Submit

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:25 am
Yay, nay?

On one hand, animals have feelings too, but on the other, omnivores (which we are) are meant to eat both meat and plants.

Personally, Im not trying to thrash any vegetarians out there, but I think its primitively in our nature, and nutritious for us anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:46 am
Well, I like being a vegetarian and I don't think I will ever eat meat again after this journey without it. However, I do think getting enough protein (not specifically meat products) is important.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:45 am
I'm vegetarian so I did my research,

Meat products are an easy way to get every nutrient you need. However, they can be replaced by other foods.

So unless, like Pingu-kun, you aren't human, all you need to watch is the iron. I take iron pills.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 am
I've tried being a vegetarian but when you live in a house where breakfast, lunch and dinner all have to have meat in them or it isn't a proper meal it gets tough.

I personally think killing and eating millions of animals with feelings, have pain, and fear is awful. If I ruled the world (your lucky I don't wink ) there would be no more eating animals XD

But anyway, so I have taken small steps in hopes of someday being vegetarian. Like I don't eat turkey or beef, and am working on pork but it's a slow and hard work sweatdrop

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:27 pm
I can't live without beef..... Or KFC...... But every other meat can just go to hell.....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 pm
X-tailerr-X
omnivores (which we are) are meant to eat both meat and plants

No we're not. People have the option to be omnivores, vegetarians, carnivores, pescetarian, or anything else they want. We're not meant to eat a certain way and there is no right or wrong way to eat food. We can get all our nutrients from other foods, especially protein, from legumes and beans, not just meat.

So yea, we're not *meant* to eat or be a certain way, every one is different, we are too diverse to have just one *right* or *normal* thing. It's normal to be different. blaugh

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm
Hunting and killing animals is just fine. Keeping animals under controlled conditions so they become weak and 'tender' is ******** up.
A girl I work with is becoming a vegetarian precisely for this reason.

I'm eat everything, I can't afford to be a vegetarian, much less vegan. My body is a shithole as it is.

And, I can't stand how most vegetarians shove it in your face and act like you are disgusting for eating meat and they are better than you, and get offended when you have no idea they are a vegetarian in the first place and offer them a burger or something. That's just because their being a d**k, though, not because their a vegetarian. I have a friend that's kind of like this, though. :/  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm
Banshee Cupcake
I can't live without beef..... Or KFC...... But every other meat can just go to hell.....

Kentucky Fried Cruelty is the worst....... cry  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:42 pm
After seeing how some of them behave if I mention eating meat and quick they are to jump the guns I can say I'll never be one. =  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm
Utziel
Hunting and killing animals is just fine. Keeping animals under controlled conditions so they become weak and 'tender' is ******** up.
A girl I work with is becoming a vegetarian precisely for this reason.

I'm eat everything, I can't afford to be a vegetarian, much less vegan. My body is a shithole as it is.

And, I can't stand how most vegetarians shove it in your face and act like you are disgusting for eating meat and they are better than you, and get offended when you have no idea they are a vegetarian in the first place and offer them a burger or something. That's just because their being a d**k, though, not because their a vegetarian. I have a friend that's kind of like this, though. :/

I agree. Hunting for food to eat is the natural way I suppose, I despise it when people just kill animals for sport. Those animal factories are disgusting, they do nothing but abuse the animals and lock them up, not giving them a chance to fight for their lives like how nature intended them to. I'm not vegetarian at all, I eat meat mainly because I'm a broke college student who lives off of what ever is available at the cafeteria (I live on campus and I feed off of a meal plan). If I had it my way, I'd probably be vegetarian right now, but I don't have the means to be able to right now.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm
Living in an Italian family...well let's say it's hard to avoid meat. I'd consider becoming a vegetarian when I go to college, not because of the whole "killing animals is wrong" thing, but because I just don't like how most meat tastes.

Also I don't want to touch it when cooking. emotion_donotwant Bleh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:00 pm
A Touch of Evil
Banshee Cupcake

Kentucky Fried Cruelty is the worst....... cry
Although now it's getting kinda too dry for my tastes so I might just end up getting taco bell. Theres a co-owned resturant with KFC AND tacobell not too far from my house. Tis heavenly with the burritos. *drool* No meat though! Burritos+meat= blegh.  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:49 pm
I tried to be vegetarian once.
It was hard, and I quit.
I did so because my mom and sister kept eating meat in front of me.
But, I may try it again.
I hate knowing I'm eating dead animals sometimes.
I imagine I am the animal I eat, and it makes me sad.
Honestly I feel like a monster sometimes. I do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:05 pm
A Touch of Evil
X-tailerr-X
omnivores (which we are) are meant to eat both meat and plants

No we're not. People have the option to be omnivores, vegetarians, carnivores, pescetarian, or anything else they want. We're not meant to eat a certain way and there is no right or wrong way to eat food. We can get all our nutrients from other foods, especially protein, from legumes and beans, not just meat.

So yea, we're not *meant* to eat or be a certain way, every one is different, we are too diverse to have just one *right* or *normal* thing. It's normal to be different. blaugh

Okay, you got me on this one.

Plenty of animals eat other animals, and were animals too. Yes, they have feelings and all that, but they are part of the food chain, and it is the cycle of life. Its not like they have aspirations or anything, theyre not really going anywhere else.

Also, to whoever addressed it, I agree animals should not be kept in such poor conditions crying While alive all beings should be treated nicely.  

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:53 am
Trying to be one.
I want to eat every veggies in the world, not for the animals but.
I hate veggies!

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces