Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
WHAT THE ******** Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 am
Okay so
THERE IS THIS HUGE ******** WINTER STORM IN THE MIDWEST RIGHT NOW.
IT ICED ALL DAY TODAY. THERE'S LITERALLY LIKE ONE INCH OF ICE EVERYWHERE AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO ICE SKATE OK

AND THEN TOMORROW WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GET UP TO 18 INCHES OF SNOW
EIGHTEEN INCHES
EIGHTEEN

I CANNOT EVEN COMPREHEND THAT MUCH SNOW, NOR HOW I AM EVEN GOING TO GET TO ******** WORK

WHY SO MUCH SNOW?

Seriously, though. If work doesn't cancel me, I am going to go in and punch the first goddamn person I see right in the face.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:00 am
It might even snow in Houston. crying Like up to three inches, the guy said.

Okay, okay, I KNOW what that sounds like to you, but remember, we're in a tropical zne. TROPICAL. This is like snow in Hawaii, but the plants are uglier and there are cattle. We don't know how to feed and water ourselves when it's in the 50s, let alone in... in.. that unholy white stuff that falls from the sky.... gonk  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:45 am
Yea, ugh on that ******** Ice dump. -.-

Thankfully work called last night cause International didn't have any flights coming in, so they asked if I wanted to use one of my paid days, take a nonpaid, or come in and work in a different area. Obvioulsy, I stayed home cause there was no way I wanted to go out and deal with that crappy ice stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:51 am
Try my luck, my snowblower lacks the nessecery spark plugs to run properly so I have to shovel the stuff by hand. It keeps coming down just as fast as I can shovel it too. sweatdrop

Work is canceled today.. Thankfully I don't have to drive in this mess. sweatdrop  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

DrunkenStyle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 am
i'm looking outside my southern california window and it's sunny

i don't know what you're talking about

p.s. it's sunny  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:19 am
I just went outside in shorts, a tank top,
& flip flops; & it was comfortable !
What's this mess about snow?
biggrin

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200

ecopper12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:21 am
I had up to 22 inches of snow recently.

It was nothing.

I'm so pro. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:44 am
DrunkenStyle
i'm looking outside my southern california window and it's sunny

i don't know what you're talking about

p.s. it's sunny

I say we kill this one and STEAL HIS WEATHER. eek  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 am
DrunkenStyle
i'm looking outside my southern northern california window and it's sunny...but windy.

i don't know what you're talking about....but the wind is annoying.

p.s. it's sunny&windy

Fixed for NorCal.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:08 am
I'd be all, GIRL BYE.

It was real icey here this morning apparently. And I didn't want to risk slipping on it with my bad knees and injury-proneness. So I called in to school and stayed home. Every other school was canceled but mine.

I got a text from a friend, there were only four requests today. When will they learn people don't want to get out in shitty weather to get their hair done?  

Biohazardous Lollipop

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:17 am
Seeing as I just hiked in -30 C degree weather yesterday for about 20 minutes in the ice & snow, I think I'm just gonna go point and laugh at you for your vast amounts of winter ignorance.

HA.

HAHAHA.

MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *lightningstrike*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm
WORK WAS CANCELED TODAY.
User Image

Now I am just waiting if school is canceled tomorrow.

Seriously, this was fun at first but now that I have everything off, I wanna go out, BUT I CAN'T SINCE THERE'S INCHES OF ICE BENEATH INCHES OF SNOW AND THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS.  

comfylove
Crew

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 pm
Comfledore
Seriously, this was fun at first but now that I have everything off, I wanna go out, BUT I CAN'T SINCE THERE'S INCHES OF ICE BENEATH INCHES OF SNOW AND THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS.
And it's still gonna dump an inch of the icy stuff and then 2-4 inch of snow from what I was here on the new for here.

Then the most annoying part of all is all the talk of power failure. =(  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:43 pm
wo_nyrmo
Comfledore
And it's still gonna dump an inch of the icy stuff and then 2-4 inch of snow from what I was here on the new for here.

Then the most annoying part of all is all the talk of power failure. =(
Apparently we're still supposed to get anywhere between 8-10 inches but it's stopped snowing. :/ Now it's just...raining ice pellets or something.

If my power goes out, I'll be pissed. My mom said that our powerlines are underground (lol?) so I am hoping nothing happens.  

comfylove
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 pm
Boston's shut down completely. I walked out the building today, to head home, and I was like "What is this, I don't even..."

My dumb a** decided it'd be school to go to school in Massachusetts BECAUSE of all the snow.

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff