Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
THIS IS HORRIBLE!!! HELP!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 pm
her name has been changed to protect her privacy.

my freind Abby was raped six months ago when she lived in Florida. she reported it to the athourities, and nothing was done, the guy wasnt even arrested. two months ago, she moved to S. Carolina. her cousin raped her there.

she didnt tell anyone. the only people she told where her freinds, and they completely turned on her and called her a whore and a slut and left her. her grandparents did the same, and she and her mother live with them and her brother.

she's been increasingly suicidal, even to the point of being hospitalized repeatedly.

a few weeks ago, on her latest hospital visit, she found out that she was pregnate. the docotors said that since she hadnt been showing, it was only at most two months...which means that her cousin was the father. she was devistated. they made an appointment for her to go back last week for an ultrasound and got a suprise: the baby wasnt just a two month fetus, but two fully developed twins, a little boy and a little girl.

they estimated that she had had a "hidden pregnancy" and had been pregnate for at least six months...so the guy who raped her in florida was the father.

she was once again completely torn up. this week, she had finally come to terms with it for the most part and was kind of excited about being a mom.....

yesterday, one of her freinds who had found out about her being pregnate hunted her down and called her a slut, and kicked her in the stomach. she lost her babies last night.

abby is a lesbian, and thats why the guy in florida raped her, and why her freinds called her a slut and blamed her "whoring around with chicks" for getting "raped".

this is horrible, and i really dont know what to do. i want to tell her to have the girl arrested for two counts of first degree murder, but i know i need to wait a bit for her to come back to reality. two days ago we were picking out baby names, and today im trying to keep her from committing suicide.

we really need help....and since i couldnt spend the night with her tonight, im really worried that she could do something.....please help...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 am
I'm sorry, but this whole story seems too far fetched. If a woman reports that she has been raped, the authorities WILL do something about it. They don't take cases like this lightly, and as long as she went to trial the man would have been put in jail.

But let's continue with the rest of the story, shall we? She moves to another state, and then gets raped there by her cousin. So instead of telling the police, she keeps it quiet. Then miraculously she's six months pregnant, with twins no less! And when a friend of her finds out they follow her all the way from Florida just to kick her in the stomach, and your friend loses the babies without reporting the incident.

I call BS.

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Ratz-ItsJC

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:41 am
Sometimes things may sound farfetched through the net, aren't always. Ppl LOVE to misread what the OP writes.

Look... Let's say it was all 100% true. Cuz some of it actually makes sense. Sounds like she's surrounded by homophobic haters. What you can do is prosecute this baby-killing "friend." Doctors have proof she was pregnant. Just prove she was beaten by this "friend."

*sigh*

Lawyer up if she wants to go through with it. Do it asap. They'll know best how to handle all this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 am
Ratz-ItsJC
Sometimes things may sound farfetched through the net, aren't always. Ppl LOVE to misread what the OP writes.

Look... Let's say it was all 100% true. Cuz some of it actually makes sense. Sounds like she's surrounded by homophobic haters. What you can do is prosecute this baby-killing "friend." Doctors have proof she was pregnant. Just prove she was beaten by this "friend."

*sigh*

Lawyer up if she wants to go through with it. Do it asap. They'll know best how to handle all this.

Oh how did you know that misreading OP's writings was my favorite past time?! rolleyes

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Doesn't matter about the past. Just matters what state she's in now. Best suggestion for her is to suck it up, realise the world isn't cupcakes and rainbows, and deal with it. And by deal with it, I mean, prosecute the rapist, the baby-killer, whatever really happened.

Wow, I sounded really harsh.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:33 am
~~

Five words.
FIVE WORDS can describe that whole story.

This world is ******** up.

I think you're all being a bit harsh.
Well, "She Promised You Cookies", not as much.

These things actually DO happen. Girls DO get raped. And not all of them are brave enough to report to authorities.
Most people don't report rape because

A) They want to protect the person who did it
B) They were threatened not to tell the police
And et cetera.

Same with beatings, bullying, ect. IT HAPPENS, AND ISN'T ALWAYS REPORTED.

But I agree with Cookies. I'll just put this a bit lighter, and even quote the Lion King for humorous reasons.

Like Timon said:
You gotta put the past behind 'ya.

She needs to find REAL friends. Ones who don't kill your unborn babies. Ones like you, always there to pick her up when she's down.

And for the record: Not every time you report anything to authorities will something be done. Most times, yes. But not every time.

Kthxbai. Don't bother replying. There's a huge chance I won't answer. Why? I have better things to do then argue over the computer ;D

~~

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...I wish I had been there, so I could've kicked the girl. Hard. As for your friend, has she gotten any counseling? And she can report the girl for assault and possibly manslaughter. Assuming she gets a good lawyer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:40 pm
@insatiable lust: i forgot to type out that she had moved back south, to alabama. just above the florida border close to her hometown....

@ ratz-its-JC: thats what her mom is working on now, i finally convinced her to tell her mom all of the details that she had left out.

@she promised you cookies: harshness is unrelavent, im just worried about her. she was already suicidal before, and now i dont know. its like she's trying to keep herself from losing it, but if you even stray near the topic she just shuts down and doesnt talk for an hour or two and she's scaring me.

@vegeta_lover239: well, ima say thank you anyways even though you said not to bother replying.

@centipedes in utero: im trying to get her to go to MY pshyciatrist with me so matbe i can show her that it isnt so bad and it would really help, but so far no such luck. ((bipolar disorder and anger issues, if i dont go to counseling they wont let me in school xP))
but as i stated, her mom and brother are looking for good lawyers....the only problem is the money situation. its not good...for any of us, just like everyone else.  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:42 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Five words.
FIVE WORDS can describe that whole story.

This world is ******** up.

I think you're all being a bit harsh.
Well, "She Promised You Cookies", not as much.

These things actually DO happen. Girls DO get raped. And not all of them are brave enough to report to authorities.
Most people don't report rape because

A) They want to protect the person who did it
B) They were threatened not to tell the police
And et cetera.

Same with beatings, bullying, ect. IT HAPPENS, AND ISN'T ALWAYS REPORTED.

But I agree with Cookies. I'll just put this a bit lighter, and even quote the Lion King for humorous reasons.

Like Timon said:
You gotta put the past behind 'ya.

She needs to find REAL friends. Ones who don't kill your unborn babies. Ones like you, always there to pick her up when she's down.

And for the record: Not every time you report anything to authorities will something be done. Most times, yes. But not every time.

Kthxbai. Don't bother replying. There's a huge chance I won't answer. Why? I have better things to do then argue over the computer ;D

~~

Well, you took the words right out of my mouth.
They are all being a bit hard...I've been in a similar situation (except I can't get pregnant But dear, just be there for her. What "Abby" went through is every girls nightmare. I hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:57 pm
The best thing you can do is just be there for her and listen. DOnt mention it unless she does. Try to keep her happy and lift her spirits. That's the most important thing right now  

Her Silent Cries

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:58 pm
Purple Twin-L

Well, you took the words right out of my mouth.
They are all being a bit hard...I've been in a similar situation (except I can't get pregnant But dear, just be there for her. What "Abby" went through is every girls nightmare. I hope for the best.

thank you, im doing my best but i still have no clue how she's going to deal with it in the long run....

and im sorry you cant have a baby, hun, and im sorry you had to be in any situation similar to this. abby was the strongest person i knew, and this tore her up and threw her away like a peice of trash....  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm
I'll adopt.

Just tell Abby to stay strong. And if she needs any one on one info she can hit me up here on Gaia (or she can find me on facebook. Just PM me for my email.)

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm
Her Silent Cries
The best thing you can do is just be there for her and listen. DOnt mention it unless she does. Try to keep her happy and lift her spirits. That's the most important thing right now

that's my main focus at the moment, but i cant help wanting to get her to come around so we can make sure that that girl*avoiding her name* deals with the consequences of her actions....
but im trying.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:06 pm
Purple Twin-L
I'll adopt.

Just tell Abby to stay strong. And if she needs any one on one info she can hit me up here on Gaia (or she can find me on facebook. Just PM me for my email.)

thanks. if she's interested, then i'll do that.  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:07 pm
LithiumXwolf
Purple Twin-L
I'll adopt.

thanks. if she's interested, then i'll do that.

Alrighty.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces