Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:32 am
My cat's acting weird lately, kind of. She tries to get out all the time now. She never has been interested in people food but last night she was caught licking an empty bowl of chili.
I have a collar on her now and I didn't before, and I've been taking her out on a leash lately. So I don't know if this contributes or not...
Any ideas and anything I can do?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 am
Maybe the reason because she tries to get out all the time is because you take her out on the leash. Might be a reason that she likes it outside?

Changes in their behavior can be something serious.
Did anything happened lately? Stress? Moving out, new stuff, new animals, new people? Anything?

Why does she have a collar on now and not before?

Is it because she's hungrier? Or does she eat human food while her own bowl is filled?  

pompoennetje

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:19 am
I need a lil bit more info. Like. Age, Fertile? How long you've had kitty? Diet change? Weight change? Any other kind of changes?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 am
Funklepuss
Maybe the reason because she tries to get out all the time is because you take her out on the leash. Might be a reason that she likes it outside?

Did anything happened lately? Stress? Moving out, new stuff, new animals, new people? Anything?

Is it because she's hungrier? Or does she eat human food while her own bowl is filled?

because she's an inside cat, and she wears the collar so I can take her out on the leash.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 am
iDiru
Funklepuss

because she's an inside cat, and she wears the collar so I can take her out on the leash.

But do you take it off if she's inside?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
I need a lil bit more info. Like. Age, Fertile? How long you've had kitty? Diet change? Weight change? Any other kind of changes?

4 I think. Spayed. Since birth. Mom bought a new catfood because it was on sale and she had a coupon; none of my cats really like it. I don't know, she's pretty fat.
She bit someone in the face but she bites a lot, so I don't know if that's really a change....  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:19 am
Funklepuss
iDiru
Funklepuss

But do you take it off if she's inside?

No. I try to make sure she's used to it and stuff. But I don't know if she really is bothered by it. I don't think she ever tries to get it off  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:24 am
iDiru
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

4 I think. Spayed. Since birth. Mom bought a new catfood because it was on sale and she had a coupon; none of my cats really like it. I don't know, she's pretty fat.
She bit someone in the face but she bites a lot, so I don't know if that's really a change....

How long ago your mom changed the catfood?  

pompoennetje

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 am
Funklepuss
iDiru
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

about two weeks ago  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 am
iDiru
Funklepuss
iDiru
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

about two weeks ago

And when did she started to eat human food?  

pompoennetje

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 am
Funklepuss
iDiru
Funklepuss
iDiru
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

about two weeks ago

And when did she started to eat human food?

last night  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 am
What was she eating and what is she on now?

It is possible that going outside is making her want to go outside. Now that doesn't mean you should stop taking her out. In fact, if you make it a regular habbit, like walking a dog, then she might not be soo anxious to get out. Just make sure she has a collar with ID in case she does ever escape, and try to talk to your family about what protocols to take to ensure she doesn't escape. Simple things like, being careful opening the door to come in, don't ever leave doors open etc.

As for the food eating, well, it could be she is starting to test her limits with you, which cats sometimes do. She's a cat, she's curious. Maybe she was looking for something other than the new food to eat.

None of these behaviors sound too alarming. And like kids-teens-adults, sometimes behavior changes are normal. I'd be more worried if she was less active, or hid a lot, or refused to eat 24hrs or more at a time. Or any kind of straining in the litter or a sudden drastic change in vocalization. Because those types of changes can be associated with medical problems.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces