are so random, colder countries aren't wasting tax money preparing for winter as they get the same weather every year.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 pm
It's summer here.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/bitter-summer-freeze-bites-eastern-states-as-summer-gives-way-to-snow-and-cold/story-e6frfq80-1225974173962  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:46 am
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with snow. I like it when it's falling and then when the streets have been cleared off. But if it turns to ice or if there is any ice involved or if the snow stays around more than a day or so, I hate it.

Haha I'm weird.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces