Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Remember when this place was more active? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:03 pm
It's so quiet here nowadays! I remember when we used to have a whole front page worth of new topics everyday. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:52 pm
I do. It makes me sad, but I figure it's probably because everyone is busy with school and life. And the lack of fresh blood.

I'm hoping to start finding people to invite in during the last week of April (finals week since all my teachers decided to have everything due the week before or that Monday. Argh) or beginning of May when I'm hanging out at home after my wisdom teeth removal. But I have to get through the next few weeks of the mad rush to get all my papers and assignments in on time. I should actually probably be writing my non-fiction piece that is due tomorrow right now instead of typing this. 8D  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:06 pm
Everyone's lurking. >...< Myself included, actually.
But I'm trying to get out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:15 pm
I still check every day. If people make more topics, I'll certainly become more active! ^^  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:00 pm
i think that most of the active people on here where around the same age and so their all likely in college/university now and just don't have the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:16 pm
A lot of the activity was due to the people, most of which have either moved to new places on Gaia or left the site entirely.

If this place wants to have the level of activity again it's gonna have to find new people, like Pain said. The caveat with that is the people who do choose to join and become active will also be the ones shaping what kind of community it will turn into and depending on how they do that may alienate others, and the level of activity would drop again, thus restarting a vicious cycle.

Personally, I like it as is, or maybe 2 years ago or so when there were more of the older regs around still. The pace matches the amount of time I lurk each day. mrgreen  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:24 pm
Fuji_hobo_jacket
A lot of the activity was due to the people, most of which have either moved to new places on Gaia or left the site entirely.

If this place wants to have the level of activity again it's gonna have to find new people, like Pain said. The caveat with that is the people who do choose to join and become active will also be the ones shaping what kind of community it will turn into and depending on how they do that may alienate others, and the level of activity would drop again, thus restarting a vicious cycle.

Personally, I like it as is, or maybe 2 years ago or so when there were more of the older regs around still. The pace matches the amount of time I lurk each day. mrgreen
I'm always skulking around through here lurking. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:06 am
I'm a guilty lurker. For some odd reason, I find myself starting posts, spending a couple minutes trying to start a new topic (or even a reply), then I just give up. I delete what I wrote, and go back to lurking...

I'm weird, I suppose. >>;

Reverend Havok

white_wolf1989

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:18 am
I have to say I pop in briefly every day but yah since I started uni these past few years it has been less and less often.
But yah we are a bunch of lurkers apparently...myself included xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 am
Reverend Havok
I'm a guilty lurker. For some odd reason, I find myself starting posts, spending a couple minutes trying to start a new topic (or even a reply), then I just give up. I delete what I wrote, and go back to lurking...

that's what i do, too.
well, it's what i always did, save for the occasional topic i ended up actually posting.

diffun

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:57 am
I still check in every day when I can, but like everyone has said, most people who used to be active are busy with life.
Also I think it's because we don't have heaps of new members joining all the time, which I think is partly because of the new guild ranking system. We used to get heaps of join requests because we were constantly on the front page. Now that it's a bunch of random guilds rotating on the front page, we hardly get join requests.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 pm
Life gets in the way of gaia  

Aaditya

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:14 am
That i do, good sir, that i do.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:08 pm
Reverend Havok

This. I always start a reply or a new topic, then start thinking "what the ******** am I talking about? Am I retarded" then just close gaia all-together.

I do love you guys, but I just don't know what to say anymore, I guess.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

kadesha

Indebted Hero

12,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:19 pm
I have been a member of this guild for a long time and just now, I realized that I haven't posted anything or talked to anyone of you. sweatdrop  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff