Submit

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:21 pm
so, we just found out this morning, that our 13 yr old boxer/chihuahua mix has liver cancer, I guess the vet said that if he wasn't so spoiled he wouldn't still be around. I was afraid it was cancer, we at first thought it might be his thyroid, but the vet ruled that out visually (the blood test was still done though) and its liver cancer, we are reading about what are some good diets, but it will be interesting cause hes a super picky old man lol he has from 4 months to a year I guess though, so that's good!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:10 pm
What are you guys doing diet and supplement wise? Cutting ALL carbs and sugars out of his diet will help starve the cancer.

Cancer sucks. sad  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:53 pm
Savage Destiny
What are you guys doing diet and supplement wise? Cutting ALL carbs and sugars out of his diet will help starve the cancer.

Cancer sucks. sad
that's what I thought mad for some reason, our vet got it mixed up and said that carbs are GOOD for him and I was like no....shes talking about doing a mostly rice and liver diet, we butchered our cow not long ago, so we have like 6 packages of liver, does that sound good? (shes meaning cooked white rice, boiled or whatever)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:44 am
Oh my god, that's horrible. Cancer is a horrible disease. That sucks. sad
Good luck.  

pompoennetje

Akiska

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 pm
Personally I'd use brown rice, white is just sugar really. Brown has more vitamins and nutrients.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:17 pm

=( Poor fella.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:31 pm
Akiska
Personally I'd use brown rice, white is just sugar really. Brown has more vitamins and nutrients.
ooohhh ok, I will let mom know, though I read today that rice isn't good for them, she is still convinced that they need a lot of carbs and a little protein stressed but I think I have her talked into this RAW recipe using the cow liver.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games