Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Do You Want Children? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:14 am
Do you want to have a child (adopted or otherwise)? How many? A boy/boys and/or girl/girls? Do you have any names picked out (if you're able to have babies the old-fashioned way or are thinking about surrogacy)?

I think I'd like to have a little girl, once I'm in a stable relationship. Some of my favorite girl names are Emily, Amy, Sabrina, Erika, and Lyssa.
As far as boy names go, I think my favorite is Aedan (spelled that way).  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ugh, no. If I wanted a hyperactive attention whore, I'd get a dog. At least the dog could rock a name like Cthulhu or Xerxes and rip out the throats of robbers. cool

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 am
im going to talk to a genetics person and take a test to see if i have a high chance of cancer. if i do then my fiance and i are going to look into adopting, if not then we plan on reproducing

i want at least one, maybe 2. no more than 3

for boys vincent is the first name we will use. i like kaine for the second name but thats still up in the air

for girls lilith and michelle are the names i want to use. i would love to name a little girl after my mother. its a tradition in my family to name kids after other family members. i was named after my mother's cousin

i really look forward to being a mother and we plan on either having or adopting withing the next few years  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:28 am
Not now.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Dante_Sonata

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:52 am
Maybe eventually, but not while I'm still a poor college student. I want to wait until I have a decent, full time job and have that "dream farm in the country that's ten miles off the main road" that I always rave about.
I want a girl, at the very least; beyond that, I have little preference. I want to name her after my grandmother, Lois.
I've also told my dad that I want a boy just so I can name him after my great-grandfather Zenda, and his nickname would be Charlie, just because that is an awesome name. xP  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm
when i get older i might adopt a boy over the age of ten because 1. i don't have to go through the"you're adopted" fight 2. i hate (and i mean seriously HATE) little kids and 3. because i can't relate to hormonal girly-girls... not worth the risk

'till then i'm happy with my dogs Star (Starry) and Tessa (Tessie)  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:18 pm
No, being that I hate most small children, but maybe my mind will change in the future. I can teach them how to love anime, draw and hate annoying people. :3

I think I'd rather either two girls, or a boy and a girl.

Current names I think would be cool would be Dusk, Raquel, and Vencer. (they also happen to be OC names, lol)

Til my mind possibly changes, I'm good with a dog.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:14 pm
Not in the near future, but I do want kids at some point in time. I would be happy with either surrogacy or adoption. First, I have to find someone to help raise them. I would like to have two kids, three at most. I slightly lean towards wanting a son over a daughter, but to be honest the sex of the child isn't too important.  

bollier

FeenixPhyre18

Tipsy Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:23 pm
I want 2 or 3 kids, and at least 2 girls heart I REALLY want twins..but first my husband and I gotta learn patience sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm
No, I'll never want kids. neutral
I'm unable to handle little kids at all. I can't stand crying. I fear I'll ******** it up and the child will become out of control and so on. The kid would probably ignore me and go to their other parent.

It's all sorts of things. The most I'd go with caring for someone or something else would be a dog or a cat. Or maybe a bird, like a canary. But no kids.

EDIT: Did I just say my other parent? Oh my! XD  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 pm
I might want to adopt ONE boy when I'm over 30  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:20 pm
I used to totally gag at the thought of having kids but recently, I've noticed that I tend to find kids a lot more cute and have a slight desire to have one of my own.

Really is strange. But I've heard it happens in a lot of women around their 20's to 30's.

Oh, and I want a boy :3  

Excalibur Foxe

pkmn paolo

7,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:33 pm
I want to adopt at least three boys. :3
Here's part of my list: Cedric, Dmitri, Wilson, Rhys, and Alexei.
Alexei and Dmitri are my favorites, though. I like Russian names. cool

For a girl, Evanna (after Evanna Lynch :D ). Probably I'd nickname her Evey. [:  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm
No. Absolutely not.

I ended up becoming guardian of a 15 year-old nearly 2 years ago, but as I'm only 24, I'm much more like an older brother than a father.

If I somehow ended up needing to name a child, I would probably stick to something simple. I have an uncommon first and middle name, and my first name is spelled strangely. I've always hated it because I'm forever having to spell my name for people (or tell them how it's pronounced).

There are a few names in the Wheel of Time series that I think are pretty nice, but I'd never saddle a kid with that sort of moniker.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm
I want at least 2. One boy and one girl. No more than 5. (yeah. I like big families lol.) Mostly boys because girls seem like they attract too much drama. =P  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff