Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Cat food stuff renamed, Raw question and stuff Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 pm
So I have my cat, Annabelle, on Natural Balance, and she's doing just fine on it. She loved Wellness CORE, and it was great and all, but I couldn't afford it. She has unlimited access to her dry food (she's not a big eater, she'll rarely eat unless someone's in the room with her. She's skinny, that little Queen is), and gets wet food in the morning. So, what's the problem, you ask? My mother. She INSISTS on buying her Friskies treats, as well as canned Friskies food.

I found a canned food at the grocery store that, legit, is about equal to Innova, according to DogFoodAnalysis. It's cheap enough, it's highly convenient, and it passes my ratings. Why my mom won't buy it, I'm not even sure :/

What I'd love:
Raw food. I'd love to go raw with her. She's a small cat, it'd be cheaper, and I'm sure she'd like it. Mom doesn't want frozen critters in the freezer :/ Blah. So close to perfect critterism.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Can you get a mini fridge on CL for your room? As far as expensive food goes, meal feeding might help, even if she's not a big eater. I got a 15lb bag of food for Sugar 3 months ago and so far we're only halfway through it. She gets 1/4c in the morning and 1/4 at night.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 pm
Vanilla eXee

Can you get a mini fridge on CL for your room? As far as expensive food goes, meal feeding might help, even if she's not a big eater. I got a 15lb bag of food for Sugar 3 months ago and so far we're only halfway through it. She gets 1/4c in the morning and 1/4 at night.

Dude I love you, I didn't even think of the mini fridge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:52 pm
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

That's what I used to keep my "gross" stuff in when I lived with my mom, lol. Blood worms, meal worms, whatever I was feeding my animals.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

That's what I used to keep my "gross" stuff in when I lived with my mom, lol. Blood worms, meal worms, whatever I was feeding my animals.

I would kiss you if you were in my state.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:16 pm
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

ME TOO! I have a fridge pretty much dedicated just to my pets (and Popsicles). Wombaroo, mealworms, etc. hee hee hee!  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 pm
You could tell your mother that Nestle Purina (who distributes/manufactures Friskies) just had a salmonella recall on cat food and omit the specific details. >w>

Underhanded, yes, but I think it gets the point across about quality control. But I know that some moms overreact and that could backfire. The thought was amusing, at least. x3

But the mini fridge is a fantastic idea. x3 If I were still living with my parents and had pets that required "gross" food, that's what I would opt for, too. Thank God I'm not though, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm
So I'm now scouring CL for a mini-fridge. Wish me luck, kiddies.  

Azusanga

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 am
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

xD Good luck. If it wasn't so heavy I would have my mom send my old one to you, I left it there Idk what happened to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 am
Kipluck
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

ME TOO! I have a fridge pretty much dedicated just to my pets (and Popsicles). Wombaroo, mealworms, etc. hee hee hee!

xD popsicles! I used to keep my leftovers in there too because we weren't allowed to get take out if we couldn't afford to buy her some too so I had to be sneaky >.> for the most part she wouldn't check since it was always filled with worms.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:05 pm
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

xD Good luck. If it wasn't so heavy I would have my mom send my old one to you, I left it there Idk what happened to it.

I found a $25 one on CL, and am checking my mail and CL often. I totally want this >.< Belley may be in good exterior state, but I know her teeth are horrid from the dry food. :/ she needs some bones  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 pm
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

I found a $25 one on CL, and am checking my mail and CL often. I totally want this >.< Belley may be in good exterior state, but I know her teeth are horrid from the dry food. :/ she needs some bones

Dry food isn't bad for their teeth wet food is. Dry food is more bad for their insides since there isn't enough moisture.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:02 pm
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

Dry food isn't bad for their teeth wet food is. Dry food is more bad for their insides since there isn't enough moisture.

The way she chews it, it doesn't even touch more then three or four of her teeth. She'll scoop a piece out, lick it up, get it in the very very back of her mouth, and chomp it once or twice, then swallow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 pm
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

The way she chews it, it doesn't even touch more then three or four of her teeth. She'll scoop a piece out, lick it up, get it in the very very back of her mouth, and chomp it once or twice, then swallow.

Even if she did chew it 'normally', dry food still is useless for dental health. When eating, dry food only touches the coronal (tip) part of the tooth. Most of the dental problems with cats and dogs is concentrated along the gumline and little crevices between teeth, rarely on the tip of the teeth.

Both dry and wet food are equally bad for teeth. Only thing to do about it is regularly brush the animal's teeth or feed bones and similar.  

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 pm
Moth Feathers
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee
Azusanga
Vanilla eXee

Even if she did chew it 'normally', dry food still is useless for dental health. When eating, dry food only touches the coronal (tip) part of the tooth. Most of the dental problems with cats and dogs is concentrated along the gumline and little crevices between teeth, rarely on the tip of the teeth.

Both dry and wet food are equally bad for teeth. Only thing to do about it is regularly brush the animal's teeth or feed bones and similar.

She throws a fit any time I get near her with a toothbrush, hence the need for bones. I think it's cause she's so small and the tooth brush is so big that it hurts her jaw when I try to get the back teeth.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff