Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
It's official, I have a ROOSTER (pics halfway down page 1) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 am

Well this morning at around 9 I heard this quiet little noise. I thought maybe it was my boyfriend's little brother crying, but he lives next door and we've never heard him cry before in our apartment. Then I heard it again, and it had more of a pattern to it. So I went outside, and I guess I had a weird look on my face because my boyfriend was like "What? What's the matter?" And I was just like "SHHH!" Then all of a sudden, I heard a crow coming from my coop!!! Whoever it was stopped before I got there, but I think it's Jacob. He's significantly bigger than Claudie, he has some "real" feathers on his tail, he has a bigger comb, he has a wattle and his head feathers (forget what they're called) aren't as rounded. They are approximately 15 weeks old (they were 3 weeks when I got them almost exactly 3 months ago). I don't know why I'm so excited, we don't have rules against roosters but we do have a noise ordinance, so I hope my neighbors don't complain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 pm
LOL so the bird with the boy name turns out to be a boy. Good Job!  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:45 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
LOL so the bird with the boy name turns out to be a boy. Good Job!

xD Well that was really Fred's doing. When he brought them home to me he pointed at the blue and said "This one is Jacob and he's my chicken."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:19 pm
How awesome! I recently discovered we can keep chickens, just not roosters... since apparently they call under the noise ordinance law here.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 pm
kage no neko
How awesome! I recently discovered we can keep chickens, just not roosters... since apparently they call under the noise ordinance law here.

Congrats, are you going to get any?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:50 pm
Vanilla eXee
I hope so! Fresh eggs sound awesome. I think we have to get permission from the health department first, and then actually find a chicken.. So probably no time soon. Still have lots of research to do before I even think of getting one.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:20 pm
kage no neko
Vanilla eXee
I hope so! Fresh eggs sound awesome. I think we have to get permission from the health department first, and then actually find a chicken.. So probably no time soon. Still have lots of research to do before I even think of getting one.

Good luck on your search! Chickens are fun and entertaining in their own right, eggs are just a bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:30 pm
Vanilla eXee
Good luck on your search! Chickens are fun and entertaining in their own right, eggs are just a bonus.
I have a friend (who doesn't live near me) who has pet chickens.. she said they're silly and actually quite loving. And they like to hang out in her bathtub..  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Azusanga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:32 pm
Feel free to post update pics :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 pm
kage no neko
Vanilla eXee
I have a friend (who doesn't live near me) who has pet chickens.. she said they're silly and actually quite loving. And they like to hang out in her bathtub..

They are, I love mine <3 You have to be careful though because some breeds are not friendly, cowgirl is pretty good at suggesting breeds.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm
Azusanga
Feel free to post update pics :3

Ask and you shall receive, these are from last weekish.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:43 pm
Cuuute  

Azusanga

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 pm
I freeking love Silkies. They ar so akward and cute lol Do any of yours have extra toes, or was my Fluffy just weird? lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:23 am
Akari_32
I freeking love Silkies. They ar so akward and cute lol Do any of yours have extra toes, or was my Fluffy just weird? lol

I haven't counted Jacob's toes, but Claudie has 7 toes on one foot and 6 on the other (for people who don't know: silkies are supposed to have 5 toes on each foot, which is still more than most chickens have). I'm just glad they're fully feathered now, it was cute but they looked so silly as they were getting feathers in. Hoping hoping hoping that Claudie is a girl.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:34 am
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

I haven't counted Jacob's toes, but Claudie has 7 toes on one foot and 6 on the other (for people who don't know: silkies are supposed to have 5 toes on each foot, which is still more than most chickens have). I'm just glad they're fully feathered now, it was cute but they looked so silly as they were getting feathers in. Hoping hoping hoping that Claudie is a girl.

I think Fluffy had 6 toes on each foot lol She was funny too. After one of my dogs broke her leg (he tried to play with her -_-), I would have to move her with my foot off her nest (so I could get her eggs) or she would peck the crap out of my hand. Then she'd give me this horribly sad look, like "Why did you take my eggs! crying " Even though, 2 seconds ago, she tried to kill me rofl

They deffinatly are the cutest when they feathers are growing in LOL Random little fluffs all over their bodies heart  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff