Submit

Grizzly l3ear

Lonely Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 pm
Ok so all our dogs have done this so does anyone know why and do your animals do the same??  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm
how much of what kind of food do they eat? a lot of dogs will do it if they eat too fast and dont chew (thus not getting all the nutrients) or they get crappy food or not enough,most of the time its because they are trying to get the nutrients from it,but sometimes its just bad habit.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 pm
http://www.dogpoopdiet.com/why-dogs-eat-poop/  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:51 am
Our older dog did that when we got him and when I asked the vet about it he recommended putting a couple little pieces of pineapple in with his food - apparently it makes the poop taste bad and breaks the habit. It worked well and it's cheaper then the pills you can buy at petsmart that do the same thing.  

JetAlmeara

Eloquent Raider

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 am
You posted about feeding Kibbles N Bits to your dogs on a different thread, so I'm sure that's some of the reason. Kibbles N Bits isn't really a good food for dogs. You can read more about that at sites like dogfoodanalysis.com, which rates certain brands of dog food and tells you why they chose that rating (such as too many grains, artificial preservatives, etc).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 pm
In the case of your dogs, it's probably to get nutrients from it, since they are not getting a food that's good for them. I'd suggest getting them on a healthier food, such as Wellness (can be found at Petsmart and Petco), Blue Buffalo (can be found at Petsmart or Petco) or Canidae (I haven't located this one anywhere other than online so far) (Of the two that can be found at Petsmart and Petco, I compared their ingredients, and Wellness is the healthiest of the two. Wellness Core is even healthier.). If you can't afford them, then there are some other decent ones for cheaper prices, which are Kirkland's Best Chicken, Rice and Vegetable (can be found only at Costco), or Taste of the Wild (can be found at tractor supply company). Both are healthier than what you can find at most of your average grocery stores and at walmart.

My dog tends to try to eat poop that came from a different dog... >.< Anyone have any ideas on how to end this behavior?  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff