Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Fashion is Ridiculous. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soul Love-chama

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 pm
Okay, so this weekend is Homecoming weekend for me. As normal, I went and got a dress at the last minute because my parents keep putting it off even though I said "Let's go today!" We FINALLY get to Khol's, which has SUPER amazing dresses for Homecoming, and none of them fit me. The most awesome rainbow dress was my favorite (plus it fit the Jungle theme) and the closest I could find to my size was a 14. Why does the world think being a 3 or 9 is the size everyone is? I'm not that skinny! Make something in my size that won't run out fast!
This is SO frustrating. Anyone else feel this way?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 pm
I don't have exactly the same issue as you, although I do find it difficult to find clothes that fit. God it bothers me, they think everyone is the same general shape and size! Half my wardrobe doesn't fit me right!

And I have homecoming this week too :3 I just got a few dresses from my older sister so I wouldn't have to spend any money >w<

So did you find a dress? If not I hope you get and even awesomer one than the rainbow one!  

nurnse_rolol

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:07 pm
I find it difficult to find clothes that I like because I have huge boobs.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 pm
I find it frustrating to find the right clothes for my homecoming as well. This year's theme is called Cirque de (Enter city name here.) Which means almost like a masquerade, but i can't find anything even close to what i need!  

Lector Forzal

Fashionable Gawker

4,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:00 pm
Oscar Wilde said "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 pm
Esiris
Oscar Wilde said "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."

I love Oscar Wilde!

and also, I don't really have this problem. Then again, I pretty much stick to t-shirts and jeans.  

bollier

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 am
i dont focus on the fashion world all that much. i just where whatever fits nice. i mean, i dont usually wear the stereotypical clothing for a gay male  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:30 pm
khols sucks for sizes. in other stores im a medium but un khols im usually a large, sometings even an xl. very rarely do i fit into a medium there. plus not many of their clothes are made for people with a thin-ish waist and huge hips. deb is much better imo. they have all sorts of sizes.

also if your a 14 maybe try torrid? its a plus size store but i still manage to fit into a size 0 there. they are expensive but their clothes are amazing and way better quality than most of the stuff yousee at other stores  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Soul Love-chama

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 pm
Shanna66
khols sucks for sizes. in other stores im a medium but un khols im usually a large, sometings even an xl. very rarely do i fit into a medium there. plus not many of their clothes are made for people with a thin-ish waist and huge hips. deb is much better imo. they have all sorts of sizes.

also if your a 14 maybe try torrid? its a plus size store but i still manage to fit into a size 0 there. they are expensive but their clothes are amazing and way better quality than most of the stuff yousee at other stores

I've never heard of that store surprised I'll have to look into that tomorrow. I bought a dress at JC Penny's the other day, but I don't like it. :/ My mom found it in the women's section thinking I would like it... I should really plan things better and not procrastinate orz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 pm
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66

I've never heard of that store surprised I'll have to look into that tomorrow. I bought a dress at JC Penny's the other day, but I don't like it. :/ My mom found it in the women's section thinking I would like it... I should really plan things better and not procrastinate orz

lol you and me both XD ive been married for a month and still havent updated my license with my new name and address  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Soul Love-chama

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:42 pm
Shanna66
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66

lol you and me both XD ive been married for a month and still havent updated my license with my new name and address

XDDD But waiting at the DMV is a nightmare so you have an alibi xD
I bet ten bucks that's what's gonna happen when I get married >v>;;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:45 pm
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66

its horrible unless you go in as soon as it opens, but my morning routine is already set in stone. play with dog until she is tired, play dragon age for a couple hours, play with dog until she is tired, then shower. by then its already lunch time lol.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Soul Love-chama

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:55 pm
Shanna66
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66

its horrible unless you go in as soon as it opens, but my morning routine is already set in stone. play with dog until she is tired, play dragon age for a couple hours, play with dog until she is tired, then shower. by then its already lunch time lol.

Dragon Age is AMAZING. Though I got stuck when I went into this temple thing to get Andraste's ashes and gave up for a while before flipping a coin and deciding to destroy the spirit dude since I'm afraid of the dragon outside QuQ;;
Anyway. I once stood there four in a half hours before we finally got inside. ANOTHER hour passed before we actually got our number(s) called. Freaking ridiculous @_@ I was there when the line was pretty damn short in the morning, too! > <

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:15 pm
Lol it's hard for me to find clothes too. I have broad shoulders and a full chest... most stuff with broad shoulders are for men.
I have homecoming in November though, so I have a bit of time to pick out my outfit.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:02 pm
My homecoming is in 2 weeks! I bought this one! And I got these shoes! My mom is like "Don't you wanna look at other dresses?" and I'm like "No, I already looked online for like 4 hours!"

I always consult the internet when it comes to buying dresses.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff