Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Republicans Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:35 pm
Since all their arguments come from the bible, how can the republican party exist when there's a separation between church and state?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:46 pm
You don't know the half of it, friend.
It doesn't make sense to be a Republican, since they'er all about tax-breaks for the rich, and none of the people voting for those cuts are rich. They're mostly middle-class, but they vote for other people than themselves to have tax cuts.
I'm glad that we've evolved to such a point that we care about how much of someone else's pay-check that person gets to keep, but honestly, it's disturbing that they care more about that than making the economy better or helping out people who DON'T have a million bucks to spare.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:11 pm
Lord Tai
You don't know the half of it, friend.
It doesn't make sense to be a Republican, since they'er all about tax-breaks for the rich, and none of the people voting for those cuts are rich. They're mostly middle-class, but they vote for other people than themselves to have tax cuts.
I'm glad that we've evolved to such a point that we care about how much of someone else's pay-check that person gets to keep, but honestly, it's disturbing that they care more about that than making the economy better or helping out people who DON'T have a million bucks to spare.

I believe most of them wouldn't even care if they were blown to bits as long as they were holding on to a single penny. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:14 pm
Probably.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm
i'm Canadian, i find all american politics are confusing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm
Sarah_L_Awesome

So do Americans. That's why we vote for whoever has the cooler name.  

Atrum_Anima

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 am
Atrum_Anima
Sarah_L_Awesome

i love this comment

but really, there is nothing wrong with republicans, there is something wrong with supid republicans, same with any american political party  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 pm
I'd probably technically be considered Republican, based on the majority of my views, and I still find the party to be rather stupid at times. >.> (Particularly the bible-wielding part of the party. We're not all a bunch of bible pushers, I promise.)
'course, Democrats have their stupid moments too. For instance, all the pressure they keep putting on farmers, and all the family farms that democrats have run out of business. (Trust me on this one kiddies: Government run farms are a waste of everyone's money. After all, it's the government who's paying farmers huge wads of cash to /not/ plant anything in their fields and /not/ keep cattle/pigs/sheep/goats. It's also the government that's trying to convince us that we should take our beef off the fields and keep them in cutesy little standing stalls, feeding them grain all day. Grain costs money, which makes the cows worth more, which makes meat prices rise. I don't know of many republicans who voted on any of that mess.)

I digress though. Both parties have their stupidity, but as a farmer, I find the Republican party to be more supportive of that lifestyle.  

Dante_Sonata

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:11 am
Dante_Sonata
I'd probably technically be considered Republican, based on the majority of my views, and I still find the party to be rather stupid at times. >.> (Particularly the bible-wielding part of the party. We're not all a bunch of bible pushers, I promise.)
'course, Democrats have their stupid moments too. For instance, all the pressure they keep putting on farmers, and all the family farms that democrats have run out of business. (Trust me on this one kiddies: Government run farms are a waste of everyone's money. After all, it's the government who's paying farmers huge wads of cash to /not/ plant anything in their fields and /not/ keep cattle/pigs/sheep/goats. It's also the government that's trying to convince us that we should take our beef off the fields and keep them in cutesy little standing stalls, feeding them grain all day. Grain costs money, which makes the cows worth more, which makes meat prices rise. I don't know of many republicans who voted on any of that mess.)

I digress though. Both parties have their stupidity, but as a farmer, I find the Republican party to be more supportive of that lifestyle.

They're just trying to keep the quality decent. Yes it can be quite inconveinient at times but let's face it, what isn't?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:30 am
Atrum_Anima
Sarah_L_Awesome

rofl  

Rainbow_Dash18

Amorous Lovergirl

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Love Machine 150

Dante_Sonata

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:17 am
Shilberu Erikku
Dante_Sonata

They're just trying to keep the quality decent. Yes it can be quite inconveinient at times but let's face it, what isn't?

What on earth are you responding to, because that doesn't sound like a response to anything I posted.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:04 pm
Dante_Sonata
Shilberu Erikku
Dante_Sonata

What on earth are you responding to, because that doesn't sound like a response to anything I posted.

I guess I misinterpreted what you posted.....................  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

pkmn paolo

7,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:21 pm
Atrum_Anima
Sarah_L_Awesome

Barack Obama>John McCain  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 am
The republican party is not "All about god" they just have a Philosophical alignment with the Bible,

Democrats are complete idiots, as are Republicans... Politically speaking

Personally anyone who affiliates with any political party in the United States is just providing free advertising for a company...

Just follow the constitution that you love (If you're an american) and tell me that your party isn't blatently negating EVERYTHING IN IT with at least one major bill while using "Freedom" as the pretense

You're all pawns. you want a good political party? then make one.  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:13 pm
Dante_Sonata

The Republicians employed subsidies in order to regulate inflation- just FYI. When supply outstrips demand, the prices for the food produced falls through the floor and then you have people buying loaves of bread with wheelburrows full of money. Our "free market economy" isn't- and this is the doing of both parties, not just one.

To answer the OP's question: Separation of Church and State says that no state religion will be recognized or given special treatment at the expense of any other religion or non-religions philosophical organization. It doesn't say anything about the members of the country voting in line with their religious opinions.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff