Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I have temporarily deactivated my Facebook account Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:36 am
I have gotten to a point where I am really irritated by some of my friends on there. While I would usually just remove friends, some of them are actually good friends who just keep making annoying comments with the intent to piss me off. And, well, it's working. And I don't want to give them the satisfaction of biting back, so I just ignore them, but it's just gotten too much lately.

Those of you in here who have me as a friend on Facebook and like to stalk me, you have nothing to worry about, it's only temporary <3

Let's see how long I can last... I'm hoping to go at least a week D: Plus I think it might do me some good to stop wasting time on there.

Has any of you ever been in this situation? What do you do, take a step away from Facebook, or just delete the bastards?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:32 am
Hmmm I usually just delete or I have a group of people who cant comment on my wall, see my photos, or what I post on the home feed thing, etc which I did through changing my privacy settings.  

white_wolf1989

Shameless Lunatic

Majestaetisch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:15 pm
I deactivated one facebook account and created a new one, because of when I went through my break up back in february, all of my ex's friends kept messaging me and harassing me and I got sick of it. So I just deactivated and made a new one.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:34 pm
Kosai's simple solution to not having the internet negatively affect his real life: Don't even create a facebook or twitter page. I've never even seen the mainsites login pages!  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:47 am
Not with Facebook, but there have been many times when I've had to walk away and leave something alone for a while. Sometimes I was actually smart enough to do it instead of hurtling right into another flame war. sweatdrop sweatdrop

The biggest thing was FFnet. At the time my fandom was dead, and pretty much everyone was flaming everyone. But it struck me one day that I didn't like the way I was behaving, even if 'everyone was doing it'. So I closed down my account and just never went back.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:01 pm
I just delete people. I'm pretty straight forward with s**t, if someone annoys me I ******** delete them. At the moment I have to keep certain people around because I see them every day at school, but as soon as I graduate, adios ********.  

Biohazardous Lollipop

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:08 pm
I just delete them. I try not to let in people who aren't worth my time.
Usually, the ones that annoy me are the ones I'm not all that involved with anyway, so it's not as big of a deal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm
Put them on hide? That's what I do with the people that I know would make a big deal out of me deleting them (even if I can count the number of times they have talked to me on FB or had any contact), so I just hide them and pretend they aren't there. 8D

I'd just bite back and tell them to stop being douchebags.

Though somedays I'm tempted to just deactivate mine period. It's kind of a waste of time and I barely do anything on it anymore. I forgot my username and password for the one I was using for Gaia people, so now I just have the people I talk to in RL anyway on there.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Nahayara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:26 am
I do sometimes wish I could delete my Facebook account, deactivating it just doesn't cut it somehow. neutral There's just something vaguely irritating about it that I get the urge to brush out of my life! In the end, I only use it for organising stuff and photos. The rest of it I try to avoid...I did have a big clear out of 'friends' aswell, just went ahead and deleted everyone I don't really know or don't really like, hehe! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:59 am
Well if they are buggin ya let em know, of course that is only if you actually care about em,.. other then that delete is definatly there for a reason.  

wo_nyrmo

Harold Shipman

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:01 pm
I just do what I do best: Insult them and go out of my way to annoy them twice as hard. smile As a result, I tend to have a lot of stupid conflicts on facebook that seem to overflow into real life...

Keeps life interesting. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 pm
Delete and block baby.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Sunday Morning Hangover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 pm
Its never a good thing to be TOO connected to the world. Which is why I refuse to get a phone that can go on facebook. I don't need to be able to check it WHENEVER. ******** facebook can wait for my more important s**t to conclude.

It is good to be able to contact a vast amount of people (since most people DO have facebook, makes it easier) which is why I don't deactivate mine, I just try to find other s**t to browse instead of it. (if not, leave my computer all together)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:26 am
What even is Facebook? Is it a type of food?  

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:00 am
Gorilla and You
What even is Facebook? Is it a type of food?

Yes, it is a type of food. I have deactivated it. Lol xD

Everyone is forgetting that the people annoying me are actually good and decent friends, I don't want to delete them. They're just pissing me off at the moment.

It's almost been a whole week since I deactivated, and gosh it's been hard not to activate it all this week xD Something will happen and I'll want to post it to Facebook! And I have had a bunch of people asking me why I've disappeared. I will activate it tomorrow again I think, maybe after I move to Brisbane and get myself set up down there.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff