Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Rushie caught her 1st bunny! Update- more rabbits and mice Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skeksis

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 pm
Both she and I are super excited. xd

We went for a mooch in one of our favourite offlead places yeasterday and as we were walking by some thick cover she suddenly froze and stared into it before plunging in and springing about. I jumped in too and positioned myself further down to box in whatever she had found. She only had to work the cover for 30 seconds or so before she flushed a young rabbit out; she was on it straight away and had it within 5 yards.
Needless to say we were both very chuffed! She found, flushed and caught her first bunny all by herself!

She looks a bit sulky in the pic because she wanted to eat it and I kept telling her to leave it and stand. lol Afterwards she had it for dinner. ^^

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:38 pm
LOL she looks like she's standing for a police lineup. congrats!  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Scarling Scarification

6,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:45 pm
That absolutely disgusts me please remove this horrible ******** s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:49 pm
Nurse Scarling, Skeksis is in Australia where the rabbits are not native and are ruining the land,she hunts them all the time with her ferrets and now Rushie,it helps control the population,and she feeds them to them,so the deaths are not useless or wasted,as to Rushie congrats xD at least this time it wasn't a hare she was after! lol. If you were to call her off would she listen? say she found something NOT legal to kill,or something that might hurt her? or does she get too caught up in the excitement?  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Skeksis

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
LOL she looks like she's standing for a police lineup. congrats!

Thanks! She was really laying it on thick..." But whhyyyyyyyyyyyyy can't I eat it now? Is mmyyyyyyyyyy rabbit!"

Imagine the 'whyyyy' and the 'mmyyyy' as that high pitched whine that sad dogs do. Lol.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:25 pm
Nurse Scarling

I'm endlessly amused by how you tempered 'horrible ******** s**t' with 'please'. Haha.

You're disgusted by an act of predation, I'm absolutely chuffed because my pup did what she was bred to do. Furthermore she loved it and it was as though she suddenly realised her reason for existing. I've never seen her look as proud as what she did.  

Skeksis

Skeksis

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:37 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Nurse Scarling, Skeksis is in Australia where the rabbits are not native and are ruining the land,she hunts them all the time with her ferrets and now Rushie,it helps control the population,and she feeds them to them,so the deaths are not useless or wasted,as to Rushie congrats xD at least this time it wasn't a hare she was after! lol. If you were to call her off would she listen? say she found something NOT legal to kill,or something that might hurt her? or does she get too caught up in the excitement?

Yeah, she was ever so slightly outclassed by that hare. xd
She knows what she's allowed to have and what she isn't to touch- livestock and native animals are a massive no-go and she knows she isn't even allowed to look at them. She has a really good 'leave it'.

I don't think I could shout her off a bolting rabbit; the speed at which it all happens, her drive and the fact they can't hear very well when at top speed [something to do with their blood circulation and the wind resistance] makes it unlikely. I can tell her to leave it before she starts running and she will.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm
Skeksis
Cowgirl-with-heart

She knows what she's allowed to have and what she isn't to touch- livestock and native animals are a massive no-go and she knows she isn't even allowed to look at them. She has a really good 'leave it'.

I don't think I could shout her off a bolting rabbit; the speed at which it all happens, her drive and the fact they can't hear very well when at top speed [something to do with their blood circulation and the wind resistance] makes it unlikely. I can tell her to leave it before she starts running and she will.
oohh I see,its cause the way you said it it sounded like you had no idea what was in tall grass,and I was like D: cause you know it could be something dangerous or something...  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

x-Madame_Chaos-x

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:04 pm
Cool I wish my dogs did something awesome like that. All they do is laze about the house and bark at strangers that come to our door. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:46 pm
Nurse Scarling

If you don't like seeing dogs do what they were bred to do, then perhaps don't click on a thread where the title clearly states its about hunting and killing rabbits. As an aside, control your temper and your mouth in my guild, especially when talking to one of the most knowledgeable and long-standing members.

Skek, congrats! Or should I say, congrats Rushie! She is looking oh-so-very grown up all of a sudden.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 am
congrats to you and your pup. ive been wondering when we will see a thread about her first kill  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:44 am

She is looking good! It seems like only yesterday when you posted about getting her. Congrats on the rabbit ^_^ it must have tasted like the best thing ever to her.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Skeksis

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Skeksis
Cowgirl-with-heart

oohh I see,its cause the way you said it it sounded like you had no idea what was in tall grass,and I was like D: cause you know it could be something dangerous or something...

Ah, sorry for causing concern. smile The cover was a mixture of thick ground-creeper, grass and the occasional old fallen branch, ranging from ankle height to knee height. I knew it wouldn't be hiding anything dangerous [like a roo], or anything that would outclass her at this point [like a fox]. It was too cold for snakes. I thought it may have been a rat or rabbit, with rabbit being most likely as there are a few in that spot and I have seen them use that cover before. smile
I'm very careful with her. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 am
Thanks all! She has been very prancy and full of herself today; she thinks she's it and a bit now. rofl Have never seen a rabbit get eaten as quickly as what that one did! rofl

Shanna: We've been working on it for a few weeks now, just a matter of putting the game in front of her and letting her work it out. She's a sharp little thing and she learns very fast; the first time she coursed a bunny she made the strike too soon and ended up with a mouthful of fur and no rabbit. She busted the second one out of cover but didn't listen to it rattling through the sticks, just attempted to locate it by nose, which resulted in her backtrailing and general confusion. By the time she turned around it had a good headstart and was into some heavier stuff she couldn't get into.
Pleased to see that for this one she used her ears and nose to locate and held off on the strike until it was a sure thing.XD  

Skeksis

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:52 am
Congradulations Rushi! I'm so proud of her, especially for standing so well for that pic.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff