Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 am
well if anyone read through my other thread from yesterday about wether to have a baby or a puppy first you should have also seen that i was going to the spca to see a dog i saw on their website

i has a hound mutt thing. imagine a pharoh hound with terrier fur and a terrier face

now for her back story
she was a stray then went to the spca and got adopted a few months ago and then was found again and the owners never came for her even though they were contacted and told about the dog. she was at the spca for a little less than a month and i got her for $39. the normal adoption fee is $150 but since she was there for so long and they are full i got a discount on her. and she is a year old so i still get the puppy phase without the annoying parts of the puppy phase

also she has been chipped and spayed twice so she has the cat beat lol reign only got spayed twice and doesnt have a chip

oh, and her name is stowrm. the fiance likes to spell things weird, i dont mind though.

the cats have put aside their differences in order to take down this new foe
User Image

outside this morning
User Image

to show how big she is
User Image
User Image

User Image

her only 2 toys for now. poor baby, im going to get more stuff for her soon
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:09 am
OMG SHE IS SOOO CUTE! Too bad you can't skip the annoying parts of the baby phase xd

Was hubby with you when you got her lol, or was he like, um, why did you bring home a dog that is neither a puppy nor a shepherd? Or is this ur dog and he's still getting his lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:09 am
also gabby? could you give me some tips on getting her into frisbies? she is a great jumper and runner so i think she would really enjoy it. ive just got no idea where to start though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:13 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
OMG SHE IS SOOO CUTE! Too bad you can't skip the annoying parts of the baby phase xd

Was hubby with you when you got her lol, or was he like, um, why did you bring home a dog that is neither a puppy nor a shepherd? Or is this ur dog and he's still getting his lol

lol i didnt see your post a second ago

he wasnt happy abou tit but he loves her. i just told him to meet me at the spca becasue i had a feeling about a dog. he kept saying it was my choice though we should wait. well you can guess what i decided XD he was mad at me for the rest of the day but he said that my impulsiveness and me always following my gut is what he loves about me so he didnt want to make a big deal about it

still going to get a shepherd in a few years, probably after the kid. but this is my doggy whee my first dog that is mine  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:39 am

Awwwww!!!!!! I'm jls, what cute dog.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 am
EEEEEEEK! Giant ears! Spotted feeties! I think I'm in love!  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:49 am
Shanna66
also gabby? could you give me some tips on getting her into frisbies? she is a great jumper and runner so i think she would really enjoy it. ive just got no idea where to start though.

ooohhh, you just made me the happiest girl xd

First off, understand that the ability to catch a frisbee, and to pick it up when it's flat on the ground, is difficult for most dogs. So baby steps is how we get dogs interested in a frisbee. I would say to maybe start with a soft, durable frisbee. Like a kong, or even a eurablend or jaws. Until you have a solid drop/leave command. I like eurablend and jaws because you can roll them on their rims, which one, triggers a dog's instinct to chase, and two, teaches them how to pick it up by the rim. You can also, maybe with a cheaper frisbee, poke a whole, put a string through and drag it like a cat toy. Don't be afraid to play tug with the frisbee.

Here is a video on getting dogs into frisbees.

If you look through his channel, he has some good videos on training. But, one thing that pisses me off a lot is he's kind of full of himself and thinks that his way is like the only right way and that pack mentality doesn't exist. But ur smart enough to get what you need from his videos without buying into the bull s**t parts.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Shanna66

First off, understand that the ability to catch a frisbee, and to pick it up when it's flat on the ground, is difficult for most dogs. So baby steps is how we get dogs interested in a frisbee. I would say to maybe start with a soft, durable frisbee. Like a kong, or even a eurablend or jaws. Until you have a solid drop/leave command. I like eurablend and jaws because you can roll them on their rims, which one, triggers a dog's instinct to chase, and two, teaches them how to pick it up by the rim. You can also, maybe with a cheaper frisbee, poke a whole, put a string through and drag it like a cat toy. Don't be afraid to play tug with the frisbee.

If you look through his channel, he has some good videos on training. But, one thing that pisses me off a lot is he's kind of full of himself and thinks that his way is like the only right way and that pack mentality doesn't exist. But ur smart enough to get what you need from his videos without buying into the bull s**t parts.

thank you so much! i got one of the cheap 99 cent ones at petsmart today before i read your p[ost and its hard plastic, she loves chasing it but was having problems picking it up and so got bored of it quickly. ill keep an eye out for the soft ones mrgreen

also im suprised, they said she was one of the most high energy dogs at the shelter, and since the shelter is full of pits and herding breeds that means alot, but when she is inside she is fine laying down. outside though she never seems to run out of energy  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm
awe shes precious!!! congrats on your new fur baby!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm
Too cute. Must have.  

Azusanga

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:22 pm
She looks so happy!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Shanna66
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Shanna66

thank you so much! i got one of the cheap 99 cent ones at petsmart today before i read your p[ost and its hard plastic, she loves chasing it but was having problems picking it up and so got bored of it quickly. ill keep an eye out for the soft ones mrgreen

also im suprised, they said she was one of the most high energy dogs at the shelter, and since the shelter is full of pits and herding breeds that means alot, but when she is inside she is fine laying down. outside though she never seems to run out of energy

That is not too surprising. Some dogs just have "off" switches. Like Aussies. Even pits I find. Are willing to go as long as you want, but inside turn into couch potatoes. Provided they get their minimum exercise requirements. Try dtworld.com for frisbees. Shipping should be less for you than it is for me. They have unbeatable prices on frisbees. Type in "Zak" under coupon for 10% off. Go for something like jaws or eurablend, they are more expensive, but, a regular fastback will be destroyed within the day. I buy like 20 or more at a time for Cowboy. And he has a perfect drop command. Or anything that says it's flexible and durable. Unfortunately they don't carry Kong or any fabric ones either. You'd have to look at petsmart for that.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Skeksis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:24 pm
Cute doglet! Love her happy face. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 pm
I get a kick out of the fact that you told all of us on here, but have said nothing about it on facebook xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:20 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Shanna66
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Shanna66

That is not too surprising. Some dogs just have "off" switches. Like Aussies. Even pits I find. Are willing to go as long as you want, but inside turn into couch potatoes. Provided they get their minimum exercise requirements. Try dtworld.com for frisbees. Shipping should be less for you than it is for me. They have unbeatable prices on frisbees. Type in "Zak" under coupon for 10% off. Go for something like jaws or eurablend, they are more expensive, but, a regular fastback will be destroyed within the day. I buy like 20 or more at a time for Cowboy. And he has a perfect drop command. Or anything that says it's flexible and durable. Unfortunately they don't carry Kong or any fabric ones either. You'd have to look at petsmart for that.

thanks. im going to a pet supply store with great prices later today so ill see if i can find anything. alot of times they will have things that the other stores dont carry and for the same prices you find online. guess where i get all my pet stuff lol. the only thing they dont carry is a decent rat food but with all other animals they have a great selection on toys and food. even evo is at an afordable price

the fiance and i like this off switch thing. so far she is perfect, the only accidents she has had were in her cage at night

Cowgirl-with-heart
I get a kick out of the fact that you told all of us on here, but have said nothing about it on facebook xD

im keeping her a seceret from my dad until after the wedding. he got pissed enough at me when i got a cat a few months ago. im an adult with my own house and i still have to sneak in animals past my dad gonk

plus i wanted to suprise my sister, i had her come over yesterday and just let the dog greet her. she was so auprised and didnt believe me at first when i said she was mine

also as an update on her
yesterday we taught her sit and lay down. such a smart girl. today ill be working on stay

and she met the pit next door through the fence. both dogs seemed to have alot of fun running along the fence and everytime stowrm went to play with her ball the pit would call her back over.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff