Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
The Bouncer Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

t(0.0t)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:19 pm
Anyone hear about this game called The Bouncer ? Not a bad action/fighting game that Square made.

User Image

Characters' Appearance
Sion
Volt
Kou
Dominique
Dauragon
Mugetsu
Echidna
Wong
Kaldea
PD-4
Leann (No pics avaible)
Master Mikado (No pics avaible)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:17 pm
I've heard about it.....I'm not sure if it was released in Australia though......if so then I'll be on the lookout so I can buy it as it looked good but some characters did look like they were ripped from VIII....  

Enetirnel

t(0.0t)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:17 pm
pesky-yuna
I've heard about it.....I'm not sure if it was released in Australia though......if so then I'll be on the lookout so I can buy it as it looked good but some characters did look like they were ripped from VIII....
Yeah, the characters' looks were ripped from FF VIII...My opinion I think Sora got the look from Sion, the looks and style of clothing. Kaldea looks like an older verison of Rinoa.

That game is really hard to find now...The only chance to play it is with my friend. xp sad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:26 pm
Volt have a cactor (sp) on his jacket. On the back of his jacket said no escape. I can't find good pictures of the back of his jacket. Oh, well....Here are the screenshots of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/bouncer/screenindex.html?page=1  

t(0.0t)

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:13 pm
i never played it, but i always wanted to. i think i may go try to find a cheap copy somewhere. i still don't know if my ps2 still works or not, and i'm too lazy to unhook my 360 to find out.

the game looked awesome, and besides, Squaresoft could do no wrong (until they merged with Enix...)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:35 pm
Although the game was great, I was disappointed by the fact that over half the stuff Square promised would be in it wasn't. Destructable enviroments was a major one.  

Oni Akai

Aged Gaian

ColdFire_666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:04 am
i finished this game... very easy and umm doesnt take more than a day to finish lol... but overall was fun for just a little while, not a game you'd want to play for ages.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:58 pm
Yeah, the game does get boring after a while...but I enjoy playing the game more when playing with people on versus mode.

Okay, a bit off topic...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Have anyone play this game called Ehrgeiz...? Yes, an old fighting game that Square made....The Bouncer is alot funner. Anyway, I can't believe that people are looking for this game....My brother paid $23 used...The game has the worst sounds. I know that game is old...At least there are FF7 characters in it. surprised  

t(0.0t)

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:10 am
Ehrgeiz was f***ing awesome!!! i used to play that game nonstop, but i didn't actually own it, so i had to give it back the the friend i borrowed it from... crying

they need to make a newer game like that  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:29 am
i ahve played both those games and just never really cared for either. i dunno, ever since they killed off johnny cage inbetween mk2 and 3 i just aint really goten back into fighting games.  

Owenlars2

PinkSpider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 pm
I played The Bouncer a couple of years ago. It was fun at the time, but I probably wouldn't play it now. I liked Ehrgeiz though. That was cool. The video store up the road used to have it but they got rid of all ther PS1 games....I've never seen the game again.... gonk  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:02 pm
Ehrgeiz is a very rare game. The price is about $30-$50 on Ebay. That would be great if Sqaure make a Ehrgeiz with more FF characters.  

t(0.0t)

Zi

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:45 pm
I also have to agree that The Bouncer does get boring after awhile. I think it would have been better if I finished one of the character's first and then take a few days or more of a break instead of playing it straight through with the other characters. That way the game might have given me a fresh new outlook on the other character's history, but I'll never know for certain. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:54 pm
the bouncer i loved it was quite fun ehrgeiz i also loved for the ff characters twisted  

hunter21

Illegit Illusion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:00 pm
My brother had this game. smile I think it was definitely worth it. A lot of fun. But you're right you know...whenever I saw Sion I thought of Sora.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff