Submit

Mirai Maku

Intermediate Flatterer

12,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:48 pm
I decided to splurge on some anime. Amazon's having a sale until August 8th and I took advantage of it. I'm also afraid of what's going to close next, since Geneon's USA division closed, and Tokyopop recently closed.

Here's what I got:
[$29.99] Dragonball GT: Complete Series (I watched all of DBZ and kinda fell out of the series right when GT started to air, so now I want to finish it =P)
[$29.99] Maid Sama: Season One
[$13.49] Moonphase: Complete Series
[$19.99] Negima!? Master Negi Magi: Complete Series
[$13.99] Gankutsuou: Count of Monte Cristo: Complete Series
[$21.99] Bamboo Blade: Complete Series

So how'd I do? Anyone have any comments on the above list?

Overall, it's ~72 hours of animes for $139 (free shipping, of course). Considering any one of those sold at retail would be ~$60, I think it's a steal.

So much for saving money for a Rosetta Stone >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:54 pm
gonk How did you get Negima for so little?!?! I mean, I know you said there was a sale, but the box set I found was for over a hundred dollars.

I would KILL to get my mitts on the original series. I can't find it anywhere on the internet! (Driving me mad.)  

rahna
Vice Captain

Mirai Maku

Intermediate Flatterer

12,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 pm
rahna
gonk How did you get Negima for so little?!?! I mean, I know you said there was a sale, but the box set I found was for over a hundred dollars.

I would KILL to get my mitts on the original series. I can't find it anywhere on the internet! (Driving me mad.)

I don't think it's the original "Negima!" It's the second...version? of it. Tis why I put "Master Negi Magi" at the end of the name.

The original is going for $116 on Amazon atm...but with free shipping! The used box set is $50, but that's always a shot in the dark on whether it's going to be okay or not. (IE, I bought a book that said it was in "Great condition." Turned out to be a library bound book that had writing in it and black marker that censored some of the words. It was Howl's Moving Castle ffs)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 pm
Mirai Maku
rahna

I don't think it's the original "Negima!" It's the second...version? of it. Tis why I put "Master Negi Magi" at the end of the name.

The original is going for $116 on Amazon atm...but with free shipping! The used box set is $50, but that's always a shot in the dark on whether it's going to be okay or not. (IE, I bought a book that said it was in "Great condition." Turned out to be a library bound book that had writing in it and black marker that censored some of the words. It was Howl's Moving Castle ffs)

Blast it! I saw that, drastically hoped I was wrong. But no such luck. I don't want to spend that much for a box set, too expensive. (I could afford it...but I'm an awful tightwad.) Dang, that was a ripoff. (boy do I feel sorry for you.)  

rahna
Vice Captain

xXNightRose14Xx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 pm
Being alone
♥I think you did pretty good for box sets razz usually they are a lot more. Congrats! biggrin

More companies are probably gonna go out of business sooner or later, enjoy the ones that we still have. smile

Forevermore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Those are good prices now only if they weren't going out of buissness... emo  

kikipear

Distinct Phantom

5,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Lily Hawthorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 am
What's happening to all the suppliers, why are they closing?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:12 pm
Lily Hawthorn

Being alone
♥ To put it simply, if people don't buy there products, the company goes out of business.

Forevermore

xXNightRose14Xx
Vice Captain

Lily Hawthorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:24 pm
xXNightRose14Xx
Lily Hawthorn

Being alone
♥ To put it simply, if people don't buy there products, the company goes out of business.

Forevermore

i always thought anime and manga were pretty popular  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:27 pm
Hmm ADV films closed as well a while back, I know this, because you can't find Princess Tutu or R.O.D. series anymore. As for buying online, I don't I just go to various anime stores and what I find I get~ which is usually rare, or hard to find. I won't be buying any FUNimation stuff soon, since they're not going out of business and everything is expensive, except for the Complete Series specials, but the boxes aren't pretty ._. I like my 70 dollar Moon Phase box set razz  

YoRHa
Crew

Distinct Conversationalist

12,900 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Medalist 100

xXNightRose14Xx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 pm
Lily Hawthorn
xXNightRose14Xx
Lily Hawthorn

Being alone

Forevermore

Being alone
♥ Sure there popular. A lot of people would rather read online and watch online then buy the products because reading online and watching is for free rather then buying manga for $10 or buying anime for however much amount.

Forevermore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 am
xXNightRose14Xx
Lily Hawthorn
xXNightRose14Xx
Lily Hawthorn

Being alone

Forevermore

Being alone
♥ Sure there popular. A lot of people would rather read online and watch online then buy the products because reading online and watching is for free rather then buying manga for $10 or buying anime for however much amount.

Forevermore

i buy manga since i like hard copies of stuff  

Lily Hawthorn

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:11 am
I am so there.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 am
Lily Hawthorn
xXNightRose14Xx
Lily Hawthorn
xXNightRose14Xx
Lily Hawthorn

Being alone

Forevermore

Being alone

Forevermore

i buy manga since i like hard copies of stuff

Being alone
♥ So do I. lol

Forevermore

xXNightRose14Xx
Vice Captain

SoulOfEuphoria

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 pm
if u like anime go to animefreak.tv or animeratio.com and netfilx got some good anime too i watched all kind of anime smile  
CHATTERBOX

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff