Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Portal 2! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:26 pm
I have been so busy this week (I have moved and started my new job!) that I didn't get a chance to make a thread about this earlier.
I actually haven't even had much of a chance to play it, I've been so busy D: I even had it pre-ordered and pre-installed from Steam, and I completely forgot the day that it was released until my co-op buddy started yelling at me to get on there.

How cool is the co-op?! I actually find it a lot harder than single player. It's funny how some levels I'll see the answer faster, and in others my partner will see it faster.

So, thoughts and opinions for those of you who've played it so far?
If you've finished, please don't spoil the ending for those of us who haven't! If you have, post in tiny text so I can't read it (:

Complimentary fan girl pic, with one foot in each portal:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:53 pm
Do you know if there is a Mac version? O:
I was thinking about trying it out this summer, but I'm not sure. I also haven't played the first one and only have a vague idea of what happened in the first game. xD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Reverend Havok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:59 pm
I knew you'd make this thread eventually, haha.

I waited a couple extra hours after getting off work to pick it up at it's midnight release. Had the next day off, thankfully, and devoted myself to beating it. I shall not spoil a thing, but I must say the ride through was rather epic. I will say, just like the first Portal, explore everything, and keep an eye out for the unusual. You never know what you might find...

Haven't finished co-op yet, but I'm planning on doing that tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:01 pm
PainfullyVivid
Do you know if there is a Mac version? O:
I was thinking about trying it out this summer, but I'm not sure. I also haven't played the first one and only have a vague idea of what happened in the first game. xD

I believe if you buy it through Steam, you can get the Mac version. I highly suggest buying the first one before you do, though!  

Reverend Havok

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:06 pm
Reverend Havok

I waited a couple extra hours after getting off work to pick it up at it's midnight release. Had the next day off, thankfully, and devoted myself to beating it. I shall not spoil a thing, but I must say the ride through was rather epic. I will say, just like the first Portal, explore everything, and keep an eye out for the unusual. You never know what you might find...

Am I that predictable? xD
Niiice, did you get the limited edition version?
I have done the override I think, where I switched GLaDOS over with Wheatley.
I like all the artwork through it on the walls, it fits in well with the comic they released before it to bridge Portal and Portal 2.

Pain: Yep, Portal 1 was the first game released on Mac through Steam, and Portal 2 has Mac support also (also the first game to have PS3 support too - it is on every platform except Nintendo now).
Also when you buy Portal 2 through Steam, you get a free copy of Portal 1. Definitely play 1 first, it makes the story and connection with GLaDOS so much better.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:33 pm
Between one city and another, just an hour's drive, I saw THREE billboards for Portal 2. God damn I wish my computer could play Steam games. crying  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Reverend Havok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:37 am
de.Lici.ous
Reverend Havok

I like all the artwork through it on the walls, it fits in well with the comic they released before it to bridge Portal and Portal 2.

Pain: Yep, Portal 1 was the first game released on Mac through Steam, and Portal 2 has Mac support also (also the first game to have PS3 support too - it is on every platform except Nintendo now).
Also when you buy Portal 2 through Steam, you get a free copy of Portal 1. Definitely play 1 first, it makes the story and connection with GLaDOS so much better.

I got it for my Xbox 360, so I got boned there for any cool extra stuff. >>;
Our store didn't get any special edition copies in general (we were more focused on Mortal Kombat, and I don't even think we've sold any of their special edition. -_-), so I guess I was screwed from the start.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am
its going to be proper Bo'a  

Mosher117

Generous Receiver

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:11 pm
I haven't picked up Portal 2, I was playing Borderlands again. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:31 pm
Reverend Havok
de.Lici.ous
Reverend Havok

I got it for my Xbox 360, so I got boned there for any cool extra stuff. >>;
Our store didn't get any special edition copies in general (we were more focused on Mortal Kombat, and I don't even think we've sold any of their special edition. -_-), so I guess I was screwed from the start.

Oh that sucks, and you can't download Xbox games from Steam, can you?
As much as I think it's great that they've made Portal 2 available on all platforms, I really think it is best as a PC game.
Speaking of game networks, did you hear the Playstation network has been down for half a week because of hackers? xD As if they didn't see that coming after their CEO issued those statements about Microsoft and Nintendo.

Lychee: Why can't you run Steam games?!  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 pm
I have been having so much fun with the coop on LAN, spent half the time just griefing each other - knocking each other into water with lasers, portal wars into the floor... had a great one where I changed my portal exit just as he was walking through it he went straight into the drink xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm
I LOVE IT.
I thought the first was really good, but I didn't engage with it on the same level that I do with Portal 2. The storyline is much more important this time around, the script and voice acting are all amazing, and the puzzles are FANTASTIC. I feel like an absolute genius when I solve them. The co-op is REALLY good, though I'm not finished with it yet.
Seriously, I haven't been able to put it down, and I got it for free biggrin
(traded in 3 games to get an offer, then used an old gift card to pay the rest).

"I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."  

AquilaLiberum

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:16 am
I have no money, but admire it from afar.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:20 am
Gorilla and You
Pirate it and buy it later >_>
I only paid for my copy today.  

scrub
Crew

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:24 am
scrub
Gorilla and You
Pirate it and buy it later >_>
I only paid for my copy today.
Bluh, too busy pirating other stuff. I'll buy it later when I have the time to play it.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff