Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Click here to see the surprise! XD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:29 pm
Thats so exciting!! I love fresh eggs, and boy do I miss them!  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:54 am
Akari_32
Thats so exciting!! I love fresh eggs, and boy do I miss them!

Yupp. I am going to eat her egg for breakfast probably.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm
congratulations! So exciting!  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 pm
Kipluck
congratulations! So exciting!

Thanks xD She's laid 2 eggs so far, didn't lay today but I didn't even expect the second one. And her eggs are delicious!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 pm
Vanilla eXee

Thanks xD She's laid 2 eggs so far, didn't lay today but I didn't even expect the second one. And her eggs are delicious!

Fresh eggs.... mmmmmm..... Are the shells really thick? Fluffy's eggs had really thick shells. Even now, a few years later after rehoming the chickens, I still think store bought eggs shells are really thin LOL  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:40 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

Fresh eggs.... mmmmmm..... Are the shells really thick? Fluffy's eggs had really thick shells. Even now, a few years later after rehoming the chickens, I still think store bought eggs shells are really thin LOL

Just for you Akari, I got up from my computer and did a comparison (we still have egg shells from breakfast because we're gonna give them to Claudie in the morning) lol. Her shells are double the thickness of the store bought ones. xD I can't stop gushing, I'm so proud of her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

Just for you Akari, I got up from my computer and did a comparison (we still have egg shells from breakfast because we're gonna give them to Claudie in the morning) lol. Her shells are double the thickness of the store bought ones. xD I can't stop gushing, I'm so proud of her.

Awww I feel so special!! heart LOL

Thats very interesting... I wonder if its a Silki thing, or a well-taken-care-of-chicken thing...?  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:35 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

Awww I feel so special!! heart LOL

Thats very interesting... I wonder if its a Silki thing, or a well-taken-care-of-chicken thing...?

I think it's well taken care of chicken. On the chicken forum I go on people talk about that type of thing, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:56 pm
Vanilla eXee

I think it's well taken care of chicken. On the chicken forum I go on people talk about that type of thing, lol.

Thats what I was thinking lol My chickens got all kinda of food, spoiled brats! We'd give them crushed up (non-sugary) grain-based cereals, like plain Cherrio's and Wheaties, and bough them a good brand of pellets (Nutrina?), and game then bread and crackers and stuff. And after we would mow the grass in the coop (a 10 ft x 30 ft fenced in area), they'd hunt moths and bugs that got stirred up lol  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:08 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

Thats what I was thinking lol My chickens got all kinda of food, spoiled brats! We'd give them crushed up (non-sugary) grain-based cereals, like plain Cherrio's and Wheaties, and bough them a good brand of pellets (Nutrina?), and game then bread and crackers and stuff. And after we would mow the grass in the coop (a 10 ft x 30 ft fenced in area), they'd hunt moths and bugs that got stirred up lol

Ooh that sounds like a chicken's dream! I give mine leftover fruits, veggies, grass, mealworms and the store down the street sells organic grains by the pound so I usually get some of those to mix in with their feed. They have whatever bugs they can catch in the yard too :3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:28 pm
Vanilla eXee

Ooh that sounds like a chicken's dream! I give mine leftover fruits, veggies, grass, mealworms and the store down the street sells organic grains by the pound so I usually get some of those to mix in with their feed. They have whatever bugs they can catch in the yard too :3

Have ever gotten to watch them hunt? Its so funny!! rofl  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:33 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

You mean "AAAH A BUG!" -peckpeckpeckpeck- "Why is it still there?!" -peckpeckpeckpeck-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:47 pm
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

You mean "AAAH A BUG!" -peckpeckpeckpeck- "Why is it still there?!" -peckpeckpeckpeck-

Yes, kinda like that rofl Also when they pounce on it rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:49 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

Yes, kinda like that rofl Also when they pounce on it rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Chickens are soo silly. I just put them away and Jacob does this new thing where when I put him in the coop, he lays down in front and stretches his head out the door for me to pet him. So I sat up on the coop and started petting him, then Claudie saw what was going on, got jealous and pushed her way under my arm so she could get love too :3

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff