Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Another thread about weght loss. <.< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  Whoo! GO VI!
  BOOOO! LOSE MORE WEIGHT YOU COW!
  ^ lololol Vi is calling herself a cow.
  ^At least she has a good sense of humor =D
View Results

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 pm
Some oldies might remember that I have struggled with weight for a long long time..
(my entire tween and teenage life, to be exact)

While I was dating my ex (Joe) I reached my heighest weight/pant size. Size 22, estimated weight is 240-250lbs.

While I was dating Jon, my weight had been dropping and I was last weighed at 234lbs, wearing a size 18/20.

Almost a year later, I have officially dropped 42lbs and am now 192lbs, in a size 14 (sometimes 12 depending)
This is the first time I have been under 200lbs in...maybe 5 or 6 years?

I am very very proud of myself. I still cannot believe it! But it feels great!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(not the best picture, but you can still see the huuuge difference compared to this)

Before anyone asks me how I have done it, I'll tell you I have no idea.
Some might have to do with age/metabolism/blahbiologyblahblah. But I know a lot of it is my mental and emotional health, as well as my eating habits. I am constantly climbing stairs at school, too. <.<
Other than that, though, I don't exercise much. Going over the time period I lost the weight in, it hasn't been an unhealthy amount. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:57 pm
Great job! You're setting yourself up for a much healthier future, and it sounds like the weight loss is having an awesome impact on your emotional well-being!  

Aaditya

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:02 am
Congrats hun...keep up the good work <3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 am
Envyyyyyyy!

Day before yesterday a cousin said to my mom, 'You look great! You've lost weight!" And then instantly turned to me and said, 'You look good, too..." gonk  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:19 pm
You look great, Vi! <3 Good job!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:58 pm
Aaditya
Great job! You're setting yourself up for a much healthier future, and it sounds like the weight loss is having an awesome impact on your emotional well-being!

<3 Thanks Aady!
Haha Emotional Well being has it's ups and downs, but for the most part, I do okay. razz

@Dris: Thanks sweetie!! <3 <3  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:51 pm
You look amazing, congratulations (: You should be proud of yourself.
Also I love your hair like that, you're making me jealous, I miss my dark hair ):  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:47 am
de.Lici.ous
Also I love your hair like that, you're making me jealous, I miss my dark hair ):
It's getting really long, tooooo! @.@
If I straightened it, completely, it would be past the middle of my back.
xD
If it helps, Lici. I picture you with super dark hair when I think of you? xD  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:59 pm
You look great Vi <3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 pm
Wow, that's really awesome! *claps for you* I'm glad you're proud of yourself, because you deserve to be!  

Annai-chansan

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 pm
Violette PureHeart
de.Lici.ous
xD

That's awesome (: Do you find keeping it healthy is a pain with it being that long?
Haha, thanks! It keeps fading to this horrible coppery-blondey colour and it's really annoying me ):  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 pm
de.Lici.ous
Violette PureHeart
de.Lici.ous
xD

That's awesome (: Do you find keeping it healthy is a pain with it being that long?
Haha, thanks! It keeps fading to this horrible coppery-blondey colour and it's really annoying me ):

Not really...My hair was in muuuch worse shape before I started dying it, actually. It was dry and kinda brittle for being so thick. It wasn't fun to play with, but pretty whenever it finally behaved. Since I started dying it, my hair looks and feels a lot healthier. o.o I'm still amazed since I've been dying it for 3 years (past August)

@Angel, & Lychee: And holy crap. I just saw the other posts. Wow. I'm sorry guys! Thank you soooo much! <3 <3
Lychee: D; Nooot cool.

@Scrubbby: <3 <3

Annai: It's a strange change in confidence, really. xD  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 pm
Violette PureHeart

Not really...My hair was in muuuch worse shape before I started dying it, actually. It was dry and kinda brittle for being so thick. It wasn't fun to play with, but pretty whenever it finally behaved. Since I started dying it, my hair looks and feels a lot healthier. o.o I'm still amazed since I've been dying it for 3 years (past August)

@Angel, & Lychee: And holy crap. I just saw the other posts. Wow. I'm sorry guys! Thank you soooo much! <3 <3
Lychee: D; Nooot cool.

@Scrubbby: <3 <3

Annai: It's a strange change in confidence, really. xD

I think it's something to do with dark hair dyes, hey. When I was dying mine really dark, it was amazing quality. From what I've been told, bleaching strips everything out of the strand of hair, whereas a darker colour is more like filling in the gaps in the scales of your hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 am
I've found that bleached hair isn't as soft and clumps together more. It's weird before I bleached my hair when it was wet it would freely about, now it sticks to my head like a cap; seems more feathery when it's dried off to.  

scrub
Crew

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:38 pm
I've always known bleaching was bad for your hair. That was definitely something I had to consider before I went so dark. xD It's hard to go back to my natural color from black.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff