rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:46 pm
o.k

1.one assitant principal has 16.69 to kiss a pig, and alot of sixth graders are poor
2. A teacher threw a stapler at a kid
3. our teacher yells at us that we aren't smart everyday
4. we wear uniforms and our book bags have to be clear or mesh and have to be solid
5. our purses have to be a certain size
6. they gave out bag that we can't ever use
7. if you forget your homework you get suspended even if you are perfect
8. they cuss us out
9. they fall asleep while thier class is doing a chemestry project
10. rhe work is impossible  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:49 pm
eek for some of that stuff you could tell the poliece...or atleast parents i mean a stapler???  

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:51 pm
we have police in our school! We have lockdowns where we get metal/drug decttors waved over us and ugly dogs sniff our stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:46 pm
Wow....things like throwing staplers at students and cussing them out is completely unacceptable! That could be considered abuse....did anyone tell the police? o.o

Some things I can understand, like the clear bookbag thing....it's supposed to keep kids from bringing weapons to school and stuff....but it still seems a little over the top. o;  

Tuba Toothpaste

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:24 pm
Haha!! American schools..... razz jk.
Umm....the a teacher threw a desk at a student once! But I have to say he umm....well, I think he probably deserved it but whatever!! I don't really know what happened after that, but the teacher was not fired. And there used to be this CRAZY teacher everyone had eventually. One person's proudest moment was when he threw a stapler at the guy's head and it made a dent in the board beside. That dent it still there and the people alive to see that remember it as their greatest memory. He also had this thing he told everybody was a taser and he would attach it to the desk and shock the student....we don't know to this day what it was, but the teachers all insist it wasn't a taser. He passed away 2 years ago and was one of the most loved and rememebred teachers at the school.
Haha, I love our school. For the somewhat crazy teachers too. But nothing really dangerous has ever happened while I've been here, except for a 100 min lock down that turned out as a false alarm.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:38 pm
O.O Wow, um, maybe it's best if you go to a new school.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:48 pm
ummmmm. this one teacher made my friend cry, cussed his students out, had anger issues, made another girl cry, and everyone hated him.... another teacher, her class is so boring kids fall asleep and dont get in trouble and still have A's in the class  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm
That's ridiculous!
Where abouts do you live?

In my city, all the schools have great staff.
Teachers are amazingly nice and even the mean ones just yell at kids when they're talking a lot and kick them out of the class if it's to an unacceptable level.

Other than that, teachers have no problem lending kids money if they can't afford something at the time and even let some kids out if they need a smoke break/get a snack from the cafeteria as long as they have been working. (kids will even bring the teacher back something with money from their own pocket as a thanks for being nice and letting them out for 3 minute work break.)

Hell, one time in my junior high I had a lunch detention and I went without anything and the principle walked by and asked me if I had eaten lunch and gave me a ticket so I could go get a free pizza from the caf.

Hilfin

Dazed Poppet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 pm
Haha, oh you Americans (:

At my elementary school, a teacher flipped over a kid's desk because it was messy then told him to clean it. Oh, and at that place of hell, we weren't allowed to play with soccer balls, basketballs, or tennis balls. They had to be "nerf balls" (whatever that means) XD

But at my high school, it's a little less strict. We have uniforms and have to wear black shoes. The principal is Hitler, I swear. She made us raise $2000 just so we could have a no-uniform day. Terrorist principal is a terrorist. Also, my music teacher through a music stand at a kid. Just sayin' ;D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:56 pm
Jesus, girl, do you go to Westwood?

Er, nvm, it's kind of like an inside joke for my town?

But, uh, yeah. That definitely does not sound like a good learning environment. You should alert your school board. If enough parents and students complain they'll have to do something...

What were you guys working with in chemistry? Your teacher falling asleep could have been dangerous...  

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:47 pm
Nah, my school doesn't have crazy teachers.
Sometimes my Chemistry teacher will throw a beanbag if someone is making an a** of himself in class. But she only throws them at the boys and she aims for the stomach so it doesn't actually hurt them. It's quite amusing...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm
Bahahaha. I'd be throwing staplers at annoying students, too...

But anyhow.

No. Mine isn't that bad. Most of the teachers are chill and the hard classes are actually really interesting.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm
I hope someone went to the police or the superintendent over a stapler being thrown. Some things I see more as annoyances; backpacks, uniforms, certain size purses. Things like that (backpack and purse especially) are there for your safety, really. I mean, you can say things will never happen to you, but you never know what can be sneaked in a large purse or bag.

Certain things are inappropriate, like the teacher degrading the students and the stapler, but yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 pm
Wow. A lot of problems don't you? The Stapler...wow. thats insaine. Tell your parents, principal, sign a petetion, call the police or something! You cannot be treated this way. Once last last year, there was a 7th grade teacher who threw a desk at a student and we all ran outside. When we got back the whole place was trashed. He just left another time when no one did their homework. Glad to say I've never had a teacher like him.  

mii jigoku

hiogirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:03 pm
Aha, yes. We American schools have issues xD

But I'd kinda like to alert everybody before they freak out...

Rylee, hon, that did not happen like you said it!

I go to the same school as her. I'll go through the stuff that happened and didn't:

1.one assitant principal has 16.69 to kiss a pig, and alot of sixth graders are poor
[Ehh... I'd say true. Our superintendent has over $700 now, and it's only been a month. But honestly, Ry: our students are not poor. Yes, it's a lot of money, but no they're not poor O_o There's actually, do I dare to say, a couple rich students!]
2. A teacher threw a stapler at a kid
[NO!! That did not happen! You like to believe rumors, honey! I've had the best teachers in my life here! They did NOT throw a stapler!]
3. our teacher yells at us that we aren't smart everyday
[1 word: overexaggeration! Yes, I'm in the advanced placement. Yes, I'm not in the same classes as you. But also, yes! I do have friends in your class that say that doesn't happen! Megan, Jessie, Jacob, Colton, all say that doesn't happen. They're completely fine with it]
4. we wear uniforms and our book bags have to be clear or mesh and have to be solid
[Indeed, we have to wear uniforms. But when I went on a vacation to London, be glad, sweetie. (No offense to Londoners...) We saw tons of groups of schools of all ages wearing little sun-hats, and all matching uniforms complete with girls-skirts and guys- "trousers" and they all match completely.
Our uniform is maroon/black/or white polo (any brand, I wear Aeropostal) with black/khaki/navy blue pants (any brand again). It's not really a big deal; plus we get dress-down days every once in a while and get to wear whatever we want
5. our purses have to be a certain size
[They're abolishing that rule; you can carry any size bag you want. Mine is huge! They don't care ^_^ They did that since they noticed how many bags we have to carry and things like that... and other items that, hey we're all girls here, that have to have protective gear like extra pads or tampons or such
6. they gave out bag that we can't ever use
[GP Bags- yes. That did happen, but hey! Who cares! Free bag you can bring anywhere else... and it came with a goody-bag compelte with new sunglasses ^_^
7. if you forget your homework you get suspended even if you are perfect
[WHAT? That doesn't happen! Girl, you exagerate!! Everyone forgets their homework once in a while! Heck, I left a giant project we've been doing in math for weeks at home one day! All I got was 20 points off and and "Don't do it again," speech. I made an 80! That's the most they do to people who forget!]
8. they cuss us out
[...Yeeeah, Ry, that's a rumor! Mr. Darling? He didn't cuss people out! Same as Coach Turner going to jail! Heck no, he didn't go to jail! I don't know where that came from!]
9. they fall asleep while thier class is doing a chemestry project
[When has that happened?! If anything, that would be a student!]
10. rhe work is impossible
[Ry, if the work is hard, ask the teacher. In math one time, I kept making failing after failing after failing worksheet, and I HATED it! Not only was it making me stresses, it was causing my mom to freak out too! I hated her lectures to add onto my stress! So I got myself up, and asked the teacher! Mrs. Holt explained it to me gladly and I had a 100 on that math test! I got it now! It's all on your own pace]

Our school might have some annoying guys in it, and a lot of people who start rumors, but it's not that creepy place she described.
Sorry if I made you mad, Rylee, but you gotta not make up stuff to vent your feelings.
I frankly love this school! I've made very good grades, teachers, and friends here!

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff